Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Cupholder for 2015 Limited  (Read 11256 times)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Cupholder for 2015 Limited
« on: July 12, 2015, 12:18:43 PM »

As I get physically and mentally ready for the 1650 mile trip to Sturgis and back I am realizing it is a good idea to have a cupholder to make sure there is the option for hydration while riding 500+ miles a day. The option for the limited is sort of limited because of all the things already attached to the handlebar. The best cupholder I had found was the kruzer kaddy which is attached to the clutch reservoir. But I am using the same mount point for the GoPro mount and I need to find a cupholder that I can mount to the left side of the handlebar itself.

I was wondering if any of you guys have found the right solution yet.

Thank you in advance.

Cam
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:21:36 PM by camcvo »

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

Re: Cupholder for 2015 Limited
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »

Check this guy's stuff. We had the front and rears on our '11 Road Glide Ultra, a pair of fronts is on my list for the CVO.
Nice quality fit good and look good, no complaints whatsoever, other than they're a touch spendy.
http://www.hogtrough.com/products/

The bottles that come with the Hogtrough holders are essentially freebies and that's about what they're worth.

We use these bottles from Bubba, 24oz, and if put in the fridge overnight will hold ice all day long.
http://www.shopbubba.com/shop-all/bottles/bubba-24-oz-hero-sport-bottle-active-blue/
2015 CVO Road Glide

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »

Great recommendation. Thank you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 08:38:54 PM »

My bike had the Kuryakyn cup holders for rider and passenger, when I bought it.

Not sure what may be different on a Limited handlebar vs. my Ultra Classic.  When I left Chip & Nancy's I told them "those are coming off as soon as I get this bike back to Calif."  By the time I got to Calif. there was no way they were coming off.  Due to the rubber fingers lining the inside at the top, they hold everything securely (even when hitting a speed bump at speed, unexpectedly at night) from a 12 oz. can to a water bottle, juice bottle, etc.

Mine is mounted to my brake side but they are universal to either side....

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/universal-drink-holder-mount-each-brakeclutch-perch-w-verical-spacing-1-116-to-1-12-inches-center-to-center/part/KY-1462

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/passenger-drink-holder-with-basket-right-side-harley-davidson-flhtcu-flhtk-flhtcutg-2014/part/KY-1692

Click this link and scroll down to the 5th picture to see them mounted....

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=99194.msg1326655#msg1326655
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 07:11:36 AM »

Thanks JCZ. The handlebar on my bike seems already too crowded with all the stuff put on it by Harley. I was also concerned about the cupholder hitting the gas tank when turning the handlebar. I will check into both options and pick one before hitting the road.

Cam

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:23 AM »

I got tired of so much stuff on my bars and began using the HD snap on bags for the saddle bag guards.  Its not as convienent as cup holders on the bar but works well for water bottle holder.  Its not insulated so does warm quicker than the insulated holders. They have right and left, rushmore or older guards. Just another option.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/left-saddlebag-guard-bag#tabs
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 10:24:05 AM »

I also use this except my wife found an insulated thermos type mug that has a flip up top and you suck on it like a straw. Keeps the water cold for about 4 hours of highway cruising and snugly fits into the HD leather guard bag.

I can easily reach back and pull it out of the water bottle pouch and put it back in. So can she

I got tired of so much stuff on my bars and began using the HD snap on bags for the saddle bag guards.  Its not as convienent as cup holders on the bar but works well for water bottle holder.  Its not insulated so does warm quicker than the insulated holders. They have right and left, rushmore or older guards. Just another option.

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »

I have the Kruzer Kaddy on the handle bars, but I am switching to the Hogtrough if they make for the Road Glide. They mount on glovebox cover for lower fairings, not sure if the fit cause the inner fairing is so close?  :orange:

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 02:06:14 PM »

I have the Kruzer Kaddy on the handle bars, but I am switching to the Hogtrough if they make for the Road Glide. They mount on glovebox cover for lower fairings, not sure if the fit cause the inner fairing is so close?  :orange:

I've looked at this too on the RG CVO Ultra, I'm thinking I'll call and see if I can get the doors and baskets separately and then just mount them myself.
I had them on my old Ultra, but I think the little plastic deflectors may be an issue on the CVO.

Also, the Bubba cups I listed earlier need the foam adapters that come with the HogTrough holders, they'll fit snug and stay in place no matter the road conditions. 
2015 CVO Road Glide

cahokiacarl

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »

KruzerKaddy mounted on saddlebag guard rail works great.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 09:07:07 PM »

The hogtrough stuff mounts securely and is easy to reach but it IS beside the engine & exhaust. Whatever gets very hot, very quickly. I finally tried a 16oz Thermos with flip lid and it worked OK, but also got hot on the outside (stainless) which was OK with coffee and acceptable with water if you are not real picky.

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 10:13:21 PM »

The hogtrough stuff mounts securely and is easy to reach but it IS beside the engine & exhaust. Whatever gets very hot, very quickly. I finally tried a 16oz Thermos with flip lid and it worked OK, but also got hot on the outside (stainless) which was OK with coffee and acceptable with water if you are not real picky.

Thanks, good info Don.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 10:21:34 PM »

I hadn't thought of that! Since the Sturgis ride is in July/August it is important to have cold wanter/drinks so moving to option number two.

Thank you.

Cam

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 03:08:51 AM »

Believe it or not, using the left side Hogtrough cup holder and the Bubba bottle I could keep ice in the bottle all day in 80*+ temps.
I loaded up the bottle with ice at nite in the motel, stuck it in the frig over nite and then filled it with water in the morning.
Doing it this way keeps ice in the bottle all day. Didn't come close with the cups included with the HogTrough.
I'm sure if you put one on the right side it might get warmer from the exhaust.

PS.  I have a Bubba bottle here beside my chair, I filled the bottle with ice and water at noon today, it's now 2am and there's still ice
in the bottle. The house has been at 80* the whole time. Pretty amazing bottles.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:12:22 AM by tdkkart »
2015 CVO Road Glide

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 04:08:38 PM »

Maybe wait until you get to Sturgis.  There will be many displays of that kind of thing and it will give you something to "shop" for.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »

Maybe wait until you get to Sturgis.  There will be many displays of that kind of thing and it will give you something to "shop" for.
That's what I was thinking too. For now I bought the barefoot biker cupholder and a bubba bottle for the trip over there. On the way back I may have one of the other suggested solutions on the bike.

10 more days!!!  :carrot:  :bananarock:

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 10:36:55 AM »

Check this guy's stuff. We had the front and rears on our '11 Road Glide Ultra, a pair of fronts is on my list for the CVO.
Nice quality fit good and look good, no complaints whatsoever, other than they're a touch spendy.
http://www.hogtrough.com/products/

The bottles that come with the Hogtrough holders are essentially freebies and that's about what they're worth.

We use these bottles from Bubba, 24oz, and if put in the fridge overnight will hold ice all day long.
http://www.shopbubba.com/shop-all/bottles/bubba-24-oz-hero-sport-bottle-active-blue/

They may be a "touch spendy" but he sells nothing but American Made items.  I have talked to Carp several times as he lives close by.  A died in the wool "If it is not American Made it is crap and I will not sell it" kind of guy.  Great guy to talk to.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 05:07:12 PM »

x2.  Before I added the speakers in the lowers, I had some kind of a waterbottle holder, but it just got in the way and looked tacky. I like the snap on leather bags for extra storage for stuff like gloves extra glasses, rags, etc too. Stuff you need quick access to, and it's a perfect spot for a water bottle. They also do a great job of protecting the saddlebags from stone chips, etc. When you are done, you just unsnap. Works great for me too.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 05:32:37 PM »

Just saw this Cam and think I have the answer.......might be a problem in helmet states.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »

Just saw this Cam and think I have the answer.......might be a problem in helmet states.
Ding ding ding - and we have a winner!!! :D

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
2015 RGU drink/coffee holder?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 10:06:21 PM »

C'mon guys and gals... what are we using for a drink holder on the 15+ FLTRUSE? I just finished a long ride, the first on my new bike, and the only thing I really lacked was a place for my coffee in the cool mornings. I love to sip coffee and ride my bike on a crisp morning, but I just can't seem to find any good solutions for this bike. The bar-mounted kruzer-kaddy seemed promising until I actually tried it... the stock bars don't offer and good spots as no matter where I tried it either the holder or the cup would hit the fairing or the gas tank at full deflection.

Any suggestions/pics? I thought the Hog Trough that mounts on the lower cover looked good, but searching here yielded one poor review and one unfulfilled order. Booo. Maybe get a spare left side lower cover from the moco and drill and mount a generic one from Autozone or something?
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: 2015 RGU drink/coffee holder?
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 10:15:39 PM »

Here's a post I did in another thread for a limited.  This cup holder bolts up to your grip controls.

My bike had the Kuryakyn cup holders for rider and passenger, when I bought it.

Not sure what may be different on a Limited handlebar vs. my Ultra Classic.  When I left Chip & Nancy's I told them "those are coming off as soon as I get this bike back to Calif."  By the time I got to Calif. there was no way they were coming off.  Due to the rubber fingers lining the inside at the top, they hold everything securely (even when hitting a speed bump at speed, unexpectedly at night) from a 12 oz. can to a water bottle, juice bottle, etc.

Mine is mounted to my brake side but they are universal to either side....

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/universal-drink-holder-mount-each-brakeclutch-perch-w-verical-spacing-1-116-to-1-12-inches-center-to-center/part/KY-1462

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/passenger-drink-holder-with-basket-right-side-harley-davidson-flhtcu-flhtk-flhtcutg-2014/part/KY-1692

Click this link and scroll down to the 5th picture to see them mounted....

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=99194.msg1326655#msg1326655
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2015 RGU drink/coffee holder?
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2015, 10:18:02 PM »

I just elbow my better half riding on the back and she hands my drink to me ;D

I have the leather pouch setup on the saddlebag guards. One with a sport bottle but I found a coffee cup at a local convenience store that fits in there nice and snug. Short trips to work have not been a problem.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »

I just merged the two threads.  The other thread started out asking about cupholder for a Limited but I see several that answered are on Road Glides.  The one I use is compatable to either.

West Coast GTG   

ACfixer

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 10:40:31 PM »

Thanks guys. JC, I actually have a bar/clamp Kury one sitting next to me on my desk and the thing just looks huge! There are no actual round spots on the RGU bars in the pullback area, as you get any distance away from the cylinders they oval out making the bend and then in the upright area there's just not room perhaps because I pulled the pin and moved the bars up? So bar mount is out of the question... I never rally gave the one you're using a thought but that might be promising.

OBB, yeah I was looking at the leather saddlebag guard ones and they looked fine for hanging on to water etc... but I never really figured you could use them for coffee because of what I thought were obvious reasons. I can only picture coffee spilling everywhere or me trying to fumble around with it with my gloves on.

Okay, I see a few suggestions in this thread... I'll look a little deeper at them. Thanks JC
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:42:15 PM by ACfixer »
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 10:56:53 PM »

They don't mount to the bars themselves......they mount to your existing control mount (brake or clutch) on either side.  You can see the mount in this pic....  http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/universal-drink-holder-mount-each-brakeclutch-perch-w-verical-spacing-1-116-to-1-12-inches-center-to-center/part/KY-1462

You're not going to win any beauty contest with this thing.  My first thought was......might have even said to to Chip & Nancy as I first laid eyes on my bike in their garage "look at that huge, butt ugly cup holder!  I did tell them "those are coming off as soon as I get back to California".  But by that time, I'd already had coffee, 16 oz. Pepsi and gatorade in their and didn't spill a drop nor did I have to worry about it coming out when I hit a bump or pot hole. 

While it is ugly, it's very practical and secure and so............they (rider and passneger) stayed.   :2vrolijk_21:

If you want me to shoot some close up pics, let me know?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:58:44 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 11:02:02 PM »

Or, it's going to be a little cooler this weekend.  You could jump on I-15 and take a little ride down here and see for yourself.  ;D

West Coast GTG   

ACfixer

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »

I'll probably be heading that way within the next month or so JC, if so I'll hit you up.  :2vrolijk_21:

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »

That is a beautiful rig man.

As far as cup holders:  as you age a bit you will find that ridding and drinking coffee, coke what ever will cause you to stop a lot more frequently.

So when i need water, coffee, coke or what ever, i find a nice place to stop, take a drink, stretch, and hopefully take a half a leak before heading back out. :)
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »

That is a beautiful rig man.

As far as cup holders:  as you age a bit you will find that ridding and drinking coffee, coke what ever will cause you to stop a lot more frequently.

So when i need water, coffee, coke or what ever, i find a nice place to stop, take a drink, stretch, and hopefully take a half a leak before heading back out. :)
That's experience talking ;D

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 05:22:49 AM »

These are the bomb!

The wife and I don't mess around, we both wear the (3 Liter bladder) "big daddy" packs. I fill mine with Michelob Lager and her's with either Jack or sometimes rum & Coke. We always trade straws back/forth while cruisin' and boozin'. When we are pressed for time we just strap on the Depends and go on the fly and never have to stop except for refills. You would be surprised how well soiling yourself this time of year helps on those chilly nights. 
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 12:23:57 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 02:44:31 PM »

These are the bomb!

The wife and I don't mess around, we both wear the (3 Liter bladder) "big daddy" packs. I fill mine with Michelob Lager and her's with either Jack or sometimes rum & Coke. We always trade straws back/forth while cruisin' and boozin'. When we are pressed for time we just strap on the Depends and go on the fly and never have to stop except for refills. You would be surprised how well soiling yourself this time of year helps on those chilly nights.

The best solution for hydration (and de-hydration) ! Thanks Phantom.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Now I'm ready to hit the road and go to Daytona next March and not worry about hydration or the chilly nights! ;)

Cam

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »

I have this RAM mount gives lots of flexibility.

https://www.rammount.com/products/motorcycle/drinkcup

Bub
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 01:30:28 PM »

I have this RAM mount gives lots of flexibility.

https://www.rammount.com/products/motorcycle/drinkcup

Bub
Great solution. Do you have a picture of it installed on your bike?

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »

here are some photos

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 10:27:06 PM »

one more. The beauty of it is you can move it around and mount it EXACTLY where you want it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:24:36 AM by bubtrauma »

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »

one more. The beauty of it is you can move it around and mount it EXACTLY where you want it.
Sold! The perfect solution for what I was looking for. Now I have the cupholder for next year's rides. Thank you very much.

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2015, 10:40:14 AM »

One more note I filed out part of the bottom of mine so it would allow for my drink container to sit through in the holder. Its hard to see so I will take another pic tonight to show you how it holds the thermos.....if you like

Bub
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:42:23 AM by bubtrauma »

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »

One more note I filed out part of the bottom of mine so it would allow for my drink container to sit through in the holder. Its hard to see so I will take another pic tonight to show you how it holds the thermos.....if you like

Bub

Bub,

That would be great. BTW, there are 4 different mounts. Which one did you get?

Cam

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »

I got the first one with the cozy but you can find those cozies all over you probably have a bunch in a drawer somewhere. ...lol

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2015, 06:32:44 PM »

holder

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2015, 06:33:53 PM »

thermos

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2015, 06:38:34 PM »

I got the first one with the cozy but you can find those cozies all over you probably have a bunch in a drawer somewhere. ...lol

Great. Thank you Bub. Really appreciate the info and the pics.

Cam
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.38 seconds with 21 queries.