Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: S&SMK45 Slip ons on a 19 CVO-HELP  (Read 2643 times)

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

S&SMK45 Slip ons on a 19 CVO-HELP
« on: April 21, 2019, 12:24:31 AM »

All. Hope this isn't posted anywhere else. My apologies if this is a double post.

I have a Blue Mako and was told by S&S and by Fuel Moto(where I bought them) that they fit my bike. I cannot find videos or pics anywhere that show them fitting with my extended bags and the heat shields. As you know with these blue mako's the heat shields are not your traditional black or chrome.

Do you know if these will fit with heat shields and bags? Any pics would definitely ease my mind.

Thank you kindly and ride safe.

14 CVO King

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE
Re: S&SMK45 Slip ons on a 19 CVO-HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 01:07:58 PM »

The S&S MK45 is a 4.5" slip-on, they will fit the bike but the stock heat shields will not fit on them.  The stock slip slip-ons are 4", so you would have to find a 4" slip-on to be able to use your heat shields.

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 06:44:10 PM »

As mentioned above the heat shields will not fit on the 4.5” mufflers. I have a ‘19 Mako and have the S&S Grand Nationals and use the stock heat shields. Down side is they are a little short and the Defiance tips will not fit on them. The sound very similar to the 4.5”. I’m currently running mine with the DB reducers removed but will put them back in for long road trips.
Not sure if you like them but the TAB slip ons fit with the stock heat shields and you can use the Defiance tips on them, just have to drill a couple of holes. They make 3 different baffles but the Zombies baffles I’ve heard and for me they are way to loud.
Good Luck..

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 07:39:25 PM »

Well guys no offense but they fit just fine with the S&S MK45's. I put them on today and absolutely no space issues. I am posting a video to youtube to show they do fit with no issues.

So it begs the question why do you guys think it wouldn't work did you try it or did you believe what people say? Would hope before making people believe it won't work people would actually try it.

Trust me if I could get the TAB slip ons I would but I live in Commi California so can't have them. If I could I would grab them. They are 50 state EPA compliant but not CARB (Cali Air Resources board) approved. So I'm screwed.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 10:20:46 PM »

Well guys no offense but they fit just fine with the S&S MK45's. I put them on today and absolutely no space issues. I am posting a video to youtube to show they do fit with no issues.

So it begs the question why do you guys think it wouldn't work did you try it or did you believe what people say? Would hope before making people believe it won't work people would actually try it.

Trust me if I could get the TAB slip ons I would but I live in Commi California so can't have them. If I could I would grab them. They are 50 state EPA compliant but not CARB (Cali Air Resources board) approved. So I'm screwed.
I run the TAB slip ons with my Mako and have never had any CA issues. Have even been pulled over for "allegedly" speeding and cop was following me for a while trying to clock me (thank God for my radar detector) and he gave me a warning for speed but didn't say anything about mufflers.
Alan

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 10:32:28 PM »

I run the TAB slip ons with my Mako and have never had any CA issues. Have even been pulled over for "allegedly" speeding and cop was following me for a while trying to clock me (thank God for my radar detector) and he gave me a warning for speed but didn't say anything about mufflers.

Can you tell me where you got them from? I can't find a place to sell them to me because they are not CARB compliant.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 10:33:36 PM »

Can you tell me where you got them from? I can't find a place to sell them to me because they are not CARB compliant.
dealer got them for me. Biggs HD in San Marcos CA
Alan

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 10:35:25 PM »

Wow! Familiar with that dealer. Ones up here won't. Maybe I can get them to order and ship to me

Do yours have the zombie baffles?

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 10:37:47 PM »

You can also go to TAB and buy directly from them:
https://www.tabperformance.com/harley-2017-touring-fl-black-exhaust-pipe-mufflers-p/121-2295.htm
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 10:38:30 PM »

Wow! Familiar with that dealer. Ones up here won't. Maybe I can get them to order and ship to me

Do yours have the zombie baffles?
Yes, love the Zombie's!
Alan

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 10:39:36 PM »

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »

As mentioned above the heat shields will not fit on the 4.5” mufflers. I have a ‘19 Mako and have the S&S Grand Nationals and use the stock heat shields. Down side is they are a little short and the Defiance tips will not fit on them. The sound very similar to the 4.5”. I’m currently running mine with the DB reducers removed but will put them back in for long road trips.
Not sure if you like them but the TAB slip ons fit with the stock heat shields and you can use the Defiance tips on them, just have to drill a couple of holes. They make 3 different baffles but the Zombies baffles I’ve heard and for me they are way to loud.
Good Luck..

Actually the do work just thought I would let you know. Bot sure where you heard they wouldnt but in my view you received bad information.

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 05:57:53 PM »

The S&S MK45 is a 4.5" slip-on, they will fit the bike but the stock heat shields will not fit on them.  The stock slip slip-ons are 4", so you would have to find a 4" slip-on to be able to use your heat shields.

Just thought I would tell you they do work. No issues. And they look great. Not sure where you received your info but it isnt correct.

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 07:17:24 PM »

Yes, love the Zombie's!

my bike got here Saturday need to do exhaust soon
u runnin sock head pipe allen ??
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »

did u post a video ??
 congrats on your new bike
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 07:23:22 PM »

did u post a video ??
 congrats on your new bike

Yes I did. You should be able to watch it here.

Watch "2019 CVO Blue Mako with S&S Mk45's. Stock Muffler Heat Shields WILL work." on YouTube

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 09:21:51 PM »

how do you like the sound of the s&s?  from the videos i've seen, i like the sound better than the tab w/zombie baffles.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Lakerfn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 10:33:56 PM »

how do you like the sound of the s&s?  from the videos i've seen, i like the sound better than the tab w/zombie baffles.

I love them better than Rineharts very very deep and throaty. I believe the TABs are great for being loud and certainly rival Thunderheaders but S&S would be comparable to Rinehart and V&H which I have had both. These S&S are far above both of them, in my opinion

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 12:42:04 AM »

Yes I did. You should be able to watch it here.

Watch "2019 CVO Blue Mako with S&S Mk45's. Stock Muffler Heat Shields WILL work." on YouTube

wanna hear them!
Alan
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.