Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Are You part of the 67% of Americans Who???  (Read 9060 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Are You part of the 67% of Americans Who???
« on: October 13, 2007, 01:21:20 AM »

"The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true given the source, right?

The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the president. In essence 2/3s of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change.

So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, ''What we are so unhappy about?''

Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter? Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job? Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?

Maybe it is the ability to drive from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state? Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter? I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames thus saving you, your family and your belongings. Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes , an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you and your family against attack or loss. This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90 percent of teenagers own cell phones and computers.

How about the complete religious, social and political freedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world? Maybe that is what has 67 percent of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have , and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the president who took us into war and has no plan to ge t us out? The president who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same president who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The president that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks?

The commander in chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me? Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the good things and be glad?

Think about it......are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the "Media" told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.

Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go.

They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an ''other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable'' discharge after a few days in the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans? Say what you want but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds it leads and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts. How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells , and when criticized, try to defend their actions by "justifying" them in one way or another. Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did he would have done it this way......Insane!

Stop buying the negativism you are fed everyday by the media. Shut off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad.

We are among the most blessed peoples on Earth and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative."

"With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

Jay Leno

I received this in a email from my pastor and was surprised when I saw it was Jay leno who said it...are you? God Bless America!

JR :bananarock:

EGUC7

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
Re: Are You part of the 67% of Americans Who???
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 07:26:12 AM »

Snopes says it ain't Leno.  But, who cares, I agree with most of it!

Ride Safe.
Walt

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 09:11:06 AM »

JR,

Good post!  It's very easy to slip into a downward spiral of negativism when you are fed a constant diet of bad news, and we do need someone to remind us of the good things once in a while.

Now, having made my one positive statement of the day ::), let me also throw out another view.  I'm a firm believer in balance, and statements like the one in your post could be considered to be just as unbalanced as the ones in the various media.  The fact that the average American pretty much has it "made in the shade" compared to people in the rest of the world doesn't mean we should all just count our blessings and not expect better.  As a nation, we didn't get to our current enviable position by being satisfied with the status quo.  I personally believe that progress stops when people become satisfied.  And there is no guarantee that Americans will continue to enjoy the many advantages of being the world's largest economy and only superpower.  If history teaches us anything, it shows that no one group of people has ever remained "king of the hill" forever.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 10:41:28 PM »

Great post, GRC.  While it is nice to think about all the good things that we have, progress is not made by looking back at how good it is now.  We move forward only when we want what is on the other side of the fence -- greener grass.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 08:34:49 AM »

While I'm not a fan of W , I believe he is doing the best he can and I admire his tenacity .
The direction the country is going is not in his hands it is in ours, if you don't like it ..vote.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 08:44:49 AM »

Every day before an (Election year) This year has been going on since December 04. they start banging the drum slowly about how bad the economy is and how much better (they) are going to make it! If you happen to listen to all the BS they continue to BUY Votes buy telling everyone who will listen how much they are going to give them and just how much they don't have and will doing everything to get for them.

The only way they can help everyone is to do what they do best and that is redistribute YOUR WEALTH.

They except you NOT to Vote Surprise them and VOTE - that's why they have so much trouble counting them because they don't expect anyone but the folks who answer the polls (or make them up) to vote.

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 02:58:50 PM »

Americans have two enemies. The first sees what we have and wants to take it. The second sees what we have and thinks no one should have it, so they want to destroy us. Either way its up to us to defend ourselves! It has been said that we will not be destroyed from the outside, but destroyed from the inside. This seems to be happening NOW! The big question is " What are we going to do about it?" And yes, voting is part of the answer.
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

SE08RK

• Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 04:32:27 PM »

"The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true given the source, right?

The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the president. In essence 2/3s of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change.

Ok, now you probably should read Time Magazine to get the opposite slant...

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »

Ok, now you probably should read Time Magazine to get the opposite slant...

You do mean the opposite left slant one leans further left than the other --------- :2vrolijk_21:

charlie

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »

I for one don't believe any of the polls they all have there own agenda, and I sure don't believe we need another Clinton in office

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 05:34:14 PM »

I'll vote for H.R.C. when I see her in full leathers behind Biil doing 120 MPH down I-85 on a H-D with no helmit with a smile on her face! :2vrolijk_21:
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

SE08RK

• Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »

I for one don't believe any of the polls they all have there own agenda, and I sure don't believe we need another Clinton in office

Yea, that would mean that for 32 years, there will have been either a Clinton or a Bush in the White house! And for certain, we don't need her!!!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 07:32:12 PM »

Straight answer JR........... No  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D  Of that 67% of Americans, probably 30-40% don't speak English and  or are unemployed and or homeless, and or on welfare, and or, dont believe in the Lord, or all of the above. One thing for sure life is short, so enjoy it while  your here. Sorry if I insulted anyone, I just get tired of "WHINERS" all the time.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 08:11:17 PM »

From Fox news, arguably the most conservatively biased news on public television:

Only 69 percent of Republicans voiced approval of Bush, about where he has been in recent months but still an anemic showing for a president within his own party. That included only 29 percent from the GOP who said they strongly approve of the job he is doing.
For the full article:  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299497,00.html

I don't think they polled a lot of people on welfare, immigrants, or atheists...of course, I could be mistaken, but doubt that EVERY poll puts his numbers at or near this level is wrong.  Margin of error in most well done polls is 3%, so even if you are a supporter, the numbers are still really, really bad.   If I'm not mistaken, only Truman was lower in his approval rating, historically.

Here's a comprehensive sample of ALL polls, FYI...

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 08:13:47 PM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »

I don't care, I'm still not voting for Hillary Clintoris!  :P
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 11:08:59 AM »

Do I think George W. is the right man? Of course I do, who else could take us into the Apocalypse better?

(Heard that from a comic, late night on Comedy channel  :2vrolijk_21: )
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 11:57:56 AM »

I don't care, I'm still not voting for Hillary Clintoris!  :P

Only quoting the post above for illustration.  Not to point out the individual in any way.  It is the common sentiment of who "I'm not going to vote for" that is my pet peeve.

It is easy to pick someone with as much history and as high a set of negatives as her history brings with her and say "I'm not voting for X."  I'm not voting for McGovern because he's soft on the war.  I'm not voting for Nixon because he's for the war.  I'm not voting for Ford because he pardoned Nixon.  I'm not voting for Carter because of....   Well, you get the idea.

Folks, that kind of simple (yeah, simple) lack of full reasoning and knee jerk response makes you meat for the type of people that operate campaigns.  They rarely write or promote to truly inform.  They write or perform to deny an opinion.  Your opinion. 

Sure, that's the easy, lazier and less meaningful way to mount a campaign message.  But if that's all you make them do it's your fault and not their fault.

"I'm not going to vote for X" is also irrelevant to anyone but you.  It does nothing to convince anyone who is worthy of a vote.  And that's what really matters.  So, if you want to be a teenager in cheerleader's garb on the sideline doing "sis, boom, bahs" against the other team just because they are the other team then continue bopping around like ditzy little girls in costume saying only how bad the other players are.

If, instead, your goal is entering the field to be an informed member of the electorate for everyone's good (including your own) work on it a little differently.  The goal should be concern and interest in who the next person in office will be (and why).  If that is in place than who won't be in office and "why I hate Hillary in 99 words I less" becomes secondary. 

As someone who has worked around a few campaigns I can tell you that an audience that only wants to hate the other guy, and doesn't care why your guy is better, is an easy audience.  A target rich environment that you don't have to work for at all.  Whomever your particlar bastard is make the bastard work for you.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »

Could not agree more, Don.

Knee jerk reactions to people just because of who they are and not because of what they are REALLY saying/not saying, just pisses me off.  We face some REALLY serious chit in this country for the next several years, and need to consider carefully who we choose to place in charge of things.  There is some bad stuff happening, both in this country and in other parts of the world.  We cannot do it alone, in spite of what some may think.  Try and sift through the rhetoric and get to the meat of who somebody really is, regardless of what the extremeists might say.  They are all flawed, just like each one of us. Try and keep an open mind (by the way, whatever happened to that concept?).  Choose carefully, as your children's future may very well depend on it.  There are NO simple solutions to the complex problems the world is facing, so beware those who offer them up, or regurgitate statements meant to appeal only to emotions and not rational thought.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:24:52 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »

The problem is that none of them represent my views (except maybe for some of the Libertarians, which will never win anything) AND they all SUCK!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »

Could not agree more, Don.

Knee jerk reactions to people just because of who they are and not because of what they are REALLY saying/not saying, just pisses me off.  We face some REALLY

I get to be more cynical than that Terry.  One part of me isn't bothered by simple knee jerk reactions at all.  If I'm writing for someone speaking before a canned audience all of whom are supporters I only have to make the candidate be intelligent and thoughtful enough to effectively say, "Give me a D, Give me an I, Give me a C....   until D I C K H E A D is spelled out talking about the other guy.  And the crowd goes wild and summarily wets itself.

If it's an open audience, however, the guy actually has to be smart.  It's easier writing to the crowd that wets itself.  I personally prefer to be part of the other crowd though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »

The problem is that none of them represent my views (except maybe for some of the Libertarians, which will never win anything) AND they all SUCK!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

That's too lazy Howie.  So what if they all suck?  Some will suck in worse ways than others or in areas more important than others. 

Pick the areas of the job being run for that to you are most important.  Then do the legwork to find the guy that sucks least in those areas.

That kind of process is a big part of my presidential choice.  I know, for example, that the Congress exercises significantly greater control over the domestic agenda.  The White House significantly more control over international and security agendas. 

That being so in times of peace and lack of significant foreign threat I'll look for a presidential candidate with good ties to the Hill, that will likely bring staff that knows how to work with the Hill, etc etc etc.  In times of foreign threat, however, I'll pay attention to different backgrounds of the likely staff, what the candidate is likely to do internationally and how he'll work with (or not, depending on which might be necessary) foreign capitals. 

That's all too broad to be more than simply illustrative.  Much more to consider of course.  But just saying they all suck doesn't cut it.  Unless you're using that as an excuse not to vote at all.  And if you don't for them or against it you've forfeited the right to bitch about them without being a hypocrite.

All 110s (for purposes of illustration and not reality) may suck too.  That does not mean you haven't looked hard, researched more, studied diligently and taken the advice of those you believed to be even more well informed then yourself to pick the parts of the 110 worth using to make the best choice you could.  The choice of President of the United States is worth as much intellectual effort on our parts as is a bike motor.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 12:40:13 PM »

That's too lazy Howie.  So what if they all suck?  Some will suck in worse ways than others or in areas more important than others. 

Pick the areas of the job being run for that to you are most important.  Then do the legwork to find the guy that sucks least in those areas.

That kind of process is a big part of my presidential choice.  I know, for example, that the Congress exercises significantly greater control over the domestic agenda.  The White House significantly more control over international and security agendas. 

That being so in times of peace and lack of significant foreign threat I'll look for a presidential candidate with good ties to the Hill, that will likely bring staff that knows how to work with the Hill, etc etc etc.  In times of foreign threat, however, I'll pay attention to different backgrounds of the likely staff, what the candidate is likely to do internationally and how he'll work with (or not, depending on which might be necessary) foreign capitals. 

That's all too broad to be more than simply illustrative.  Much more to consider of course.  But just saying they all suck doesn't cut it.  Unless you're using that as an excuse not to vote at all.  And if you don't for them or against it you've forfeited the right to bitch about them without being a hypocrite.

All 110s (for purposes of illustration and not reality) may suck too.  That does not mean you haven't looked hard, researched more, studied diligently and taken the advice of those you believed to be even more well informed then yourself to pick the parts of the 110 worth using to make the best choice you could.  The choice of President of the United States is worth as much intellectual effort on our parts as is a bike motor.

Yeap, but I've only told you what I've come up with over the years. After researching info on the list of available candidates each election, only one party usually aligns with my beliefs and ideals. That party unfortunately never gets elected to anything. I wish more people did as you said. I think you'd see more Libertarians in office then. But the major elections always go to the parties with the big bucks (R or D) and many times, they run the same person under other parties as well. Politics have become such a huge business, that a little guy with great ideas can't play anymore, unless he aligns himself with one of these 2 parties. He'd then be required to "toe the party line" to become a candidate. The system has become a scam. If no one represents your views, what are you really voting for? You're not. You're voting against someone else by voting for someone you don't agree with. Years of seeing this have resulted in my feeling that the system is made for the rich and big business, and that all politicians SUCK!

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 12:45:06 PM »

Elect Hoist for president! WWIII will begin 1 week after election.

Of course the same could be said about me.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »

Elect Hoist for president! WWIII will begin 1 week after election.

Of course the same could be said about me.

Yeah Baby, and there'd be an American Flag on every oil well within a week and gas would be under a buck/gal again! And I'd put Israel in charge of the whole damn Middle East just to piss them off! Go ahead, F with America again! Damn politicians! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 12:52:53 PM »

Years of seeing this have resulted in my feeling that the system is made for the rich and big business, and that all politicians SUCK!

Hoist! 8)

Howie, there is no doubt that the process is captured.  In ways large and subtle.  And the major actors/candidates are captured within it.

That doesn't mean that there still aren't differences between the options.  It might be sucks versus really sucks.  But it's still a difference.  Once in that particular office they can sometimes be a bit released from the capture they had to go through to get there too.

Few, for example, saw LBJ as a major force for civil rights legislation before he got in office.  He explained it himself by saying that being in office allows you to do some things you might not tell your friends about while you're trying to get in office.  Yet another reason to try to intuit from their past and their staffs where their inclinations rest.

It may not be, and often isn't, a good process.  That's partly the fault of those that throw the party.  It's also partly the fault of those of us who attend it; because we make them throw it no differently.

As a platform, for example, the Libertarians you like are both interesting and impressive in many ways.  Some of their candidates at various levels are impressive also.  Too many of their candidates, however, are nut jobs.  That could be changed if the interest was real rather than tertiary.

Suck or not, it is our process and our system.  And our choices.  It is far different now than it was 20 or 50 years ago.  The process of choice will continue to evolve.  How it does depends on the participation and interests of not just the elite but the choices made by the rest of us.  So, suck or not, it is our process.  I still like it better than everything else out there for a large Republic.  So I might as well saddle up and hit its road.  You don't really want to keep the bike in the garage just because there are potholes do you?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 12:57:35 PM »

Yeah Baby, and there'd be an American Flag on every oil well within a week and gas would be under a buck/gal again! And I'd put Israel in charge of the whole damn Middle East just to piss them off! Go ahead, F with America again! Damn politicians! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Ok pak, you snicker a bit as wind up like that.  But it's a way of making the choice. 

What are your goals?  Support for Israel.  There are some real differences in how Israel would be dealt with between Obama, Richardson, Clinton, Thompson, Rudy, et. al.  Differences that are in some ways subtle and some ways not.  But differences for sure.

Got to start somewhere.  That issue is as important as any to start working from.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 12:58:12 PM »

Howie, there is no doubt that the process is captured.  In ways large and subtle.  And the major actors/candidates are captured within it.

That doesn't mean that there still aren't differences between the options.  It might be sucks versus really sucks.  But it's still a difference.  Once in that particular office they can sometimes be a bit released from the capture they had to go through to get there too.

Few, for example, saw LBJ as a major force for civil rights legislation before he got in office.  He explained it himself by saying that being in office allows you to do some things you might not tell your friends about while you're trying to get in office.  Yet another reason to try to intuit from their past and their staffs where their inclinations rest.

It may not be, and often isn't, a good process.  That's partly the fault of those that throw the party.  It's also partly the fault of those of us who attend it; because we make them throw it no differently.

As a platform, for example, the Libertarians you like are both interesting and impressive in many ways.  Some of their candidates at various levels are impressive also.  Too many of their candidates, however, are nut jobs.  That could be changed if the interest was real rather than tertiary.

Suck or not, it is our process and our system.  And our choices.  It is far different now than it was 20 or 50 years ago.  The process of choice will continue to evolve.  How it does depends on the participation and interests of not just the elite but the choices made by the rest of us.  So, suck or not, it is our process.  I still like it better than everything else out there for a large Republic.  So I might as well saddle up and hit its road.  You don't really want to keep the bike in the garage just because there are potholes do you?

Prolly why I like them! ;D

And you got that right, even though it seems we never get who we want. It's still the greatest country in the world, and the system is still better than anything else out there.

Now just vote for me and this place will get even better! :o ::) :P :D

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 01:06:06 PM »

Prolly why I like them! ;D

And you got that right, even though it seems we never get who we want. It's still the greatest country in the world, and the system is still better than anything else out there.

Now just vote for me and this place will get even better! :o ::) :P :D

Hoist! 8)

Done deal. But if you get the job I want to be Chief of Staff.  No freaking confirmation hearings for me, dammit!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »

Done deal. But if you get the job I want to be Chief of Staff.  No freaking confirmation hearings for me, dammit!

No problem Don! That's a done deal! Howieland gets better than that! Motorcycle only highways with no speed limits (all the best roads of course) for starters! Oh boy, don't get me going here. This could get ugly! :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 01:17:26 PM »

No problem Don! That's a done deal! Howieland gets better than that! Motorcycle only highways with no speed limits (all the best roads of course) for starters! Oh boy, don't get me going here. This could get ugly! :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)

And off ramps that are real ramps!!!

Very first order of business though.  I get to resubmit a bill whose language has never come out of committee before.  No bras on BSRs (except in cases of gravitational requirement) when riding on any Federally funded or supported highway!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »

And off ramps that are real ramps!!!

Very first order of business though.  I get to resubmit a bill whose language has never come out of committee before.  No bras on BSRs (except in cases of gravitational requirement) when riding on any Federally funded or supported highway!

I see you're right with the program Don! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »

I see you're right with the program Don! ;)

Hoist! 8)

You know what happens next though.  Writing the party platform :bananarock: .   

Ideas anyone?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 01:23:45 PM »

You know what happens next though.  Writing the party platform :bananarock: .   

Ideas anyone?

I say we recruit iski! That man always has a way with words! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »

This Obama guy.........isn't he the one who refuses to place his hand over his heart during the National Anthem because he believes it isn't an act of true Patriotism?  Isn't he the one who refuses to wear an American Flag pin on the lapel of his jacket for the same reason?

If you were an American Servicemember, would you want him as your Commander in Chief?  Think about it.  Your unit has just returned from combat duty......in which you've served, fought, bled, and mourned the loss of your fellow Servicemembers...........and (hypothetical) POTUS Obama comes to your installation to welcome you home.  The National Anthem plays.  Your unit Commander brings your unit to "Attention" and commands "Present Arms."

You salute with PRIDE!!!

And the (hypothetical) POTUS just stands there........with his hands at his sides.

THAT...........would chap my ass!!!!!

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 01:27:03 PM »

I'm politically correct.  I don't have an opinion.  :carrot:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 01:28:39 PM »

I say we recruit iski! That man always has a way with words! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Y'know, instead of just creating a party and writing a platform to ride around the current system with we could just secede.  Create our own virtual (more or less) country!

A long time ago I seceded.  Wrote a constitution.  Send diplomatic requests to a bunch of foreign countries asking for recognition for The Federal Republic of Don.  So that name is already taken.

But I'm thinking secession is a real option here.  We just need a good name for our country to get it started.

Harriet...    No, that sucks for a biker states name.  C'mon, what can we call this great land.  Instead of writing a party platform we'll write our own damned Constitution :bananarock: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 01:30:13 PM »

I'm politically correct.  I don't have an opinion.  :carrot:

But do you want to secede? 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007, 01:34:02 PM »

Y'know, instead of just creating a party and writing a platform to ride around the current system with we could just secede.  Create our own virtual (more or less) country!

A long time ago I seceded.  Wrote a constitution.  Send diplomatic requests to a bunch of foreign countries asking for recognition for The Federal Republic of Don.  So that name is already taken.

But I'm thinking secession is a real option here.  We just need a good name for our country to get it started.

Harriet...    No, that sucks for a biker states name.  C'mon, what can we call this great land.  Instead of writing a party platform we'll write our own damned Constitution :bananarock: .

It already has a name, and I already live in it! Long Live Howieland!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2007, 01:38:21 PM »

It already has a name, and I already live in it! Long Live Howieland!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Howieland.    Hmmm, Howieland?   Sounds kind of, well, denuded to me :huepfenlol2: .

Anyway, you can't run a country that's named after you anymore.  That's all Third World and 49cc like.  We need a name that is definitely street legal and will echo across the big road.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007, 01:44:06 PM »

Howieland.    Hmmm, Howieland?   Sounds kind of, well, denuded to me :huepfenlol2: .

Anyway, you can't run a country that's named after you anymore.  That's all Third World and 49cc like.  We need a name that is definitely street legal and will echo across the big road.

I just figure since it already exits (in my mind anyway) that we'd leave it alone. And "Politically Correct" in Howieland? There's no such thing! And don't forget, we'll own the rest of the world anyway, so who cares! :nixweiss:

But if you want to give it a catchier name, feel free. After all, you're Chief of Staff! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2007, 01:44:48 PM »

The People's Riding Republic of Booger.

Nah, sounds socialist.  And gross.....

Wait, I got it!!!

Milwaukee!

nope, already taken, dammit.

Milridee.

No, sounds dumb.

Road?   The Road Rider's Republic of CVOHarley.COM .  Hmmm.....   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2007, 01:46:37 PM »

Screw it.   

Howieland.  Brianville.  Federal Republic of Don.  The Highly Taxed State of Pressman.  It's all the same anyway.  It's where we ride.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2007, 01:46:51 PM »

The People's Riding Republic of Booger.

Nah, sounds socialist.  And gross.....

Wait, I got it!!!

Milwaukee!

nope, already taken, dammit.

Milridee.

No, sounds dumb.

Road?   The Road Rider's Republic of CVOHarley.COM .  Hmmm.....   

How about F the W.....ty Land! ::) ;D

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2007, 01:48:51 PM »

How about F the W.....ty Land! ::) ;D

Hoist! 8)

The Facetious Republic of Harley Loves Us More Than Our Money.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2007, 01:50:49 PM »

But do you want to secede? 
If I said I did, that would be an opinion.  I can't have an opinion if I want to be PC!  -Who knows I may want to run for office some day.  I don't want to turn off any potential voters!   :confused5:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »

If I said I did, that would be an opinion.  I can't have an opinion if I want to be PC!  -Who knows I may want to run for office some day.  I don't want to turn off any potential voters!   :confused5:

Oh my Gawd!   He's ready to lead a major political party.  Or at least throw a party!   BYOB at Steve's house!

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »

Oh my Gawd!   He's ready to lead a major political party.  Or at least throw a party!   BYOB at Steve's house!
My new party will be called "the Wild Party"!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 01:56:15 PM »

We'll be there! We love Wild Parties!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »

Got his motor runnin', got his party started.  Steve's goin' to make it happen, Steve's going to bring the beer :bananarock: .

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2007, 01:57:51 PM »

Got his motor runnin', got his party started.  Steve's goin' to make it happen, Steve's going to bring the beer :bananarock: .
Not me!  Remember it's byOb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2007, 02:00:15 PM »

Remember, there beer's always free (and ice cold) in Howieland! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2007, 02:01:24 PM »

That was until you offered to start the Wild Party.  Now you're screwed.   :oops: :drink:

See, having an opinion on starting the party royally hosed you man.  You were right to begin with!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2007, 02:05:05 PM »

Ok, like all good Chiefs of Staff I'm taking the afternoon off.  Or at least going someplace where I might actually be productive (after eating Mexican food and drinking several of Steve's beers for lunch).

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »

Ok, like all good Chiefs of Staff I'm taking the afternoon off.  Or at least going someplace where I might actually be productive (after eating Mexican food and drinking several of Steve's beers for lunch).

Don't forget, we all have the afternoon off in Howieland! :D

We do have very strict immigration policies. 99.9% won't maske it in! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »

That was until you offered to start the Wild Party.  Now you're screwed.   :oops: :drink:

See, having an opinion on starting the party royally hosed you man.  You were right to begin with!
Maybe I'll just run for Vice President instead.  Like Joe Walsh said "if I was vice president you know what I'd do?  -Pretty much anything I wanted to.  Play golf all day with heads of state- if they brought beer wouldn't that be great?"
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do!  Too much work to start a new party, I'm just gonna run for vp.   :huepfenjump3:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2007, 02:09:17 PM »

Maybe I'll just run for Vice President instead.  Like Joe Walsh said "if I was vice president you know what I'd do?  -Pretty much anything I wanted to.  Play golf all day with heads of state- if they brought beer wouldn't that be great?"
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do!  Too much work to start a new party, I'm just gonna run for vp.   :huepfenjump3:

Cool.  But as Chief of Staff for the primary executive I have to warn you now that your staff will all have to be very profe...... um; they'll all have to be very very cute.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »

Cool.  But as Chief of Staff for the primary executive I have to warn you now that your staff will all have to be very profe...... um; they'll all have to be very very cute.

Well of COURSE Don, that's what we BSR's are for!! NNOOOOWWWW what position do I get?? (knowing that is THE wrong thing to say in this thread).  :huepfenlol2:
I like shiny stuff!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2007, 02:25:56 PM »

Well of COURSE Don, that's what we BSR's are for!! NNOOOOWWWW what position do I get?? (knowing that is THE wrong thing to say in this thread).  :huepfenlol2:

Oops, I better not answer that one one! Pick one from the Kama Sutra! ;D

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2007, 02:42:43 PM »

I'm even blushing...

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2007, 02:48:21 PM »

I vote for "The Free State of Fornication"

TTS Mastertune

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »

I'm even blushing...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no fer realies, can I be a princess???  :P
I like shiny stuff!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2007, 02:53:40 PM »

Terry, you get to determine policy too with that one! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2007, 02:54:55 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no fer realies, can I be a princess???  :P

Of course you can Princess JD! ;)

Oops, can't leave out Queen Binxie can we? :-* :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2007, 03:05:52 PM »

Of course you can Princess JD! ;)

Oops, can't leave out Queen Binxie can we? :-* :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

OOOHHHHH Binxie can be the Queen "B" (that's so much better than first lady!!)

Okay..it's official....Binxie is the Badass Beautiful BFF BSR Queen B!!! *does a fairy...I mean Cheri princess curtsey to the queen*  :huepfenlol2:

When we secede the colors WILL be black and Orange right??  :P
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2007, 03:08:06 PM »

JD...You are already a princess! Your life is like a dream now!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2007, 03:15:34 PM »

I don't think this place should be Howieland. if it was..I'd be 1/2 mile behind all the time...Plus...We'd have to get those bulletproof engines...and the worst part...the BBQ would suck.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2007, 03:18:57 PM »

I don't think this place should be Howieland. if it was..I'd be 1/2 mile behind all the time...Plus...We'd have to get those bulletproof engines...and the worst part...the BBQ would suck.

How's this? You get a Ken (I mean slow) lane too! We all have bullet proof engines automatically! And Ed's in charge of the Dept. of BBQ! :P ;D

Hoist! 8)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

JD...You are already a princess! Your life is like a dream now!

What?? Like Princess and the Pea kinda dream??

Someone SAVE me!!!    :P
I like shiny stuff!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »

What?? Like Princess and the Pea kinda dream??

Someone SAVE me!!!    :P

Well, go kiss a frog! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2007, 03:54:19 PM »

So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, ''What we are so unhappy about?''

The poor state of the economy. Will I still be swinging a hammer in my 70's or will I be able to retire? The outrageous increase in fuel costs, $3.31 a gallon for diesel, cut me break. Home heating oil costs have me looking at alternative heat sources. Will my children go to good colleges or end up swinging a hammer like Dad? I work my ass off, not only at work but rather chasing it as the undercutting and lack of spending has caught up to my area finally.

OK I'm done. ( I should have read the entire thread!)
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2007, 03:57:48 PM »

The poor state of the economy. Will I still be swinging a hammer in my 70's or will I be able to retire? The outrageous increase in fuel costs, $3.31 a gallon for diesel, cut me break. Home heating oil costs have me looking at alternative heat sources. Will my children go to good colleges or end up swinging a hammer like Dad? I work my ass off, not only at work but rather chasing it as the undercutting and lack of spending has caught up to my area finally.

OK I'm done. ( I should have read the entire thread!)

Sounds like your ready for Howieland, I mean The Free State of Fornication, Mike! ;) ;D

Hoist! 8)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2007, 04:02:17 PM »

Well, go kiss a frog! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Wouldn't Howieland be agin them damn frenchies pacifism too??

Altho I do like their fries and toast!! We gonna rename em to Howie fries and Howie toast???

Oh, and won't we need a state flower and animal and food?? I vote for GRITS, anyway!!
I like shiny stuff!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2007, 04:09:55 PM »

Sounds like your ready for Howieland, I mean The Free State of Fornication, Mike! ;) ;D

Hoist! 8)
Yes I am. :) :2vrolijk_21:

(I found our hardware in CHROME)
2023 CVO Road Glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »

Yes I am. :) :2vrolijk_21:

(I found our hardware in CHROME)

:smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2007, 07:19:21 PM »

Oops, I better not answer that one one! Pick one from the Kama Sutra! ;D

Hoist! 8)

No dingle fart.  That's the "Department of the Interior."

geez

And Decor doesn't have to worry about individual positions.  She can be the government's Minister for Leather (and whips and chains).  :whip:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2007, 07:20:32 PM »

Communist!!  Howieland will be a capitalist state.  Ok, maybe a little barter too...  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2007, 07:23:10 PM »

does a fairy...I mean Cheri princess curtsey to the queen*  :huepfenlol2:

:worthless: :worthless:

When we secede the colors WILL be black and Orange right??  :P

Black and Orange colors of State; with two toned red candy cherry bunting and flags with gold stripes. :2vrolijk_21:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2007, 07:37:25 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Howie I'm realy starting to like you. You are a true American Yankee.  :vrolijk_24:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »

I have been around the world first with the military for 20 years then as a contractor for the US Gov and if some of our citizens think they have it bad here they should see some of the places that I have seen, then they would be grateful for this country

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2007, 07:57:49 PM »

I for one don't question the Country and its offerings, the good old USA is the best in the world. It is the direction it is going and the way it is run that concerns me.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2007, 11:05:50 PM »

I for one don't question the Country and its offerings, the good old USA is the best in the world. It is the direction it is going and the way it is run that concerns me.

Amen, brother...most people on this blue oasis in space don't realize that we have the three basic neccesities in life taken care of (for the most part)...food, shelter, and clothing...so we have time to ponder other things...

TTS Mastertune

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »

Actually Howie found out that all parts of the 110" do suck.

As you say, I have certain issues that are my hot buttons and I'm not afraid to say that in order are Gun Control, Illegal immigration and the US Constitution as wriiten (which covers my first item anyway)
I'm tired of hearing about hate crimes.  Isn't all crime against a person a hate crime?
A male teacher having sex with a studend is charged with rape, a female teacher is charged with child abuse.
Liberals speak tolerance only when it is something they think is OK.
Too many hipocrits and double standards.

So far there isn't a candidate conservative enough for me.
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.405 seconds with 21 queries.