Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Couple suing Harley for no ABS  (Read 8893 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Couple suing Harley for no ABS
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »

How is the dealer negligent in selling the owner a bike?.... no one does door to door motorcycle sales!

AFAIK a potential customer walks in the door (or inquires on-line) and that opens the door for communication.

You sit on it, play touchy-feely with it, decide if you want it or not and make the best deal you can, with all the stuff you want and ride it home.... (or wait for paperwork to be done and prep)

You quoted my post.  So......your first question can be answered by your counselor (attorney of record) of which there are a number of them on this forum that will be happy to take your money to answer that question.

The rest of my post was in jest, poking fun at Greg for missing a detail in the article, since he's an attorney.  Just twisted humor but keep coming back. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 04:52:16 PM »

Agreed JC.  Never did personal injury and don't practice now.  This is not so much a case as a lottery.  With $millions at stake, the lawyer has not much to lose and a great deal to gain if he can sucker an ignorant jury into feeling sorry for the woman.  The boyfriend / rider is obviously 100% at fault.  Eager to see how it plays out...   :nixweiss:

BTW, there is no "presumption" the dealer said anything.  That was the testimony of the boyfriend.

Right, but then isn't most civil suits?

I know you no longer practice....was just funnin with you.  Hope you were chuckling along with me.

Knowing what society's general opinion and views of motorcycles and motorcyclists, I'm thinking the dealership and the MoCo are going to pay........to the woman.  The rider/owner not so much. :nixweiss:

Two days of closing arguments......I can't help but wonder how long the trial was.  Of course the jury is still out on this one but has me just a bit curious to.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »

So if my bike has a alarm icon thingy on the speedo and it didn't come with a alarm system installed, when it gets stolen...I get a new bike from the MoCo. This should be interesting  :vrolijk_11:  Doc

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »

I remember years ago some guy with and FLH got into an
accident, slid up the tank and lost his "personals".
He sued HD, because of the ignition switch took them out,
and he won!!!! From what I heard, he turned around and
bought another FLH! Go figure.

At least it can't happen again!

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »

At least it can't happen again!
Nope ... But that would make Him and the whole drama a B***H  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 10:45:37 PM »

I don't see how the defense attorney hopes to win by not winning the jury. Reading what was in the article I think would tend to turn people against him.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 12:02:26 AM »

I know common sense doesnt apply in a court of law.. but a court of law should not be a court of stupids.

The operator of a motorcycle is responsible for himself, as well as his passenger, not even considering being mindful of the idiot cagers who are engrosed in makeup, papers, electronic devices, etc....

Unless his sales documents indicate he bought a bike with ABS and he had a bike without, I hardly see the responsibility the dealer has beyond the sale.

With that, a Motorcyclist that rode a bike for 12,000 miles and never used the ABS prior?.... (And was using the REAR brake at time of the incident)

Sounds like an inexperienced rider without the basic riding skills... Locked up the rear by panicking and as a result, tossed his passenger into the pavement.

never mind.. thats common sense and skills of observation speaking.. noe of those apply in court.

And as for the guy who lost his equipment.... then went out ands bought the same bike?.... DUH :apple:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 12:10:51 AM »

I remember years ago some guy with and FLH got into an
accident, slid up the tank and lost his "personals".
He sued HD, because of the ignition switch took them out,
and he won!!!! From what I heard, he turned around and
bought another FLH! Go figure.

did he buy a Pink one   :huepfenjump3:

BBNITRO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 09:52:46 PM »

does anyone take the blame for there own actions anymore always someone elses fault and lets sue thats crap as far as im concerned does not have to say hot on the outside of coffee cup for me to know that its hot

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 10:14:57 PM »

does anyone take the blame for there own actions anymore always someone elses fault and lets sue thats crap as far as im concerned does not have to say hot on the outside of coffee cup for me to know that its hot

Nope......standard operating excuse....."it's always Gary's fault".   :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

99c5pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide - Citrus Orange!!
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 11:09:27 PM »

Damn attorneys contact these people and brain wash them that its their god given right to sue people or manufactures. I know people that have sued but only when an attorney contacted them and convinced them that they were somehow wronged.....
99c5pilot - 2012 CVO Street Glide - Citrus Orange
Castle Rock, Colorado & Wasilla, Alaska

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 11:57:13 PM »

This thread seems to have taken on a life of it's own. 

We don't have any facts other than what some newspaper writer penciled out in a couple of minutes to beat the presses.  Nobody set in the courtroom or in the jury box to hear the case yet nearly all the posts have arm chair tried the case, formed an opnion and handed down unsubstantiated claims.

How about letting the jury do their job?  Nawww......arm chair quarterbacking off a little newspaper article is much more entertaining. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 04:00:03 AM »

This thread seems to have taken on a life of it's own. 

We don't have any facts other than what some newspaper writer penciled out in a couple of minutes to beat the presses.  Nobody set in the courtroom or in the jury box to hear the case yet nearly all the posts have arm chair tried the case, formed an opnion and handed down unsubstantiated claims.

How about letting the jury do their job?  Nawww......arm chair quarterbacking off a little newspaper article is much more entertaining. :huepfenlol2:

Its more fun this way and ... you can be positive there are no experienced motorcyclists on the jury.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

hogasm

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 07:18:40 AM »

Lady spills hot coffee in her lap and sues McDonalds....coffee too hot

Man leaves seat of motorhome while driving down road to make a PPJ sandwich.....no warning sticker about leaving seat while underway

Woman sues gun shop owner after being shot for selling another woman, who was having an affair with first womans husband,.......

No wonder everything costs so much in the USA.....go to court in china.....end up missing :oops:

99c5pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide - Citrus Orange!!
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30:32 AM »

Great post Hogasm and I agree with you! Too many frivoulus lawsuits that we spend our money on that a jury has turned down. We don't see those but the ones you list here somehow made it through a jury.
99c5pilot - 2012 CVO Street Glide - Citrus Orange
Castle Rock, Colorado & Wasilla, Alaska
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.