Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Insanely Stupid Move!  (Read 9033 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Insanely Stupid Move!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 11:59:17 PM »

The end of the story.. Installed Wild 1 Chubby 14 inch Reapers, new heated grips (same as come on current CVOs) ran all wires including the radar detector wire inside the bars and LED fog-lights to the crash bars as well as ran those wires inside.
Good news is I love the new bars and was planning on running the detector wires through the bars anyway. Bad news was this little "story" ended up costing a pretty penny! Yea, I know the fog-lights had nothing to do with tweaking the handlebars but since we were running wires inside of bars I thought...
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2015, 12:01:12 AM »

The end of the story.. Installed Wild 1 Chubby 14 inch Reapers, new heated grips (same as come on current CVOs) ran all wires including the radar detector wire inside the bars and LED fog-lights to the crash bars as well as ran those wires inside.
Good news is I love the new bars and was planning on running the detector wires through the bars anyway. Bad news was this little "story" ended up costing a pretty penny! Yea, I know the fog-lights had nothing to do with tweaking the handlebars but since we were running wires inside of bars I thought...
Fog-lights
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:08:02 AM by JCZ »
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2015, 12:03:06 AM »

Fog-lights
Rear view of bars. Great wrist angle and better positioning in general for me
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:12:46 AM by JCZ »
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2015, 12:08:45 AM »

Rear view of bars. Great wrist angle and better positioning in general for me
Sorry about the angle on the last 2 pics
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2015, 01:07:12 AM »

Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »

Sorry about the angle on the last 2 pics

Alan I took the liberty of editing your two posts above to upright the pics.

NOTE: With the last two updates on the iphones, this has become an issue.  To prevent pics from posting sideway, when taking the pic hold your phone/camera horizontally (sideways?) with the volumn control down towards the ground.  Then your pics will post upright.  Don't ask..... :nixweiss:   Actually, there is a lengthy explanation but in short, our phones are oriented in "landscape" position (horizontal) rather than in "portrait" (vertical).  If you've been in the habit of taking a lot of photos in portrait position, it will take awhile to relearn.

I went to the air show at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar yesterday and forgot my Nikon so I took quite a few pics before I remembered to turn my phone horizontally.  By the way, if you've not been to a military air show in a lot of years (like myself), do yourself a favor and go to the next one near you.  The price is right (free) and they've came so far with these air shows from when I was Marine Aviation during the Nam era.  It was increadable!  :2vrolijk_21:

Now back to Alan's thread......Alan, let's go for a ride today.  It's been forever since I've rode in the rain.  :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2015, 05:06:08 PM »

Alan I took the liberty of editing your two posts above to upright the pics.

NOTE: With the last two updates on the iphones, this has become an issue.  To prevent pics from posting sideway, when taking the pic hold your phone/camera horizontally (sideways?) with the volumn control down towards the ground.  Then your pics will post upright.  Don't ask..... :nixweiss:   Actually, there is a lengthy explanation but in short, our phones are oriented in "landscape" position (horizontal) rather than in "portrait" (vertical).  If you've been in the habit of taking a lot of photos in portrait position, it will take awhile to relearn.

I went to the air show at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar yesterday and forgot my Nikon so I took quite a few pics before I remembered to turn my phone horizontally.  By the way, if you've not been to a military air show in a lot of years (like myself), do yourself a favor and go to the next one near you.  The price is right (free) and they've came so far with these air shows from when I was Marine Aviation during the Nam era.  It was increadable!  :2vrolijk_21:

Now back to Alan's thread......Alan, let's go for a ride today.  It's been forever since I've rode in the rain.  :huepfenlol2:
I am siting in my house right now pouting because i can't ride because of the rain.. I was riding down 163 yesterday mid day and the Blue Angels were flying above me. I looked like a moron going about 40mph down the freeway and watching the planes above me, pretty amazing! I have to go next year..
Let me know when we are riding and its not raining..
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 05:08:17 PM »

I am siting in my house right now pouting because i can't ride because of the rain.. I was riding down 163 yesterday mid day and the Blue Angels were flying above me. I looked like a moron going about 40mph down the freeway and watching the planes above me, pretty amazing! I have to go next year..
Let me know when we are riding and its not raining..
BTW JC, great call on that detector. It saved me yesterday riding on 67
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »

BTW JC, great call on that detector. It saved me yesterday riding on 67

Yep....doesn't take long to pay for itself.

Going to ride up to the big RV Show in Pamona this Sat. but I'm up for a ride Sun.  You lay out the route and lead.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »

Yep....doesn't take long to pay for itself.

Going to ride up to the big RV Show in Pamona this Sat. but I'm up for a ride Sun.  You lay out the route and lead.  :2vrolijk_21:
deal
Alan
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.