Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Dan's Little Tag-A-Long Trailer  (Read 8691 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Dan's Little Tag-A-Long Trailer
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »

Okay guys, a Bushtec it's not, but I think it has some possibilities.

This picture is before I did the cooler mount.  The original tongue was a bit short based on what I've read.  I lengthened the tongue about 14" and this should help to cut down on tongue weight too.

Obviously the hitch etc.  I decided, at least for now, to go with the stock solid ball hitch, not the swivel tongue hitch.  I did a couple "U" turns in my street at full lock on the steering without any binding.  I had my neighbor watching the hitch to see if I hit and he said it looked good.  I know that I've seen guys like JC carving turns with the trailer attached and I know in my case doing the "U" turn, I was not close to dragging my running board, so actual road speed turns may allow a bit more of a bank on the bike, but for what I'm intending to do with the trailer over the next couple weeks, I feel save in leaving it alone for now.

Here's the rear and the spare tire mounted.

A better shot of the spare tire mounted to the rear cross frame of the trailer.  I was going to mount it under the front on the tongue, but it added more tongue weight.  So to the rear it went.  I can check the air pressure without removing it too.  A by product of the rear spare tire is that if the trailer is empty and I lift the tongue and walk the trailer up in front, it will hit on the spare tire and then tip back until the back edge of the cargo box hits the floor.  At that point the trailer is balanced and is quite stabile.  So storage in my shed should be a bit easier than I thought it would be.  :)

I made up a little kick stand out of a couple pieces of aluminium extrusions to keep it light.  It turned out okay and seems to be strong enough.

Other than not having any bungee cords tying down the cooler, here's the trailer finished ready for the road.

The trailer is designed with about 1/3 of the cargo box rear of the axle and 2/3 in front of the axle.  I figured that it may be a bit of a packing issue to keep the tongue from getting too heavy.

I've read that tongue weight is anywhere between 7% to 15% of the total gross trailer weight.  So I think I'll be shooting for around 40# max tongue weight.

What do you guys do to calculate the tongue weight?  Or do you just fill up the trailer and say good enough?  I plan on having the cooler empty, or maybe just light stuff in it, not ice and beer/soda etc.

For now with the spare tire, I have about $350 invested into the trailer plus many hours of my tinkering, like extending the tongue 14", the spare tire mount, kick stand and cooler mount.  On the bike I have the Bushtec hitch I bought off eBay and wiring harness etc.  In that I have around $350 as well.  Of course plus my labor.  I think labor is free.  At least that's what I've learned over the year of marriage.  She always tells me I'm worthless, so my labor has to be free... :(

I'll be leaving for ES mid Saturday morning, so three days and I'm on my way.

Any advice on tongue weight and loading etc would be a BIG help.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Dan's Little Tag-A-Long Trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:16:21 AM »

Put your kickstand addition on a bathroom scale.  Voila, tongue weight measured (or at least close enough to as make no difference).

I wasn't going to pull my little trailer to ES with it being so close to home.  But now I feel the urge.  Who knows what souvenirs one might want to haul home.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:54:57 AM »

Nice rig Dan.  Have seen similar.  Should work well.   :2vrolijk_21:

Do you think Twolane would fit in your trailer?  :nixweiss:  For scientific purposes only, of course.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »

Nice rig Dan.  Have seen similar.  Should work well.   :2vrolijk_21:

Do you think Twolane would fit in your trailer?  :nixweiss:  For scientific purposes only, of course.

Put Apple Pie inside and I'll follow it in.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 11:59:24 AM »

Huh, it never occurred to me until this moment that "Apple Pie" is probably a common stripper name....  ???

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 12:02:41 PM »

Huh, it never occurred to me until this moment that "Apple Pie" is probably a common stripper name....  ???
;D

Cherry Pie no doubt!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 12:03:32 PM »

Had some nonsense about weighing your tongue. then you posted about pie and lost my whole train of thought....

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 12:39:16 PM »

Looking good Dan! As Don said, load the trailer and weigh the tongue using bathroom scales. Also balance your load side to side, this makes for good towing.
I'm heading out Saturday morning and 99.999% sure that I will be towing my bike due to the bad weather in SC,NC,TN and all over the damn place between Saturday and Monday.
I hate riding long distance in the rain! Especially starting out in the rain.
I'll be there on Monday afternoon.  ;D

Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »

Have a safe drive.

Linda and I will be there before 5:00 pm on Saturday.  The weather looks good for Monday and I think we're going to be heading to Hot Springs to get our $10 National Park life passes.  You can mail in for them at $20 each, but we're cheap and she's always wanted to go stick here body in the hot springs anyway.

I'll be checking the hubs at each gas/pee stop on the way down.  I'll also only be cruising in the 70 mph range, so that should help keep the heat on the tires and hubs down a bit too.

Look forward to seeing you again.

See ya Monday evening...  :2vrolijk_21:
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 04:11:52 PM »

I like it a lot, Dan, and I think you did an outstanding job with it, with plenty of attention to detail like I knew you would do.
Start out with 20-25 lbs of tongue weight and see how it behaves/feels.  I think 40 lbs is overkill and think you will feel the trailer less and impact handling less with less weight on the hitch.  Once you get it dialed in, I think you'll be shocked at how little you will feel of it while towing.  If it fishtails, that is probably your weight distribution forward/aft of the trailer axle more than tongue weight.  The production manager at Bushtec told me the biggest complaint his new customers had was that the trailer pulled so well and unobtrusively that the drivers kept checking behind them to make sure the trailer was still attached to the bike.  My guess is that you will feel the same way with your trailer.  Best of luck, buddy!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 04:48:37 PM »

Have a safe drive.

Linda and I will be there before 5:00 pm on Saturday.  The weather looks good for Monday and I think we're going to be heading to Hot Springs to get our $10 National Park life passes.  You can mail in for them at $20 each, but we're cheap and she's always wanted to go stick here body in the hot springs anyway.

I'll be checking the hubs at each gas/pee stop on the way down.  I'll also only be cruising in the 70 mph range, so that should help keep the heat on the tires and hubs down a bit too.

Look forward to seeing you again.

See ya Monday evening...  :2vrolijk_21:

If time allows go over to Harrison and take 7 all the way down.  It's slower but it's a really pretty ride.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 04:50:25 PM »

And Dan.... you got me all trailerexcited.  Just came in from making sure my little trailer is all ready for a road trip too.  It may not go to Eureka but it might make the ball of string run.  No matter what it and the Road Glide are ready to pull it though.  You're an inspiration!

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 05:28:35 PM »

And Dan.... you got me all trailerexcited.  Just came in from making sure my little trailer is all ready for a road trip too.  It may not go to Eureka but it might make the ball of string run.  No matter what it and the Road Glide are ready to pull it though.  You're an inspiration!

You are SO very welcome my friend...

Harry had also suggested 7 as a route either down or back or both.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 10:03:50 AM »

Dan I saw a lot of those home built trailers in Alaska last year on my trip. You can do a lot with it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »

Dan I saw a lot of those home built trailers in Alaska last year on my trip. You can do a lot with it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Dawg, I took it to the NMITM in June and it pulled great.

This came with the cargo box, welded frame, dual spring leafs, axle with 8" wheels/tire, tongue and hitch.  It was prewired with all the wires run through the frame to each corner include the front side markers.  it also came with Harbor Freight's trailer wiring kit.  This has LED rears and incandescent front side markers.

I thought that I wanted to do some thin foam around the underside of the lid for an added bit of waterproofing, but after riding in very hard rains for over 100 miles on the way down there June 3rd, when I arrived and started to unload the trailer, there was no water to be had inside the cargo area.  So at this point I don't think I'll spend the time to put the foam tape in the lip.

I kept my speed to 70 mph because of the 8" wheels/tires.  The more I read about other trailers, specifically some of the pop up camper tow behinds that use only 8" wheels/tires, I think that I'm being overly cautious.  Yes 12' would be ideal, but for the limited amount of traveling I'll be doing with the bike/trailer, I may just keep below 70 and be happy at that.  I think the tires are rated at around 86 mph sustained.  I may find a better tire that has a higher speed rating.  The load rating for the trailer is 600# when towed behind a car and 200# towed behind a bike.  I doubt that I had more than 100# of load in the cargo area.  I kept the front mounted cooler empty except for rags and cleaning materials.

I was VERY worried about loading and weight distribution, but in the end it ended up I could throw just about anything anywhere in the cargo area and not change the tongue weight very much at all.

I extended the tongue about 14" so I feel that may have added to the relaxed load organizing.

Would it be cooler to have a color paint matched Bushtec, yes it would, but what I have, other than quite a few hours of making it mine, the total cash outlay was less than $350.00.  So it's generic black, I can live with that for now... :)

Since I bought mine, I've seen many Goldwing riders pulling the same trailer still retaining the 8" wheels/tires.  For the money it's hard to beat.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 04:06:57 AM »

Dawg, I took it to the NMITM in June and it pulled great.

This came with the cargo box, welded frame, dual spring leafs, axle with 8" wheels/tire, tongue and hitch.  It was prewired with all the wires run through the frame to each corner include the front side markers.  it also came with Harbor Freight's trailer wiring kit.  This has LED rears and incandescent front side markers.

I thought that I wanted to do some thin foam around the underside of the lid for an added bit of waterproofing, but after riding in very hard rains for over 100 miles on the way down there June 3rd, when I arrived and started to unload the trailer, there was no water to be had inside the cargo area.  So at this point I don't think I'll spend the time to put the foam tape in the lip.

I kept my speed to 70 mph because of the 8" wheels/tires.  The more I read about other trailers, specifically some of the pop up camper tow behinds that use only 8" wheels/tires, I think that I'm being overly cautious.  Yes 12' would be ideal, but for the limited amount of traveling I'll be doing with the bike/trailer, I may just keep below 70 and be happy at that.  I think the tires are rated at around 86 mph sustained.  I may find a better tire that has a higher speed rating.  The load rating for the trailer is 600# when towed behind a car and 200# towed behind a bike.  I doubt that I had more than 100# of load in the cargo area.  I kept the front mounted cooler empty except for rags and cleaning materials.

I was VERY worried about loading and weight distribution, but in the end it ended up I could throw just about anything anywhere in the cargo area and not change the tongue weight very much at all.

I extended the tongue about 14" so I feel that may have added to the relaxed load organizing.

Would it be cooler to have a color paint matched Bushtec, yes it would, but what I have, other than quite a few hours of making it mine, the total cash outlay was less than $350.00.  So it's generic black, I can live with that for now... :)

Since I bought mine, I've seen many Goldwing riders pulling the same trailer still retaining the 8" wheels/tires. For the money it's hard to beat.

For the money it's impossible to beat!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 09:33:16 PM »

Well Harbor Freight had a recall on their 8" tires, as in my new last year Tag-A-Long trailer.

So the manager said to call them and let them know I was ready to bring back in the tires and he also said that I did not have to unmount them like the recall said.

Rather than calling, I took off all three today, one never even touched the ground, and take them in and drop them off.  Well when I got there the "other" manager said that they had the replacement wheels/tires in stock and to wait a minute and I could take them with me.

I stopped him and offered to pay the difference between the 8" and the 12" as long as I was getting new 8" wheels/tires.  He said that was a good idea.

He brought out the 12" wheels/tires and said that he wasn't going to ring them up and the giveaway gift that I picked out for the sale item was even just given to me.

I got new 12" wheels/tires for no additional money and my free gift.

WOW, WHAT A DAY IT WAS FOR ME...

I now have to raise my fenders a few inches and modify my rear spare tire mount so I can still stand the trailer up on the spare and the trunk lip.  It stores very nicely that way in my shed.

I'll feel MUCH safer now pulling at 70 mph with 12" wheels/tires.

See y'all soon in ES. :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 09:46:31 PM »

That's a good upgrade Dan.  Well scored  :2vrolijk_21: .

I know it's easy to knock Harbor Freight but I've always had good luck and (on the rare occasions it's been needed) good after sale service at the local store here.  You know what you're buying there and why.  It's a good little hardware store to have around.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 10:02:40 PM »

Moderately bummed.  Just looked all over the Harbor Freight website thinking about the excellent utility of a little trailer like this.  Something you could use and use and never have to worry about road dinks at all.  They're not on the HF site...   Wonder if the company has stopped offering or just mistakenly not listed? 

If still curious tomorrow during business hours will go visit the store.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 12:40:04 AM »

I noticed that as well.  I was looking for the 12" wheels/tires on their website and they're gone.

I don't think trailers were a big seller and then with the tire recall, they may have pulled them.

As far as the Tag-A-Long, I know the St. Charles MO store had three more of them last spring in inventory.

Not sure though which trailer you're looking for.

I think they can go online and check other stores for you, if you find a friendly manager.

Yes, I did a great score with the larger wheels/tires.  Now for a few mods to get the trailer back level, raise the fenders and my spare tire mounted.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 02:01:25 AM »

I noticed that as well.  I was looking for the 12" wheels/tires on their website and they're gone.

I don't think trailers were a big seller and then with the tire recall, they may have pulled them.

As far as the Tag-A-Long, I know the St. Charles MO store had three more of them last spring in inventory.

Not sure though which trailer you're looking for.

I think they can go online and check other stores for you, if you find a friendly manager.

Yes, I did a great score with the larger wheels/tires.  Now for a few mods to get the trailer back level, raise the fenders and my spare tire mounted.

I did more homework.  HF pulled the trailers from inventory due to recalls on the tires/wheels and another on their light kits.  No new inventory allowed in the stores (according to the Interweb) until some new supply is brilliant!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 09:29:11 AM »

I got new 12" wheels/tires for no additional money and my free gift.

WOW, WHAT A DAY IT WAS FOR ME...

Nice rig and you got around the Achilles heel of the Bushtec...proprietary tires and bearings. Your rig is easy to fix on the road at any Pep Boys.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2018, 10:06:20 AM »

Looks great Dan, 12 inch wheels are the way to go in my opinion as well.

Picked this little guy up yesterday, couldn't pass it up for the price i was able to negotiate.  Bodystyle fits the Tri Glide well.  Changes to follow.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2018, 10:26:54 AM »

Looks great Dan, 12 inch wheels are the way to go in my opinion as well.

Picked this little guy up yesterday, couldn't pass it up for the price i was able to negotiate.  Bodystyle fits the Tri Glide well.  Changes to follow.

I know that the 8" were safe for my size trailer, in fact some of the popup campers that have been selling for decades still use 8" wheels/tires.

But the 12" will slow down the rpms of the hubs and hopefully lessen the heat a bit.

Your new toy will look great behind a Tri-glide.

Do the Tri-glides list a more robust towing capacity from the standard 2-wheel version?
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2018, 08:34:59 PM »

I know that the 8" were safe for my size trailer, in fact some of the popup campers that have been selling for decades still use 8" wheels/tires.

But the 12" will slow down the rpms of the hubs and hopefully lessen the heat a bit.

Your new toy will look great behind a Tri-glide.

Do the Tri-glides list a more robust towing capacity from the standard 2-wheel version?

Dan I don’t know for sure but I have seen some really big camper trailers with electric brakes on them being pulled by them.  I would think they have a little edge on a two wheeler when it come to tow capacity.  Not so sure on the braking aspect though.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2018, 12:42:21 PM »

My Harbor Freight redneck trailer works just great with the 12 inch tires. You can check it out in Eureka Springs at NMITM in 2 weeks.

Mike

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »

My Harbor Freight redneck trailer works just great with the 12 inch tires. You can check it out in Eureka Springs at NMITM in 2 weeks.

Mike

Yes Mike, I've seen it a couple times.  Each time it was full of refreshments...

I put one of the wheels on Sunday in the shed before I mowed the lawn.  It fits into the fender with about 2" of top clearance unloaded.  I think I can raise my fenders a couple inches and that should be good enough.

I'll make it work out some way.

Linda and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

See y'all soon!!! :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 11:40:30 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Linda. I'm in Maine until Thursday, then Richmond, VA till Monday. Leaving for ES next Friday arriving at NMITM on Sunday or Monday.
Mike

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Linda. I'm in Maine until Thursday, then Richmond, VA till Monday. Leaving for ES next Friday arriving at NMITM on Sunday or Monday.
Mike

We're looking forward to seeing most everyone again.  I don't mean that we don't look forward to seeing some that will be there, but not seeing those that are not there.  All of you that are not here, raise your hands please...
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »

Just FYI Northern Tool still show the similar trailer on their site but its $500 and comes with 12" tires.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200692633_200692633
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »

This guy painted to match !

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 09:36:44 AM »

Doc is that your Tri Glide?
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 03:00:58 PM »

This guy painted to match !

Good looking trailer!   :2vrolijk_21:

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2018, 12:34:34 AM »

So far I've only used my Tag-a-Long once. In another week will be twice.

If we use it more, some basic color matching may be in order.

Going to work on the fenders tomorrow to see if I can get them up a couple inches. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

See y'all in another week. 👍
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »

So far I've only used my Tag-a-Long once. In another week will be twice.

If we use it more, some basic color matching may be in order.

Going to work on the fenders tomorrow to see if I can get them up a couple inches. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

See y'all in another week. 👍

I’m torn between color match or dark blue bed liner. Got mine ready to roll redid trailer wire harness and built a 5 pin flat for my trike. Tied the brake lights on trailer to my back-off flasher and added led running lights and license plate light. Should be seen at night for sure. Think I will pull it around awhile before making a paint decision.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 12:14:56 PM »

Looking great.  Nice and bright.  Should be easily seen the daytime as well.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 10:14:45 AM »

Doc is that your Tri Glide?

No just a picture I found referencing the Harbor Freight tag alongs.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 21 queries.