Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Fullsac CVO conversion  (Read 16044 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Fullsac CVO conversion
« on: January 25, 2007, 08:29:54 AM »

Have noticed for several years mostly favorable comments concerning the Fullsac performance conversions on HD stock mufflers. Then a couple of months ago on another site, a fullsac dealer mentioned how good a donor muffler the 07 CVO's make. Since they are 4" and have a 1/4 in insulation around the outer core, they have a real nice mellow tone compared to the standard bagger muffler. Well, being one to try different mufflers, I scored a set of 07 CVO take offs to send to Steve at Fullsac. Turnaround time was 8 days and he does an excellent job.  Only a very slight color difference on the bottom front of the mufler where the new baffle is welded. Not noticable at all when mounted. I love the look of these mufflers, and now I love the sound also. He replaces the stock baffle/cat with a 2" louvered baffle that is about mid level in terms of decibels.  For comparaisons sake, they are much quieter than my V&H classics and about the same as my 4" Bassanni HO's, but to me, have a better tone due to the insulation. I've ridden about 200 miles since I put these on ( rain, rain, rain) and am very pleased. Excellent sound and again, I love the look. You also lose the inner portion that sticks out inside the tip.

When I talked to Steve on the phone, there was a little doubt about the difference between the 06 and the 07 CVO muffler. When I recieved the 07's from a member here, I compared them to my 06's, and could find no difference in the appearance internally. The part number is the same also. The only thing that I could find that would indicate that these mufflers came off an 07 was that under the part number, it lists the 1800 motor, and on my 06's, it only mentions the 1690 motor. So, most likely, the mufflers are identical, it's just that fullsac hadn't done any 06's and he couldn't comfirm that they would work. Just an FYI for any of you that like the look of your stock RK or EG CVO mufflers and want better sound, I certainly recommend the fullsac conversion. Wish I could do a picture, but my dial up is just too slow. Cost is $199, plus your shipping.  Beats having them sit on the shelf.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Fullsac CVO conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:19:41 AM »

Have noticed for several years mostly favorable comments concerning the Fullsac performance conversions on HD stock mufflers. Then a couple of months ago on another site, a fullsac dealer mentioned how good a donor muffler the 07 CVO's make. Since they are 4" and have a 1/4 in insulation around the outer core, they have a real nice mellow tone compared to the standard bagger muffler. Well, being one to try different mufflers, I scored a set of 07 CVO take offs to send to Steve at Fullsac. Turnaround time was 8 days and he does an excellent job.  Only a very slight color difference on the bottom front of the mufler where the new baffle is welded. Not noticable at all when mounted. I love the look of these mufflers, and now I love the sound also. He replaces the stock baffle/cat with a 2" louvered baffle that is about mid level in terms of decibels.  For comparaisons sake, they are much quieter than my V&H classics and about the same as my 4" Bassanni HO's, but to me, have a better tone due to the insulation. I've ridden about 200 miles since I put these on ( rain, rain, rain) and am very pleased. Excellent sound and again, I love the look. You also lose the inner portion that sticks out inside the tip.

When I talked to Steve on the phone, there was a little doubt about the difference between the 06 and the 07 CVO muffler. When I recieved the 07's from a member here, I compared them to my 06's, and could find no difference in the appearance internally. The part number is the same also. The only thing that I could find that would indicate that these mufflers came off an 07 was that under the part number, it lists the 1800 motor, and on my 06's, it only mentions the 1690 motor. So, most likely, the mufflers are identical, it's just that fullsac hadn't done any 06's and he couldn't comfirm that they would work. Just an FYI for any of you that like the look of your stock RK or EG CVO mufflers and want better sound, I certainly recommend the fullsac conversion. Wish I could do a picture, but my dial up is just too slow. Cost is $199, plus your shipping.  Beats having them sit on the shelf.

That's a great report. Would you mind posting his contact info. You're right, why have the stock sitting take-offs on the shelf when you can have a set of usable set sitting there instead. Thanks. Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:43:46 AM »

Here's the info:  meant to do it earlier, but I got busy. Damn work keeps gettting in the way of fun.

Steve George:   928-505-2912

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:01:10 AM »

GC, for that money I think I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the post.

I had loaned my stock muffs to a guy and he broguht them back the other day.  I have the SE Pro which I do like, but it may make the bike a bit more stealth with the inserts and original look.

lunker

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • CO

• CVO1: 2007 Road King - FLHRSE3 - Gone
    • CVO2: 2013 Road King Anny - FLHRSE4
    • CVO3: 2013 Convertible - FLSTSE3 (Wife's Ride)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »

Thanks alot for the post.  I have been considering the same for my 07 SERK and have talked to Steve who is very knowledgeable and helpful.  I have about 1200 miles on my bike and will be going with the slipons/sert and then dyno at Durango Harley Davidson (Colorado).  I am looking for cooler running, improved torque, and slighty louder exhaust (Actually have come to kind of like the quiet stock sound after years of aftermarket pipes!).  

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »

http://www.fullsac.com/products_exhaust_recored.htm is the link to the site for additional info.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:57:45 AM by Rjob749 »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »

GC, for that money I think I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the post.

[highlight]I had loaned my stock muffs to a guy and he broguht them back the other day.  I have the SE Pro which I do like, but it may make the bike a bit more stealth with the inserts and original look.[/highlight]

Rjob, that's kinda the cool part.  I've already one comment from a guy that he couldn't believe I still had my stockers on. Then I fired it up.   ;D

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 11:58:15 AM »

Great Post.. I didn't think the stock mufflers could be modified by anyone but I guess I was wrong. I initially wanted to retain the mufflers when I picked the bike up but couldn't stand the sound (lack of) and changed my mind after two seperate people said "When are you going to get rid of those potato shooters?" so I pulled them off and never went back.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 12:40:50 PM »

GC, great info, thanks.  I kinda enjoy the quiet of the stock exhaust on my jester as compared to the SE Pro Performance muffs I had on my '06.  Could take it a little louder but not too much.  This might be the ticket.

Did you / do you plan to add the Fullsac true dual headpipe kit?  Looks kinda interesting.  Just wonder if anyone has had any experience - good or bad - using it.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 03:51:23 PM »

GC, great info, thanks.  I kinda enjoy the quiet of the stock exhaust on my jester as compared to the SE Pro Performance muffs I had on my '06.  Could take it a little louder but not too much.  This might be the ticket.

[highlight]Did you / do you plan to add the Fullsac true dual headpipe kit?[/highlight]  Looks kinda interesting.  Just wonder if anyone has had any experience - good or bad - using it.

I already have the V&H true duals.  The fullsac dual kit is kind of a poor mans duals, although most people say you can't see the patch when the heat shields are installed.  I'm going to try to post a couple of pics or jpeg files tomorrow.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 10:54:46 PM »

Ultrafxr, I used the Fulsac true duel conversion before I put Rineharts on my 05 SEEG. Easy install, good fit.  The only problem was I had to make cut a length of heatshield to cover the area where the stock heatshield stopped before it got to the muffler.  I ran the conversion with the stock mufflers that I put the Kerker baffles in.  Did not like the sound, but I believe it was the baffles.  Had nothing to do with the conversion.

I would reccomend it.  Lot less expensive than buying V&H setup.  Not knocking V&H.  Just a less expensive way to go.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 07:06:46 AM »

Gonna try a pic   [smiley=confused5.gif]

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:09:05 AM by flhtcse2004 »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 07:23:57 AM »

It worked. Another, but smaller.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »

It worked. Another, but smaller.
Great pics GC, thanks!!  I think I just may send my stockers off to Fulsac and then I will have a spare set of modifieds incase the V&H Ovals "go south" on me.
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:44:07 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 03:30:53 PM »

Regarding the Fullsac CVO conversion, has anyone had their scooter on a Dyno before and after? The performance issue can't be based on sound or looks.  I'd like to see some real numbers before I make up my mind! It makes a difference also whether the stock head pipes are used or the Fullsac conversion is with true dual headers. Right now I'm riding around with one muffler different than the other.  >:( The "center extension pipe" fell out of my left muffler and Harley hasn't be able to replace the warrentied muffler yet. Still back ordered. From this site it appears that the Rinehart system is the best, though expensive, but I'm not familiar enough with the "maps" to know which is best, per dyno tests. Any advice will be considered.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 22 queries.