Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Figured i'd ask here because I know HD won't have an answer  (Read 722 times)

Glenncarp

I have played with new GTS GPS for a month now. Did a 300+ trip yesterday, all needing GPS.

Can not for the life of me figure out why there is no option to show distance to next turn. Why the heck would they leave that option off????? Only option is for voice and that does not always work on highway at 80 MPH. They have ridiculous options like time to next turn and temperature to show in right or left window, but no distance to next turn. I guess they though it was more important on a GPS system to know how how or cold it was rather then when to turn??? I tried option "Distance to via" and all it showed was same distance to finish. Along with all other issues you all reported here, praying for fix to this ridiculousness in next update. Calling deaf ears HD Monday.

No wonder younger riders, who love technology go elsewhere for motorcycles.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:04:14 PM by Glenncarp »

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Re: Figured i'd ask here because I know HD won't have an answer
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 05:54:05 PM »

I don't think there is a way to do that. Can't figure it out on my 16 either, would be nice cause I have missed a few turns when using it.

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 05:56:51 PM »

On my 16 I had it on the Boom Box, on the GTS system, no g0

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 07:20:44 PM »

before last upgrade if you scroll down to highlight m=next turn and click on it will come up all next turns and the distance to that turn including first. After upgrade it lost distance to first turn so I had dealer flash back to previous version as I want to know how far away I am from next turn especially when I have no clue where I am which happens often. Assuming by next upgrade that will be fixed or I won't do that either
Alan

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 07:20:24 AM »

My dealer had me put issues in an email so he could forward on to harley tech's.  GPS off up to 70 yards for turn, distance to next turn freezing after 1st waypoint along with a few others.  I also said i was using Harley Route Planner when building routes.  Expected response from HD.  Issues noted but no assurance they would be fixed.

Glenncarp

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 04:00:46 PM »

I have played with new GTS GPS for a month now. Did a 300+ trip yesterday, all needing GPS.

Can not for the life of me figure out why there is no option to show distance to next turn. Why the heck would they leave that option off????? Only option is for voice and that does not always work on highway at 80 MPH. They have ridiculous options like time to next turn and temperature to show in right or left window, but no distance to next turn. I guess they though it was more important on a GPS system to know how how or cold it was rather then when to turn??? I tried option "Distance to via" and all it showed was same distance to finish. Along with all other issues you all reported here, praying for fix to this ridiculousness in next update. Calling deaf ears HD Monday.

No wonder younger riders, who love technology go elsewhere for motorcycles.

Called HD Customer service today and relayed my issue. Was told "I will pass it on the the techs, we have never heard of that issue". And there my friends is the issue! 

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.