Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: why would they have to close?  (Read 8981 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: why would they have to close?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 09:47:50 AM »

Its is indeed an interesting read but I need to disagree with one point. Being a 1% 40 years ago I think I can speak on the subject. If your friend is a 1% in the club you mentioned hes not a good man. Why because they don't stand for anything good. They are bullies and break the law along with a laundry list of bad things they do.They make it difficult for me and my friends to put good cuts on and ride. Its guilt by assiociation. yep heard that I just want to be cool and hang out with the bros and ride. I really wish these guys would become good guys and do something positive with there lives. God loves them and I'm trying.

BigLew

Have to agree completely. Wore a 1% patch for a year or so in the early 70's. Looking back, I honestly say.....I never met one that was 100% law abiding, would rather kill another clubs member than ride with him. You ARE who you associate with.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 10:12:44 PM »

I wouldn't be associated with ANY organization/group that associates itself with OMGs.  You're judged by the company you keep.  If one wants to hang out with OMGs, then expect to be treated as such.

Well you may not quite understand how it works if you want your non-criminal MC to be able to wear a 3 piece patch.  The dominate club in the state, gives you permission to wear it or not.  Most all the time the Dominate MC in a State is a 1% club.  Most all these states also have a Confederation of Clubs, or COC.  All 3-piece patch clubs are required to send a few representatives to the monthly CoC.  Most 3-piece patch clubs are law abiding, most never have issues with the Dominate club if they play by the rules.

There are a very few exceptions to 3-piece patch clubs not having to attend the monthly CoC, for example the Blue Knights and other LEO MC, or firefighting MC's.

Also you will notice most 3-piece patch clubs do not have a State name for bottom rocker.  This is because the dominate MC, usually 1% claims the state and prohibits other 3-piece patch MC's to wear the state.

This is why HOG for example does not use 3-piece patch.

I only lightly touched on it.

I know lots of 3-piece patch holders, they are law abiding Men, with families, good jobs and no criminal record.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 10:25:27 AM »

Sorry.  Sounds like a pack of dogs sniffing the dominant one's ass.

I ride because I'm free. I'll be damned if I'd ever subjugate myself to a government that required that kind of obedience let alone a "club" for my hobby.

And yeah, I know all the rules and how to conduct myself so I don't get stuffed into a drain or dumpster because I peed in someone's MC Cornflakes.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 07:01:56 PM »

:-\
"Well you may not quite understand how it works if you want your non-criminal MC to be able to wear a 3 piece patch.  The dominate club in the state, gives you permission to wear it or not. "

Dave,  there are a lot of older riders out there now.......in their mid 40's and older that rode very little in earlier life or not at all.   Now they have the time and/or money and decide to ride and get a Harley.   Next thing ya know,  a few of them just might decide they really enjoy each others company and riding together and they decide to start their own little "private" club.  Knowing that it is "typical" to hang patches on the back of leather vests,  they come up with their own "logo" and by God ...........what State they represent across the bottom. :oops:

So,   all of a sudden they might be subject to some 1%ers b.sh**.................I can just see such a scenario as that happening.   Joe Blow rider and his buddies owe (NO ALLEGIANCE/RESPECT) to some other bunch of riders they aren't even aware of or have no clue. :nixweiss:   

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 07:25:05 PM »

1%ers or not, doesn't make a difference no one in this country should be jailed without evidence and then be held with a trumped up bail. Some of the media is starting to pick up on the, "Facts are not adding up" side to this.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »

1%ers or not, doesn't make a difference no one in this country should be jailed without evidence and then be held with a trumped up bail. Some of the media is starting to pick up on the, "Facts are not adding up" side to this.

I could not possibly agree more! The whole thing stinks to high heaven. Imagine the reaction if they arrested everyone that was black in a resteraunt because a few black gang bangers got into a fight. Sounds crazy. Well why the hell does it sound OK if iuut is a bunch of white guys with motorcycles.

mark

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 08:34:47 PM »

I agree the mass arrest will not pass constitutional muster and many of those charged will be released.  As litigious as we are in the U.S., you had to know the ambulance chasers would emerge from the shadows.  However, when you go to an organization's gathering in which OMGs are allowed to attend, don't be surprised when thugs start acting like thugs.  Easy way to avoid arrest - be wary of the company you keep.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 09:17:52 PM »

"Well you may not quite understand how it works if you want your non-criminal MC to be able to wear a 3 piece patch.  The dominate club in the state, gives you permission to wear it or not. "

Dave,  there are a lot of older riders out there now.......in their mid 40's and older that rode very little in earlier life or not at all.   Now they have the time and/or money and decide to ride and get a Harley.   Next thing ya know,  a few of them just might decide they really enjoy each others company and riding together and they decide to start their own little "private" club.  Knowing that it is "typical" to hang patches on the back of leather vests,  they come up with their own "logo" and by God ...........what State they represent across the bottom. :oops:

So,   all of a sudden they might be subject to some 1%ers b.sh**.................I can just see such a scenario as that happening.   Joe Blow rider and his buddies owe (NO ALLEGIANCE/RESPECT) to some other bunch of riders they aren't even aware of or have no clue. :nixweiss:

The above does happen.  Usually the group of guys are informed by a local, non 1% MC in a very nice way that it is not recommend they were a 3 piece patch with the bottom rocker the state.  They explain very politely it could draw unwanted attention from the Dominate 1% MC.  This is usually all it takes, as the people you describe are educated family men who do not want any trouble, just a good time.

Also a one piece patch with a state on the bottom does not usually draw any attention, look at the motor maids, a two piece patch with the state, they have no issues.

It's when you try to be a 3 piece patch MC you have to be careful how you do it.

Most 1%ers do not want to draw attention to them selfs, so the non- 1% MC's do the policing on the rules, unless a start up MC just refuses to comply.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 09:26:15 AM »

The above does happen.  Usually the group of guys are informed by a local, non 1% MC in a very nice way that it is not recommend they were a 3 piece patch with the bottom rocker the state.  They explain very politely it could draw unwanted attention from the Dominate 1% MC.  This is usually all it takes, as the people you describe are educated family men who do not want any trouble, just a good time.

Also a one piece patch with a state on the bottom does not usually draw any attention, look at the motor maids, a two piece patch with the state, they have no issues.

It's when you try to be a 3 piece patch MC you have to be careful how you do it.

Most 1%ers do not want to draw attention to them selfs, so the non- 1% MC's do the policing on the rules, unless a start up MC just refuses to comply.
Hmm.  So take away freedom of expression and replace it with intimidation and bullying.  Sounds like my days in catholic school.  That was real fricken unpleasant too.  ;D

Yeah, its good to know so you don't get hurt.  And I'm too high mileage to screw with that system, other than on a keyboard or amongst friends.  It may be the facts of life, but there is nothing about "brotherhood" that will ever make me think its anything but bad.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 06:07:15 PM »

I used to Hill Climb back in the mid 60s.  Met a (1%er type there that was the leader of his "group").  He'd back up to the log for the launch up the hill........Hold his breath for the start and then he would (bail out) when he ran out of breath or looped out before that. :P

Reasonbly nice guy and polite.  I got the impression at the time that many of those guys were half way decent.........one on one. :drink:  It's when several of them get together that they can cop an attitude and things can go South in a hurry.

:nixweiss:

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2015, 08:33:50 AM »

I have to say one thing also.  The rocker patch thing is coming up a lot here in Ohio recently around me.  I ride once and a while with several friends that belong to different 1% clubs. But can't ride with them at the same time because they are not aloud to.  There are some local guys that have their own little group and these 1% leader didn't approch them nicely.  Almost was a fight.  When drinking is involved there is no telling how things are going to happen. 

I belive in my opinion that drugs and guns are involved for some of the 1% to maintain this life style of riding all the time and and group first before family and work.   Because it's a quick way to make money and your brothers have your back.  The leaders and the higher up guys reap the rewards while the lowere level guys which may not have no record yet.  Take the rap for some of crimes.  Get light sentences.  When they get out they move up the chain.  Recruit new members to cover their butts later on.  That's how I see it.  I may be totally wrong.   

Don't think any of these clubs are AMA sanctioned any way. 

Todd.
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »

It may be the facts of life, but there is nothing about "brotherhood" that will ever make me think its anything but bad.

Back in the day was I was skinny and had lots of hair I was in the mason's union. They had a saying, 'Brothers in the Hall, F____ you on the wall... Sometimes brotherhood leaves much desired - LOL.

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »

I wouldn't think that too many 1% clubs would be all that interested in having Law Enforcement Officers within the rank and file. But as you said interesting read.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.