Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: V-Twin Comparison.......... And the votes are in  (Read 9073 times)

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
My favorite color is chrome

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: V-Twin Comparison.......... And the votes are in
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 02:47:36 AM »

This dog seems to have an opinion :

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:12:56 AM »

This dog seems to have an opinion :

LOL... That's funny!!!

I for one like the article and it's decision to rank the MoCo offering second, choice cut, place. Maybe  it will have the MoCo looking over its shoulder...probably not.
However, the author complains about the heat of the 103 but then he suggests that the 110 would have maybe changed the order of finish. Apparently he has never straddled the 110 otherwise the heat of the 103 may have been a non issue.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 08:24:34 AM »

So they say the "Harley would have won if it had a 110................but wait, mine has a 110.................I know apples to apples.......oh wait, Indian doesn't have a "off the shelf" custom.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Cycle World compares Harley, Indian and Victory baggers
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 08:59:21 AM »

Overall a great review, I thought.  The comments below the article are equally interesting.

I'll say it again.....coming from somebody that's rode Harleys since 1970 and the touring models since 1989, the touring Harleys of today are much more reliable, trouble free and comfortable than they were in my earlier years (and I thought my 89 Ultra Classic was quite comfortable).  In short I ride further in a day, further in a trip and further between any kind of breakdown or failure than back in those days.  :2vrolijk_21:

I've never rode a Victory nor a later model Indian but I'm quite happy on my 13 CVO Ultra Classic and neither the Victory nor Indian make a bike that comes close to the CVO Ultra Classic.  Foreign.....if I were to cross over to the dark side, it would be the BMW and not a Goldwing.  But for now, even that's just not an option for me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:06:29 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 10:08:39 AM »

Overall a great review, I thought.  The comments below the article are equally interesting.

I'll say it again.....coming from somebody that's rode Harleys since 1970 and the touring models since 1989, the touring Harleys of today are much more reliable, trouble free and comfortable than they were in my earlier years (and I thought my 89 Ultra Classic was quite comfortable).  In short I ride further in a day, further in a trip and further between any kind of breakdown or failure than back in those days.  :2vrolijk_21:

I've never rode a Victory nor a later model Indian but I'm quite happy on my 13 CVO Ultra Classic and neither the Victory nor Indian make a bike that comes close to the CVO Ultra Classic.  Foreign.....if I were to cross over to the dark side, it would be the BMW and not a Goldwing.  But for now, even that's just not an option for me.

JC

I bought my first Harley in 1977. Bought my first dresser (a 1988 Electra Glide Classic) in 88. I will always have a Harley or two. But I love to ride so from the Aprilia's to the Wing (rode the Wing 180 miles yesterday) to the Harley's it's all good to me. I'm thinking a Polaris RZR (unfortunately w/snow plow attachment for Maggie Valley) and or a 2wd Ural would fit in my future. But then again an older Buell would be fun. I have had three of those and one more wouldn't hurt.
A man can never have too many bikes.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »

JC

I bought my first Harley in 1977. Bought my first dresser (a 1988 Electra Glide Classic) in 88. I will always have a Harley or two. But I love to ride so from the Aprilia's to the Wing (rode the Wing 180 miles yesterday) to the Harley's it's all good to me. I'm thinking a Polaris RZR (unfortunately w/snow plow attachment for Maggie Valley) and or a 2wd Ural would fit in my future. But then again an older Buell would be fun. I have had three of those and one more wouldn't hurt.
A man can never have too many bikes.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

Amen to that  :2vrolijk_21:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 03:21:29 PM »

with the extra money the Indian costs, if spent correctly on the HD it would be the better buy in my mind    :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

mark

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 06:32:53 PM »

It's ashamed looks didn't factor into their choices...I would have deducted 25 pts on the Indian.

RAINEY

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• Apex Oil lab
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 09:02:56 PM »

It's ashamed looks didn't factor into their choices...I would have deducted 25 pts on the Indian.

Agreed  8)
2015 CVO Limited

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 03:59:07 PM »

its kinda like making love to an ugly girl. Might be fun to do but you don't want any of your friends to see you doing it :bananarock:

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 10:38:28 PM »

its kinda like making love to an ugly girl. Might be fun to do but you don't want any of your friends to see you doing it :bananarock:

LOL
VANAMAL...coming out of the closet???

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 09:15:59 AM »

The HD is the only one I could stand to look at. Some of those lowers are fugly.

ultrarider123

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 09:18:16 AM »

I'll say it again.....coming from somebody that's rode Harleys since 1970 and the touring models since 1989, the touring Harleys of today are much more reliable, trouble free and comfortable than they were in my earlier years (and I thought my 89 Ultra Classic was quite comfortable).   :2vrolijk_21:

I'll second that vote for the '89 EG, JC.  My '89 was not only very comfortable, it was (and still is) the best handling EG/Ultra I have ever owned.  It handled the curves better than anything that big then and since.  Black with red pinstripes...called it the batmobile.  Sure do miss that bike..... :'(

As for the article, I liked it.  Pluses and short comings of each model mentioned, good meat to the subject matter.  Aside from the throwback looks, I like the Indian.  Yes, I actually just wrote "aside from the throwback looks" and was laughing as I wrote it...as we all ride HD's that haven't changed the basic looks/layout of anything the MoCo has offered for years/decades and we don't seem to mind... :nixweiss:
Anyway, I've sat on one of the new Roadmaster scooters at our new, local Indian dealer here in Knoxville.  I would like to take a test ride just for my information but the feel of the bike is very nice.  Seat is HUGE for rider/passenger and the handlebars fit (me anyway).  I'm not changing brands, just like to get the seat of the pants feel to all things two wheeled.  Joked with the sales manager about the $1,000 HD trade in offer.  If I took that offer, they would have to throw in another $7,000 so I could change out all my HD clothes to Indian branded items.... ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:29:09 AM by Haird »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.