Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New slip one and 1k service.  (Read 3581 times)

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Re: New slip one and 1k service.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 09:38:58 AM »

Are these designated left / right only?
Or is there a recessed location to clear the lower shock mount?
Seems to be off centered in the picture.

The only designation for left right is the the right one has a bigger inlet and the left is smaller. 

I never noticed with the stock mufflers the gap being like that. Then again I wasn’t focused on it either.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 09:40:25 AM »

Could it be the header pipe outlets on your bike turn out a little.
Look at the original muffler in let  as you look straight down the body to check alignment.

I will do that tonight when I get home.

My friend got a cvo ultra with CFRs and was showing him. He doesn’t have the extended bag on his.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 07:31:32 PM »

Ok so here’s the stock ones no turns at the inlets. CFRS are coming off. And fullsacs are going in the stock mufflers.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 09:04:11 PM »

so i been emailing with cary faas and hes been giving me tips like loosen the clamps and rotate them. that makes no sense to me because if you rotate it just would take your bolt holes out of alignment. am i missing something?

West AR CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Amethyst White Black Licorice
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 09:23:54 PM »

What he is suggesting is for you to loosen the muffler clamps only, not the mounting hardware. The mufflers can then rotate in the rubber mounts, moving left or right as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 05:33:07 AM »

What he is suggesting is for you to loosen the muffler clamps only, not the mounting hardware. The mufflers can then rotate in the rubber mounts, moving left or right as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I’m slowly getting it. What you say makes sense. There is a video where a guy uses a strap wrench. I’m going to try that after work tonight.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 08:10:57 AM »

Placing the rubber mounts in a bind is not a "fix", but to each his own. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2018, 10:47:39 AM »

Jerry

Hardly a bind but you can check it out for yourself. Here’s the video skip to 4:40 to see it done.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2018, 10:48:26 AM »

Jerry

Do you have any other suggestions?

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2018, 05:49:57 PM »

Ok so I did what that video described. Here is my result. It worked and didn’t to put any unwanted twist on the bracket. Moved them over a half inch.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »

Also CFR was good to deal with they were emailing back and forth a few times.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2018, 07:40:33 PM »

Looks much better now.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2018, 08:43:25 PM »

Also CFR was good to deal with they were emailing back and forth a few times.
Look awesome Jim, now go "make some music"!!
Alan
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.