Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Person Shot on I-4 after Daytona 500  (Read 1794 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Person Shot on I-4 after Daytona 500
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 03:01:33 PM »

The helicopters were hovering over our home, and we had no idea why ...  this is what the news says happened...

What a senseless loss of life.  The total lack of value for life is proof to me that there should be some kind of test before folks are allowed to buy hand guns and carry them.  I understand how frustrations rise when you are parked with thousands of others on the hiway for hours. I worked in DC for a long time and 4-6 hour commutes were unfortuneately not rare enough.  But to get so riled up that one would shoot someone is just insane. 

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 04:46:10 PM »

The helicopters were hovering over our home, and we had no idea why ...  this is what the news says happened.

If it had been the other way around, it would have been Headlined "Hate Crime on I-4."  :nixweiss: Later--HUBBARD 

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »

What a senseless loss of life.  The total lack of value for life is proof to me that there should be some kind of test before folks are allowed to buy hand guns and carry them.  I understand how frustrations rise when you are parked with thousands of others on the hiway for hours. I worked in DC for a long time and 4-6 hour commutes were unfortuneately not rare enough.  But to get so riled up that one would shoot someone is just insane. 

After looking at the news photo's of those 3 I doubt "buying" the handgun in question was part of the equation.  All too often, the punks committing these types of crimes are certainly not the one's that would be taking any "test" or applying for a permit, especially with the criminal sheet reported.  Only way to prevent this waste of life is being aware of the situation, having the means available to whack all three and save at least one round for the girlfriend.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:20:25 PM »

After looking at the news photo's of those 3 I doubt "buying" the handgun in question was part of the equation.  All too often, the punks committing these types of crimes are certainly not the one's that would be taking any "test" or applying for a permit, especially with the criminal sheet reported.  Only way to prevent this waste of life is being aware of the situation, having the means available to whack all three and save at least one round for the girlfriend.

That's exactly what I was fixin' to say!  Great Minds think alike.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 03:04:54 AM »

Now, that had me rolling -  :laugh4: :laugh4: :ROFLOL:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 09:23:29 AM »

Off Topic I know, but very appropriate...

How do you tell the difference between democrats, republicans and Southerners?

Pose the following question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Democrats Answer:

* Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!

* Does the man look poor or oppressed?

* Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

* Could we run away?

* What does my wife think? What about the kids?

* Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?

* What does the law say about this situation?

* Does the Glock have an appropriate safety built into it?

* Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?

* Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?

* Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

*If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?

* Should I call 9-1-1?

* Why is this street so deserted?

* We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

* This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Republicans Answer:

BANG!

Southerner's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click... (Sounds of reloading.)

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do You kids think?"

Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it, too." BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.
Daughter: "Nice group, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

Chief

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 10:39:47 AM »

Best thing to do is stay in the damn car and let it go...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 11:04:21 AM »

That's what the other 1,000 people around them did.  Too bad they didn't get the same treatment the kid in the mall in Utah got,  :oops: big surprise, off duty officer with service revolver shopping........and that's the rest of the story.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 11:37:21 AM »

All I'm saying is that the guy would probably still be alive and home with his family if he had just stayed in his car...kicking some punks a$$ is not worth getting dead, no matter how much they might deserve it, and getting into a firefight on the side of the interstate is not something most motorists are going to jump into the middle of and help out....it's over before most even know what's going on.

The whole thing is sad for the man and his family...I hope the young punk fries, so don't get me wrong, but he won't.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »

TC,
  It probably is the best thing to do, if you go around not healed, but I personally, could not let it go.  And, yes, maybe I would end up like the other guy, but I doubt it.  The way for evil to prevail, is for Good Men to do nothing.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »

The way for evil to prevail, is for Good Men to do nothing. 

AMEN !!!

Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 21 queries.