Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Cupholder for 2015 Limited  (Read 11258 times)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Cupholder for 2015 Limited
« on: July 12, 2015, 12:18:43 PM »

As I get physically and mentally ready for the 1650 mile trip to Sturgis and back I am realizing it is a good idea to have a cupholder to make sure there is the option for hydration while riding 500+ miles a day. The option for the limited is sort of limited because of all the things already attached to the handlebar. The best cupholder I had found was the kruzer kaddy which is attached to the clutch reservoir. But I am using the same mount point for the GoPro mount and I need to find a cupholder that I can mount to the left side of the handlebar itself.

I was wondering if any of you guys have found the right solution yet.

Thank you in advance.

Cam
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:21:36 PM by camcvo »

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

Re: Cupholder for 2015 Limited
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »

Check this guy's stuff. We had the front and rears on our '11 Road Glide Ultra, a pair of fronts is on my list for the CVO.
Nice quality fit good and look good, no complaints whatsoever, other than they're a touch spendy.
http://www.hogtrough.com/products/

The bottles that come with the Hogtrough holders are essentially freebies and that's about what they're worth.

We use these bottles from Bubba, 24oz, and if put in the fridge overnight will hold ice all day long.
http://www.shopbubba.com/shop-all/bottles/bubba-24-oz-hero-sport-bottle-active-blue/
2015 CVO Road Glide

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »

Great recommendation. Thank you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 08:38:54 PM »

My bike had the Kuryakyn cup holders for rider and passenger, when I bought it.

Not sure what may be different on a Limited handlebar vs. my Ultra Classic.  When I left Chip & Nancy's I told them "those are coming off as soon as I get this bike back to Calif."  By the time I got to Calif. there was no way they were coming off.  Due to the rubber fingers lining the inside at the top, they hold everything securely (even when hitting a speed bump at speed, unexpectedly at night) from a 12 oz. can to a water bottle, juice bottle, etc.

Mine is mounted to my brake side but they are universal to either side....

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/universal-drink-holder-mount-each-brakeclutch-perch-w-verical-spacing-1-116-to-1-12-inches-center-to-center/part/KY-1462

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/passenger-drink-holder-with-basket-right-side-harley-davidson-flhtcu-flhtk-flhtcutg-2014/part/KY-1692

Click this link and scroll down to the 5th picture to see them mounted....

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=99194.msg1326655#msg1326655
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 07:11:36 AM »

Thanks JCZ. The handlebar on my bike seems already too crowded with all the stuff put on it by Harley. I was also concerned about the cupholder hitting the gas tank when turning the handlebar. I will check into both options and pick one before hitting the road.

Cam

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:23 AM »

I got tired of so much stuff on my bars and began using the HD snap on bags for the saddle bag guards.  Its not as convienent as cup holders on the bar but works well for water bottle holder.  Its not insulated so does warm quicker than the insulated holders. They have right and left, rushmore or older guards. Just another option.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/left-saddlebag-guard-bag#tabs
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 10:24:05 AM »

I also use this except my wife found an insulated thermos type mug that has a flip up top and you suck on it like a straw. Keeps the water cold for about 4 hours of highway cruising and snugly fits into the HD leather guard bag.

I can easily reach back and pull it out of the water bottle pouch and put it back in. So can she

I got tired of so much stuff on my bars and began using the HD snap on bags for the saddle bag guards.  Its not as convienent as cup holders on the bar but works well for water bottle holder.  Its not insulated so does warm quicker than the insulated holders. They have right and left, rushmore or older guards. Just another option.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/left-saddlebag-guard-bag#tabs

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »

I have the Kruzer Kaddy on the handle bars, but I am switching to the Hogtrough if they make for the Road Glide. They mount on glovebox cover for lower fairings, not sure if the fit cause the inner fairing is so close?  :orange:

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 02:06:14 PM »

I have the Kruzer Kaddy on the handle bars, but I am switching to the Hogtrough if they make for the Road Glide. They mount on glovebox cover for lower fairings, not sure if the fit cause the inner fairing is so close?  :orange:

I've looked at this too on the RG CVO Ultra, I'm thinking I'll call and see if I can get the doors and baskets separately and then just mount them myself.
I had them on my old Ultra, but I think the little plastic deflectors may be an issue on the CVO.

Also, the Bubba cups I listed earlier need the foam adapters that come with the HogTrough holders, they'll fit snug and stay in place no matter the road conditions. 
2015 CVO Road Glide

cahokiacarl

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »

KruzerKaddy mounted on saddlebag guard rail works great.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 09:07:07 PM »

The hogtrough stuff mounts securely and is easy to reach but it IS beside the engine & exhaust. Whatever gets very hot, very quickly. I finally tried a 16oz Thermos with flip lid and it worked OK, but also got hot on the outside (stainless) which was OK with coffee and acceptable with water if you are not real picky.

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 10:13:21 PM »

The hogtrough stuff mounts securely and is easy to reach but it IS beside the engine & exhaust. Whatever gets very hot, very quickly. I finally tried a 16oz Thermos with flip lid and it worked OK, but also got hot on the outside (stainless) which was OK with coffee and acceptable with water if you are not real picky.

Thanks, good info Don.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 10:21:34 PM »

I hadn't thought of that! Since the Sturgis ride is in July/August it is important to have cold wanter/drinks so moving to option number two.

Thank you.

Cam

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 03:08:51 AM »

Believe it or not, using the left side Hogtrough cup holder and the Bubba bottle I could keep ice in the bottle all day in 80*+ temps.
I loaded up the bottle with ice at nite in the motel, stuck it in the frig over nite and then filled it with water in the morning.
Doing it this way keeps ice in the bottle all day. Didn't come close with the cups included with the HogTrough.
I'm sure if you put one on the right side it might get warmer from the exhaust.

PS.  I have a Bubba bottle here beside my chair, I filled the bottle with ice and water at noon today, it's now 2am and there's still ice
in the bottle. The house has been at 80* the whole time. Pretty amazing bottles.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:12:22 AM by tdkkart »
2015 CVO Road Glide

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 04:08:38 PM »

Maybe wait until you get to Sturgis.  There will be many displays of that kind of thing and it will give you something to "shop" for.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 21 queries.