Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cop caught pepper spraying bikers taken off the street, faces investigation  (Read 8866 times)

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE

BTW

Has anyone heard the outcome concerning the guy that got beat-up in NYC for running over the biker during one of these rides?

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout

If you have ever been caught up in one of these sport bike rally rides.....it is dam scary!

You are fearful for the kids on their bikes....as well as for yourself.....it's like a riot on wheels.

Why the Officer just didn't wait for the traffic to clear.....would have been the best move.  There is no way one officer could control this situation......many have tried and it mostly ends bad for everyone.

Ironically I have seen at least a dozen 1%'er group rides .... and they all ride tight and 5 MPH below the speed limit......and once I saw an officer put his lights on to pull over the last few of the group for what I assume was for rolling through the yellow/red light.....and the whole group pulled over in an orderly and safe matter. 

One thing is for sure....pepper spraying passing motorcycles is not the answer.

Agree. And many other Clubs ride the same way, including the non-1%ers.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One

As always, there seems to be more than one side of the story.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016/03/fort-worth-officers-report-tells-his-side-of-story-about-pepper-spraying-bikers.html/

http://www.fox4news.com/news/114510587-story

This is precisely why I don't ride with groups anymore.  Even the most conservative folks have the ability to be caught up in mob mentality when riding.  And if you are a showboat to begin with, things can get out of control very quickly.

Personally, I would like to thank these a$$holes for reinforcing the public's negative stereotypes about bikers. //sarcasm//

Every time some biker is seen lane-splitting (at speed) and weaving, rolling lights, etc.  is just one more reason people tend to disrespect 2 wheel riders.

Just my 2c.

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam

If you have ever been caught up in one of these sport bike rally rides.....it is dam scary!

You are fearful for the kids on their bikes....as well as for yourself.....it's like a riot on wheels.

Why the Officer just didn't wait for the traffic to clear.....would have been the best move.  There is no way one officer could control this situation......many have tried and it mostly ends bad for everyone.

Ironically I have seen at least a dozen 1%'er group rides .... and they all ride tight and 5 MPH below the speed limit......and once I saw an officer put his lights on to pull over the last few of the group for what I assume was for rolling through the yellow/red light.....and the whole group pulled over in an orderly and safe matter. 

One thing is for sure....pepper spraying passing motorcycles is not the answer.

I agree on the Sport bikes and it being scary when they are a pack riding like that.

As of 1% clubs, I have had the Bandito's out in WY and MT go by my wife and I very tight, handle bar to handle bar and a second between bikes, we were doing 80mph and they pass us like we were parked.  Coming home from Daytona this year four of use running 10 over on I-95 we were passed by 24 bikes, handle bar to handle bar, all PA tags.  Pretty sure it was the Mongols we saw the day before in Pub 44 the number matched, and the tags matched the patches.  They were not flying colors, once they passed us, we speed up, they were running 90~95 depending on traffic.

Thing about both these clubs, they were not endangering anyone, they were not scaring cars or other bikes.

The club I ride with, we ride side by side.  We tend to run 5 over, or with the flow of traffic. 

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:04:00 PM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Smellymo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE White Amethyst/Black Licorice Flames

He was "scared".  :'(
Screw it, let's ride.

Touring83

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

What's there to "investigate?"  Damn.

He'll probably claim he wasn't hugged enough. Or some other SOB story that our sensitive millennial generation will eat up. He will write a book, bank off of it, and be deemed a hero. Anymore.......it wouldn't surprise me  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.