Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 FLHTKSE - Boom Box, no audio.  (Read 571 times)

fxe77rebel

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

2014 FLHTKSE - Boom Box, no audio.
« on: October 18, 2018, 01:16:08 PM »

Hi - The box powers up fine, everything appears to work except no audio at all. Occasionally right at startup, I'll get audio for about 3 seconds then silence. On rare occasions, it'll actually work. I've searched this and other forums looking for clues or suggestions on a repair. I contacted Ironcross audio and they won't touch a Boom Box. Is anyone aware of a reputable service shop that can repair this? I am out of warranty and really can't shell out $1500 for a replacement.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 2014 FLHTKSE - Boom Box, no audio.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:49:45 AM »

I don't know if this helps but it was posted earlier here on the site.

This is out of the 2014 Touring electrical diagnostic manual. To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Available when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.
Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores factory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration.

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 21 queries.