CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Head Porting

(1/1)

ShoreRider:
Just purchased a 2015 CVO Street Glide with 1871 miles. It is a stock 110" CVO motor but for Rinehart slip-ons. I have roughly 1.5-2K to upgrade the motor and get as much torque/hp out of it as I can within that budget. Everything I have researched and read is that a cam swap, exhaust upgrade (get rid of stock head pipes), and tuner will not get me the best gains without getting the compression up.

Given my budget, the following questions, under the assumption that I am well versed in installing the new cams, lifters, and pushrods.

1). Will 1.5-2K be enough to get heads ported sufficiently and purchase the cam and components needed to take advantage of the porting?
2). If $$ aren't sufficient, what is the best use of the $$ to get max performance and then heads ported next winter?

I ride 1-up 75% of the time and have a heavy hand, routinely getting close to red line while banging through the gears: whether going light to light, or rolling her up on the interstate, or on country back roads and sweepers.

Thanks in advance for the opinions and suggestions

FLSTFI Dave:
Porting your heads is not cheep if you want them done right.  Don, at https://hdstreetperformance.com/ has done both twin cam and M-8 heads for me.  He is very knowledgeable about selecting cams to match the compression.

Call him and talk to him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version