Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Indian Motorcycle Announces 2016 Models  (Read 15057 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Re: Indian Motorcycle Announces 2016 Models
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2015, 03:55:28 PM »

This one is popular everywhere we go. It has a habit of making Harley's invisible.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:57:02 PM by Dr.D »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2015, 07:49:24 PM »

This one is popular everywhere we go. It has a habit of making Harley's invisible.
very nice!   :2vrolijk_21: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »

My wife just bought a new scout and currently leaves all the other bikes in the garage including her FXRC.  She is looking to sell her 06 CVO Fat Boy to get a Chief.  I can only say, ride one before you make final judgment.  We currently own 6 Harleys, a F6B Honda and a Buell, but I will never buy another new Harley.  If I was to need or want another new bike, I would go straight to the Indian Dealer.  They are a step up from from what Harley is currently making.  I love my Harleys but I am tired of being R and D for the motor company.  I have dealt with the issue of the 1979 Low Rider with a die cast primary that cracked, a 1980 Sturgis that the front and rear belts caused major problems, the 1983 1/2 Softail with the sticking valve guide seals and the remote oil filter hooked up backwards, etc. I have yet to but a new Harley that did not cause me grief.  You would think I would have learned by now.  It is nice to have something else to consider when buying a V-Twin cruiser.  Keep the rubber side down and enjoy whatever you ride regardless of brand.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »

A long time riding buddy bought a new Indian last summer and loves it so far except a small problem in Sturgis right now. Before he left he showed me his "Oil Change Kit". Oil and filter in a fancy box right at $100. and he had to have it shipped to him as the nearest dealer is several hours from him. Funny he wears an Indian shirt now and hat. ;D

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »

The Indian look is not for me.  I think I would get tired of the retro (or as Indian riders call it, "classic look").  The monster piece of chrome on the fairing and the integrated running lamps just don't do it for me.
Now, the Victory's....... that's a different story.  The Cross Country is a sweet looking scooter.  I have a great friend that is rebuilding a old 4wd truck in his garage and wanted to get his scooter out of the way during his rebuild, so he brought it to me a couple of weeks ago & told me to ride it all I want.  This 2010 Cross Country is a pretty sweet ride... good looks (IMO) and great power. 
I've been researching Victory.... and guess what??  Very few mechanical problems.  Seems pretty appealing to me.
I've got some thinking to do, regarding my next scooter purchase (which will probably happen before the end of 2015)   :bandana:

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2015, 01:56:16 PM »

The Indian look is not for me.  I think I would get tired of the retro (or as Indian riders call it, "classic look").  The monster piece of chrome on the fairing and the integrated running lamps just don't do it for me.
Now, the Victory's....... that's a different story.  The Cross Country is a sweet looking scooter.  I have a great friend that is rebuilding a old 4wd truck in his garage and wanted to get his scooter out of the way during his rebuild, so he brought it to me a couple of weeks ago & told me to ride it all I want.  This 2010 Cross Country is a pretty sweet ride... good looks (IMO) and great power. 
I've been researching Victory.... and guess what??  Very few mechanical problems.  Seems pretty appealing to me.
I've got some thinking to do, regarding my next scooter purchase (which will probably happen before the end of 2015)   :bandana:
I too am looking at Victory, but for me it is about cost. My Harleys have been great bikes. I got six years out of my Heritage with no problems. I traded it on the 2014 CVO King which has been great so far, but the payments are killing me. I think for what I can afford I can get a nice leftover Cross Country, while the Harleys at the same price are Dynas, or used.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2015, 01:59:44 PM »

I sat on the Victory Cross Tour at the dealer the other day and it was a large roomy bike very comfortable for a man over six feet tall. It just feels big. I think victory and Indian are polar opposites one being retro and the other futuristic.

We'll see just how exciting the new models from Harley are this year.??????

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2015, 02:23:39 PM »

My friend has a Cross Country and got a rock in his belt. Said best part was only took half hour to replace.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.