Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Whats the loudest / best power exhaust? 2015 CVO Street Glide  (Read 20585 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Re: Whats the loudest / best power exhaust? 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 02:49:11 PM »

I end up riding lead most all of the time and not always to my liking but it just seems to work out that way. I hate to turn my radio up sometimes thinking it also is becoming noise. We have a couple that rides a GW and they ask to be tip front just so they can hear their music I always oblige.

To you and the OP why do you want to have VERY loud pipes?? I know why I might but want to hear your opinions. I do use my throttle hand as a horn sometimes near intersections or to get the attention of a driver that i suspect is distracted. I think giving the pipes is cursing sometimes. :D

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 03:11:35 PM »

I end up riding lead most all of the time and not always to my liking but it just seems to work out that way. I hate to turn my radio up sometimes thinking it also is becoming noise. We have a couple that rides a GW and they ask to be tip front just so they can hear their music I always oblige.

To you and the OP why do you want to have VERY loud pipes?? I know why I might but want to hear your opinions. I do use my throttle hand as a horn sometimes near intersections or to get the attention of a driver that i suspect is distracted. I think giving the pipes is cursing sometimes. :D

Just to clarify..my pipes are not straight pipe loud.....just a bit louder than most of the popular choices.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 03:55:39 PM »

Just to clarify..my pipes are not straight pipe loud.....just a bit louder than most of the popular choices.

That's all good I have no issues with any one's pipes. I am all about the freedom to choose. Something this country is slowly or not so slowly losing. What I find a little inconsistent and troubling is the bike with the loud pipes that sound like a bad mofo ready to out run all the weak and quiet bikes only to realize he has lost torque and power for the sake of sounding impressive??? I admit I like the impressive sound of the motor but…..?

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »

Rush wrath 2-1 with 3.50 baffle in their 4 " muffler is extremely loud
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:16:54 PM by timtoolman »

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 09:41:19 PM »

No cat and maybe some old Bartel's megaphones?

8)
HOGMIKE

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »

Keep in mind that most mufflers ( not 2-1 pipes)  that give you a very loud exhaust are going to cost you low end power. And please do not start with the CFR that work great and have zero loss of power. That is total BS.. IF you like the look and sound then great but I have tuned way too many of these CFR mufflers and they come at a cost above what you paid for them.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 09:23:29 PM »

Keep in mind that most mufflers ( not 2-1 pipes)  that give you a very loud exhaust are going to cost you low end power. And please do not start with the CFR that work great and have zero loss of power. That is total BS.. IF you like the look and sound then great but I have tuned way too many of these CFR mufflers and they come at a cost above what you paid for them.

You'd think for almost $700 for a pair of SLIP ONS you would get performance, sound, and looks? Geesh...  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 07:34:18 AM »

"I heard the vance & hines header pipes don't fit with the brake pedal on the 15's"

Not true. I have a V&H Propipe on my 2015 RGS. Brake pedal position are unchanged from the 2014. My 2014 CVO has a V&H head pipe, no interference.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

James D

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHTKSEANV - #267 of 1,200
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 09:50:37 PM »

So,
I wanted some louder pipes on my 2015 CVO Limited also....some pipes that don't sound like a high end lawn mower such as the stock CVO pipes ( I live in California.....).
I replaced the exhaust system with the Screaming' Eagle Hi-Flo exhaust with Street Cannons. 
This moves the catalytic converter back into the pipes, giving me two and almost twice the flow than the stock. a bit cooler, too, as the cats are now further behind me and one on each side.
Does it sound better? Yes. Like I wanted? Not really, but I did get better throttle response with the higher flow and remapping.
The pipes are a bit deeper than stock and not so loud I cannot listen to my music, but not as attention grabbing and the V&H system I was initially planning on.
Read up on the Street Cannons - many say they don't like the sound after about 2,500 miles. I good with it for now, after about 8k.

8)
Life's short....let's ride!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 11:11:47 PM »

Whether you ride in back or not, you just hurt the rest of us with noise. And a stock bike with any overly loud exhaust only puts out noise. Good sound comes from a correctly tuned engine with correct application cams and quality compression that creates that crisp GOOD sound not noise. Whoever told you a PC knows whether it is on a CVO or anything else was just wrong. Guy who programmed the PC, often referred on here to dyno tuning", is what makes the programmer or software program work acceptable. Hardly a day goes by that I don't feel it necessary for someone else making noise when someone complains or frowns as a bike.
IMHO we should be a little more aware of others.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »

I have to admit I have a Thunderheader on my old Wide Glide. Mrs. R bought it for me for my birthday years ago. Yes it's loud and she likes it. :nixweiss:

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 11:25:38 PM »

I feel that if you want both loud and power, the only choice is a 2-1. I like the Dragula 2 with the 2.55 baffle. I know the Bassani Road Rage is also loud, and makes great power.

I too missed the loudness of my Rineharts, which I had to give up because it likely wouldn't have played well with my 113 build. I put on my 2" Fullsac cored mufflers and took the screen/baffle material out and with the build I have, they are very close to the 4" Rinehart mufflers I had. So much so that I will finally part with my Rineharts and sell them, as I think I will be content with the Fullsacs.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 11:55:48 PM »

Agree with this statement. I have Freedom True Duals with CFR's and the sound is insane! It is not for everyone but sounds like this is exactly what you might be looking for...JMHO
IMO, nothing sounds better than the CFR's.
Alan
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 20 queries.