Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rubber replacement  (Read 2877 times)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Re: Rubber replacement
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 11:29:22 AM »

That's interesting, strange the front on the 09 you find doesn't wear so well "possibly due too being 18s"

My front also wears off quicker especially the right side of the tyre more then the lift.  It's due to all the frigging roundabouts having to lean to the right all the time. There's a place not far from me that has a roundabout every 1/4 mile for 10 miles.
I try not to be too aggressive going into the roundabouts.
I'm looking forward to see how these Michelins hold up and the comparison of the ride and handling.

HD/Dunlop had a Recall on the '09 SERG Front Tire (amounted to reversing the tread), and a Recall on some of the 18" Front "Blade" Wheels... The 18" "Blade" Wheels are now "obsolete" from HD...

The last set of OE HD/Dunlops on the '09 wore (close to) evenly with 18k miles on the Rear and the Front having approx another 1-2k left,,, Replaced F&R with CIIs when the 18 CII became available for the Front, the CII front is wearing much faster than the Rear...

Some say that they don't like the CIIs in the wet,,, I've not noticed any ill traits in that regard on either the '05 or the '09,,, Ride & Handling are fine, sure-footed, predictable, no ill traits in any situation, just the the 18s don't have the sporty feel of the smaller 16s (different cross sections??? compounds???),,,  I have >70k miles on each Bike... Both Bikes have Glide-Pro Bushings and Sorted Suspensions...

On the '05 ( OE 402s) consistently 11-12k to a Rear, 2 Rears to a Front, the CIIs seem to be wearing perfectly even at around 14k with plenty of Tread remaining...

Go figure :nixweiss:

"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 11:49:55 AM »

HD/Dunlop had a Recall on the '09 SERG Front Tire (amounted to reversing the tread), and a Recall on some of the 18" Front "Blade" Wheels... The 18" "Blade" Wheels are now "obsolete" from HD...

The last set of OE HD/Dunlops on the '09 wore (close to) evenly with 18k miles on the Rear and the Front having approx another 1-2k left,,, Replaced F&R with CIIs when the 18 CII became available for the Front, the CII front is wearing much faster than the Rear...

Some say that they don't like the CIIs in the wet,,, I've not noticed any ill traits in that regard on either the '05 or the '09,,, Ride & Handling are fine, sure-footed, predictable, no ill traits in any situation, just the the 18s don't have the sporty feel of the smaller 16s (different cross sections??? compounds???),,,  I have >70k miles on each Bike... Both Bikes have Glide-Pro Bushings and Sorted Suspensions...

On the '05 ( OE 402s) consistently 11-12k to a Rear, 2 Rears to a Front, the CIIs seem to be wearing perfectly even at around 14k with plenty of Tread remaining...

Go figure :nixweiss:

From what I've read the Comander ll tyres  are getting as much as 25k .

A Quote from Michelin;

Various independent tests carried out in the US and Europe have come to the conclusion that the rear Michelin Commander II motorcycle tyre is capable of covering up to 25,000 miles!! Comparing that with Michelin's direct competition, thats nearly twice the distance. What does that mean for the front then? Well the longevity of the front tyre is even greater. The Michelin Commander 2 creates a new standard when it comes to durability.

J.D.

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 12:33:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.