Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2014 cvo road king low speed wobbles hard to control  (Read 2589 times)

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
Re: 2014 cvo road king low speed wobbles hard to control
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 08:40:47 PM »

Didn't Harley tech test ride it after wheel replacement?

Especially since you were bringing it in for that issue, wobble etc.
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 09:49:12 PM »

Why did they replace the front tire?  Did they actually measure/inspect it and find a defect, or did they just replace it because you mentioned another member here posted that his handling issue was fixed when he had a new front tire installed?  I'm thinking it was the latter, and if so this just shows that guesswork based on something you heard or read is rarely a good substitute for proper diagnostics.  Based on your posts it appears something changed basically overnight, versus a gradual change over an extended period of time.  Something obviously failed, and it's going to take some real diagnostics to find that something.  Just swapping out parts until you stumble on the answer could get very expensive, and the ESP isn't going to pay for it.  Find someone really good at diagnostics and willing to put in the time and effort to check the things that could create this problem.  Better to pay a bit more for good diagnostics than to pay much more just changing parts and hoping to acidently fix it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Justin heck

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

• CVO1: 2014 cvo road king
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 09:49:34 AM »

Didn't Harley tech test ride it after wheel replacement?

Especially since you were bringing it in for that issue, wobble etc.
I dropped off the bike and went to work they called me about 2 hours later and said it was done I asked if they checked everything and they said yes all was ok I kinda assume they didn't ride it like you would think cause they would have noticed it I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin heck

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 09:59:40 AM »

Why did they replace the front tire?  Did they actually measure/inspect it and find a defect, or did they just replace it because you mentioned another member here posted that his handling issue was fixed when he had a new front tire installed?  I'm thinking it was the latter, and if so this just shows that guesswork based on something you heard or read is rarely a good substitute for proper diagnostics.  Based on your posts it appears something changed basically overnight, versus a gradual change over an extended period of time.  Something obviously failed, and it's going to take some real diagnostics to find that something.  Just swapping out parts until you stumble on the answer could get very expensive, and the ESP isn't going to pay for it.  Find someone really good at diagnostics and willing to put in the time and effort to check the things that could create this problem.  Better to pay a bit more for good diagnostics than to pay much more just changing parts and hoping to acidently fix it.

Jerry
I lifted the bike up and used a runout gauge to measure the run out and found readings of what I felt to be excessive also checked rotor runout I had them replace the tire off of my readings.
I have not let harley take a look at my bike due to two reasons 1 they have done we wrong before and I do not trust them they are the closest dealer for 100miles I went out on a limb and let them change out my tire plus it has tire and wheel warranty. 2 is I would like to be the one to find the problem and repair it I am a ford senior master tech been doing mechanical work for over 18 years and have repaired bikes and all kinds of other heavy equipment and small equipment this being said I was just hoping that maybe some one on here has seen the problem and might be able to help shed the light in the world of ford this is called a tsb/Ssm when other techs see a concern or a trend and they report it for posts it to help someone else that may be having the same concern.
Also I have not waisted any money out of my pocket at this time.
I may have to take it to small motor shop here in town that does good work if I start spending to much time on it but hey working on the bike vers sitting on the couch ? I'll take the bike time.

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 10:04:26 AM »

Did you do a fall away test?

Justin heck

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 10:27:20 AM »

Did you do a fall away test?
Yes I measured fall away using the harley wsm

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »

Yes I measured fall away using the harley wsm

Dang. Well, if you've eliminated all the mechanical stuff, do you got a lot of crap in your saddlebags? Too much weight in the rear will make it do this too.

Justin heck

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 10:39:12 AM »

Dang. Well, if you've eliminated all the mechanical stuff, do you got a lot of crap in your saddlebags? Too much weight in the rear will make it do this too.
Unfortunately all I have in the bags is a rain suit on 1 side and the other has a storage shelf tray,
And a phone charger and a side knife and that's it

Fayston

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 09:49:25 PM »

I had similar symptoms in 2014 when I bought my FLHRSE - there was a hard to see issue in the shape of the front tire which turned out to be a mislaid belt. New tire solved the issue.  You already replaced your front, wonder if you have a problem with your back tire?
'14 FLHRSE
'88 FXRS
'94 Sporty
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.