Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: “You got to be kidding, right?”  (Read 7070 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: “You got to be kidding, right?”
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2019, 04:36:42 PM »

I do carry my owner's manual in the tourpak everywhere I go.  I do have room but really, it doesn't take up that much space.  I also carry a current, magazine size atlas with me, too because it's nice to have something that can't break or not respond when you actually need it.  I don't carry the boom book, however (but I did read it when first purchased).  I've learned pretty much what I need so mostly on trips just use it for the radio and/or thumb drive.  I rarely go to the navigation but know how to use it if I do need to find something and it's not on my paper map.  I have issues in trying to navigate a road, operate a motorcycle and read a map while going down the road so it's better to have it off or reference it (or my paper map) when I'm stopped for gas/bathroom break... ;D

I would not carry my boom book in the bike either, IF I HAD ONE. It would be nice to have it for reference when I needed it. Dealer is not much help as the cvo has differences compared to the other models they sell. Most of their staff are not expected to learn ALL the nuances of these systems. Theirs is to SELL and let the customer learn on their own without any factory customer service. Unacceptable IMO.
It would be nice if the factory would do updated inserts like other industries do with their manuals.
We used to get them all the time in the business I was in.
What’s the problem with that??
JMHO
 :soapbox:
HOGMIKE

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »

I get frustrated reading these comments, too. You're talking about a 200+ page manual for a complicated hardware product (Boom! Box GTS) that receives regular software updates. These updates normally require changes to the manual, especially if functionality or procedures have been amended.

The printed manual delivered with a 2019 bike in the fall of 2018, for example, is already woefully out of date. The online version of the GTS manual has gone through many revisions already and was last updated two days ago.

I can see the logic in providing a printed version of the motorcycle owners manual because the info contained there isn't likely to change significantly over time. But I can completely understand why a printed version of the GTS manual has been deemed illogical and counterproductive from an end-user experience perspective.

I am talking about a 42K plus bike, with an infotainment system that needs a manual so you can find out all the features.  And Harley has the nerve not to provide it.  Harley keeps working hard to push loyal customers away.

No the manual is not out of date.  Not one of the software updates to the GTS has change how the head unit operates. 
The manual explains how to operate it and its features.  All of the software updates have been to correct functions that are not working correctly, or working at all.  All updates are to correct programing issues, not user interface. 

Same thing with the 2014 head unit though 2018, no changes in operation or the manual but more than 10 software updates.

A 30K chevy comes with a owners manual and a infotainment system manual.  Shouldn't be to much to expect a 42K toy to come with manuals. 

I'm on my 7th Touring CVO since 2009.  Price keeps going up, and content keeps going down.  Not a good business plan on Harleys part.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

GB506

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2019, 08:31:41 PM »

No the manual is not out of date.

If it’s not out of date, why do they keep updating it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2019, 08:16:56 PM »

If it’s not out of date, why do they keep updating it?

Point to a change in the manual that has something to do with the features, or operation in the head unit?  There are none.  Why, no features or operations have change and none will.

Just like the 14 Head unit, no changes in operation or features for over 4 years.  Many updates, more then ten.

Again, a 40K bike and no infotainment manual is wrong.  When cheap cars with less complex infotainment systems come with one. Again when they cut content on the bike, and raise the price. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

GB506

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2019, 08:31:37 PM »

Point to a change in the manual that has something to do with the features, or operation in the head unit?  There are none.  Why, no features or operations have change and none will.

Just like the 14 Head unit, no changes in operation or features for over 4 years.  Many updates, more then ten.

Again, a 40K bike and no infotainment manual is wrong.  When cheap cars with less complex infotainment systems come with one. Again when they cut content on the bike, and raise the price.

Clearly you’ve pored over every minute change....

Last post in this thread for me. I didn’t sign up here to argue with people.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »

Clearly you’ve pored over every minute change....

Last post in this thread for me. I didn’t sign up here to argue with people.

There may be a fine line between “discussion” and “argue”.
But to those who are TRYING to figure out how to work the new system, the frustration level keeps increasing.
Don’t know if this is the latest “update, revision, change” or whatever you want to call it, but unlike Apple or other companies who TELL you what has changed, Harley just says “update”
HOGMIKE

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2019, 09:22:00 AM »

There may be a fine line between “discussion” and “argue”.
But to those who are TRYING to figure out how to work the new system, the frustration level keeps increasing.
Don’t know if this is the latest “update, revision, change” or whatever you want to call it, but unlike Apple or other companies who TELL you what has changed, Harley just says “update”

So far the "updates" for my 2017 Infotaint have wasted my time and not fixed any of the issues I have experienced.  Am not too surprised HD has not bothered itself to tell me that, but it would have been a nice gesture. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2019, 11:32:42 AM »

So far the "updates" for my 2017 Infotaint have wasted my time and not fixed any of the issues I have experienced.  Am not too surprised HD has not bothered itself to tell me that, but it would have been a nice gesture.

Just buy a Road King and issues and stresses are gone....just sayin..

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2019, 03:29:20 PM »

Well yeah, but then I wouldn't have this to bitch about.   ;D

Had a RK from 2001-2016, a nice ride.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »

Well yeah, but then I wouldn't have this to bitch about.   ;D

Had a RK from 2001-2016, a nice ride.

Lol

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2019, 05:20:50 PM »

You got a point there. My 2000 Heritage is way fun to ride.
No FI, no ABS, no infotainment system, no cruise control, no central locking, no reminders when I forget to change oil, put air in the tire, etc. way lighter also.
AND $37000 cheaper!

BUT, for that $37000 I expect the bike to operate as the dealer AND the factory said it would without having to keep bringing it in for warranty repairs AND training from someone who knows less about their product that I do.
Come on sales, service, managers just do what you promised in a timely manner.
HOGMIKE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.