Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Daytona Bike Week of 2018 as seen through JC's lens....  (Read 6864 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Daytona Bike Week of 2018 as seen through JC's lens....
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 06:18:59 PM »

The BMW Grand America.  Very impressive bike....look at the numbers (hp and Tq).  And, this bike now comes with floor boards in a more forward position so it was very comfortable even for a tall rider like myself.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 06:21:23 PM »

Semper Fi

This old school pan/shovel sure brought back some faded memories for me.....

Here I am in the early to mid 70s on my rigid pan/shovel....

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 06:23:29 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »

An interesting quad runner.....an Oreion, is street legal...

and an interesting trike....yes, the orange bike is a three wheeler...

And having and living in a very heavy 5th wheel toy hauler, these beautiful F-550s sure caught my attntion....so did the price tag.  Starting at $125k for something like this.   :o   These would sure make a nice RV hauler.  They start with the King Ranch trim package and then add to it.   Certainly my kind of truck.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »

Babe and I did finally get to ride "the Loop"....and really glad that we did.  A beautiful ride, that's for sure.  I wanted to ride it in the opposite direction the following morning but opted to go for a ride with Harry and the other members of this forum.  But that didn't work out well, either.....half hour in to that ride I had to bail.  Sometimes things just don't go the way we'd like for them to.

Come on along.....for a ride through the jungle and swamps around Daytona Beach, Fl........

Note the mast of the sunken sailboat in the foreground.  Can't help but wonder if they ran in to the bridge.....

West Coast GTG   

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 12:20:49 PM »

Hey brother thanks for sharing, pictures look great. Glad you got to ride the loop as well. Hope you get to try Tourtagas (sp) up on A1A at Flaggers. good food an good eats. How long you guys going to be around? Hope I get to see you before you go back west. Hope to get my bike this week. I like the 650's as well. Not sure it would make a daily driver, but it would pull the rig with ease. So are you still enjoying the Momentum?

BigLew

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »

Hey brother thanks for sharing, pictures look great. Glad you got to ride the loop as well. Hope you get to try Tourtagas (sp) up on A1A at Flaggers. good food an good eats. How long you guys going to be around? Hope I get to see you before you go back west. Hope to get my bike this week. I like the 650's as well. Not sure it would make a daily driver, but it would pull the rig with ease. So are you still enjoying the Momentum?

BigLew

No, we did not make it over to Tortugas.....they told me that was a place for slow people.   :P

We're in Charleston, SC right now.  Been here for a week.  Headed up to Maggie Valley tomorrow.  Looks like we'll be on the road for the better part of the day but Chip and I are going for a ride on Sat.  Looks like good weather there in MV for the weekend.   :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2018, 06:40:43 PM »

Very nice thanks!  I had a 2010 orange CVO Convertible just like in the picture.  Great looking bike!

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2018, 07:30:04 AM »

Great pictures...
Bill
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 22 queries.