Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help: Issue with my speedometer  (Read 776 times)

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
Help: Issue with my speedometer
« on: June 02, 2018, 01:54:13 PM »

I just took delivery of a new to me 2013 CVO Breakout with only 696 miles. Before I started to ride the bike I installed a PowerVision tune that I purchased from FuelMoto with a preloaded tune.

When I first started to ride the bike I noticed the speed was far greater than I was actually traveling. As an example, if I am going 45 mph the speedo might say 76 mph. My first thought was that the display is giving me kilometers rather than miles. However, the display clearly says MPH. When I tired to change from MPH to KPH using the owners manual instructions from some reason the display will not change over to KPH.

I am wondering if the PowerVision flash did something to change the speedo.The bike just came back from the 1K service at my local HD Dealer. I asked them about this issue and they have no clue. In fact they told me the speedo was working fine!!!! The dealer is absolutely useless and thats for another story.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

Thanks for any help.

Ralph

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Help: Issue with my speedometer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 03:26:30 PM »

Take a look at the documentation for the PV and see if you can reload the original calibration (tune).  I keep thinking the PV saves the existing tune when you install a new one.  If you can change back to the original tune, try it and see if there is any difference with the speedometer.  Jaime at FuelMoto has a reputation for great customer service, so you could also call him to verify you got the correct tune and find out if his tunes alter the speedometer parameters.  I can't think of a reason why they would, but ask anyway.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 05:12:08 PM »

I will try that tomorrow. I did look at the PV documentation and found out it does have settings for the speedometer. 

I need to input the correct VSS setting. I will call FuelMoto on Monday and I’m sure they can help.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 05:21:38 PM »

as a general rule, his tunes don't alter the speedo settings.  but there is a 'speedometer calibration' that you can do.  if all the gear ratios and specs are the same for the breakout as they are for the touring models, i can give you what the numbers are on mine.

just looked on the hd website.  the gear ratios for the 2018 breakout are not the same as for the 2018 touring.  if you want, i can still give you the correction factor, or whatever it is they call it, but probably won't be exactly right.  but it would show you whether or not that's going to work....

if you pull up your map, under the 'gear' section, there is a 'speedo calibration'.  mine has 2127 pulses per km.  you might try changing yours around a bit to see if that does anything.  just remember what your original value is so you can change back.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:32:43 PM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 05:27:58 PM »

I’m not sure about the settings. I think I may just go back to the original tune and look at the speedometer calibration settings and input that number in the modified tune. Is there a way of getting the speedometer calibration settings without reverting back to the original tune?

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 05:34:26 PM »

sure, just open the map on your computer through the power vision software. 

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 05:41:29 PM »

I have a 2013 CVO Breakout.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 05:44:17 PM »

yeah, i couldn't find the specs for 2013, so i just figured i would compare the 2018 models.

my bike is a 2013 as well, so i figured that if the 2018s compared favorably then more than likely, so would the 2013s. 

if you don't have the power vision software loaded, or if you run a mac (i have both mac and windows), then you could email me both of your maps and i can open them and compare them for you.  wouldn't take but a couple of minutes.

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »

Thanks

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.