Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth, Indeed!  (Read 15756 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: An Inconvenient Truth, Indeed!
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »

Water, I have exercised my franchise to cast my vote on important issues of the day (and night) via precisely this same method.  It seems, however, that our structure is more informal.  Finding members where they may be. 

I believe our brothers across the Pond have a more formal organization.  One might take a look at The Official Monster Raving Loony Party.  I believe these are people truly dedicated to their belief systems: http://www.omrlp.com/

It does appear to be more formal.  If we had a website some would immediately request it be taken down, for lack of principles.  Or for spouting principles.  Either way.  Unless someone formally objected.  In that case, exceptions might be made, since nobody ever figured out what the platform was and they might be on to something.

Reminds me, this place could use a Friday beer thread.  I wonder if starting one on Monday is too soon?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2007, 12:01:26 PM »

Reminds me, this place could use a Friday beer thread.  I wonder if starting one on Monday is too soon?

I would say most definitely not too soon.  After all, it's important to work our up to the important things.  A guy has to pace himself in these advancing years.  Starting to drink on Monday to work up to Friday seems like just responsible drinking to me.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »

I would say most definitely not too soon.  After all, it's important to work our up to the important things.  A guy has to pace himself in these advancing years.  Starting to drink on Monday to work up to Friday seems like just responsible drinking to me.

I never had a brother.  That anyone told me about, anyway.  Yet somehow, we might be related....

I will buy the first round. :drink:

harleydiva

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2007, 02:04:16 PM »

Do you get crackers with those Jello Shooters?...it helps later on.

I have partaken of the Blue test tube shooters with a nice lady on my lap once or twice...now THAT was true witnessing!!

I bet that was a sight to see. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »

I never had a brother.  That anyone told me about, anyway.  Yet somehow, we might be related....

I will buy the first round. :drink:

Ski, me either (a brother).  But there's kinship there somewhere  :drink: .

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2007, 09:13:24 AM »

Ski, me either (a brother).  But there's kinship there somewhere  :drink: .

Agreed. :drink:

Wondering.... I have been a CNR for quite a few years now.  Very proud of the numerous contributions to society, etc. and was wondering if you are also a CNR (Certified Nipple Reader)?  I read only the femalian variety of nipplages BTW.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2007, 11:33:51 AM »

Agreed. :drink:

Wondering.... I have been a CNR for quite a few years now.  Very proud of the numerous contributions to society, etc. and was wondering if you are also a CNR (Certified Nipple Reader)?  I read only the femalian variety of nipplages BTW.

I have my rating.  But it got me in trouble once.  The only time I can ever remember actually being embarassed came as a result.

A buddy was in hospital.  "Liquid diet" orders and lots of other restrictions.  Anything he ingested was coming through a straw or a baby bottle contraption.

His favorite beverage was a particular Scotch.  So I was going to get a bottle and tape the top of a baby bottle to it take to the hospital. 

Wanding around this convenience/liquor store.  It has a small section of baby-type supplies so I know these things should be there somewhere.  After a few minutes give up and walk to the counter to ask for help.  This cherubic looking very early 20s young lady beams a huge smile and asks "can I help you."  Without really thinking it through I ask "where do you keep your nipples?"

At first she had this rather surprised look on her face.  Then she actually grinned a little. The I realized what I'd said and tried to explain that I was looking the nipple tops for the baby bottles.  She laughed.  I felt 99 and 44/100% stupid.  But it all ended well.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2007, 11:55:25 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2007, 07:42:01 PM »

I leave the lights on all day.

I start my car and let it run for an hour extra in the morning.

I run my gas logs with the windows open.

I run my Kerosene heater in the garage with the door open

I drive with OD off to run at a higher RPM.

I pull my pontoon boat around weather I use it or not.

Bottom line is...I've tried to expand my carbon footprint to the size of Al Gore's so I will be following his principles but I just can't expend that much energy no matter what I do.
Unapologetically American!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.