Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: New wheels 18" or 21"  (Read 9283 times)

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
New wheels 18" or 21"
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:44:52 AM »

I am about to pull the trigger on new wheels and tires for my 05 103 Road Glide.I am going with Renegade wheels either Phoenix or Monterey.Rear tire will be Metzeler 160/60R18.I need some advice on front size.I had 18's on my last FLHT and was happy with the handling.Does anyone have experience with 21"wheels with a 120/70-21 tire?
  thanks,Wayne
2005 Road Glide  htcc 103

hogasm

Re: New wheels 18" or 21"
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »

I am about to pull the trigger on new wheels and tires for my 05 103 Road Glide.I am going with Renegade wheels either Phoenix or Monterey.Rear tire will be Metzeler 160/60R18.I need some advice on front size.I had 18's on my last FLHT and was happy with the handling.Does anyone have experience with 21"wheels with a 120/70-21 tire?
  thanks,Wayne

I have that exact set up on my 04 SEEG....looks great....handles ok.....

Problem 1: rear tire wont give you mileage you expect....go with a 150 and mileage will increase greatly and some dealers carry them in stock now.... but not the 160's

Problem 2: front tire changes the height of the front end which makes the front feel lighter...doesn't handle as well as a 18" ...also can't find one on the road if you are traveling and have a flat.....trust me on this one...unless you don't mind waiting for the shop to order one from Drag or some other wholesaler.

If your bike is a trailer queen or a bar hopper then a 150x18....120x21 is a looker :2vrolijk_21:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 09:58:47 AM »

It's just my opinion but I prefer the beefier look of the 18".  I can't comment on the handling difference.  Is the additional cost of a new rim a factor in your decision?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:21:34 PM »

Hi Wayne,

I am running Renegade Monterey series 150/70-18 on the rear and 120/70-21 on the front.

Pro's
I love the looks!  Definitely get comments about them.
Handling (to me) improved.  Bike height means better clearance and no more dragging in corners.  I also believe it helped with the infamous high speed wobble these bikes tend to show at undesirable moments.  I have never ran an 18” so I can’t comment about that size compared to stock.

Con's
Availability?  I ride this bike about 30k a year.  To me it is only a concern.  I keep a list of distributors and HD shops that keep the sizes on hand.  If you ever need one on the road they can be a day away via air freight.  Of course it would cost more for air freight but at least you get back on the road quickly if needed.  Sometimes a flat tire is a good excuse to be late right?

Get them setup correctly.  When I bought these wheels the local shop I used to put them on have to make a special spacers to get the rear to fit.  It was not quite the right size and I wore out the floating rotor in about 3k.  Once this got sized right there has not been any issues in regards to the rear.  I think that if you bring this up to Renegade when you order them they now supply that spacer.  They didn't when I bought them.

The front is a different story.  I live in Seattle and as far as I knew the fit was correct out of the box.  I ran through the first tire with no issues.  This summer though I was on a trip to Arizona and California.  I learned that I did not have enough clearance between tire and fender.  It was admittedly my fault and only showed itself at a high temperature (105F) and 115 MPH.  Burned the paint towards the rear part of the fender.  I am currently looking for the best solutions to this problem.

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »

Hi Wayne,

I am running Renegade Monterey series 150/70-18 on the rear and 120/70-21 on the front.

Pro's
I love the looks!  Definitely get comments about them.
Handling (to me) improved.  Bike height means better clearance and no more dragging in corners.  I also believe it helped with the infamous high speed wobble these bikes tend to show at undesirable moments.  I have never ran an 18” so I can’t comment about that size compared to stock.

Con's
Availability?  I ride this bike about 30k a year.  To me it is only a concern.  I keep a list of distributors and HD shops that keep the sizes on hand.  If you ever need one on the road they can be a day away via air freight.  Of course it would cost more for air freight but at least you get back on the road quickly if needed.  Sometimes a flat tire is a good excuse to be late right?

Get them setup correctly.  When I bought these wheels the local shop I used to put them on have to make a special spacers to get the rear to fit.  It was not quite the right size and I wore out the floating rotor in about 3k.  Once this got sized right there has not been any issues in regards to the rear.  I think that if you bring this up to Renegade when you order them they now supply that spacer.  They didn't when I bought them.

The front is a different story.  I live in Seattle and as far as I knew the fit was correct out of the box.  I ran through the first tire with no issues.  This summer though I was on a trip to Arizona and California.  I learned that I did not have enough clearance between tire and fender.  It was admittedly my fault and only showed itself at a high temperature (105F) and 115 MPH.  Burned the paint towards the rear part of the fender.  I am currently looking for the best solutions to this problem.

Zombie, my 04 wobble went the other way with my set up. I never had the dreaded wobble till I changed to the 18-21 set up. It is so bad that I went back to the 16-16 stock set up and it went away. The look though called my name so much that I went back to the 18-21 and decided to not go over 80 till I found a way to stop it. It is soo bad of a wobble that some people that have ridden the bike have stopped before returning the bike to me and asked me to come and get it.

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• My Website
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »

I honestly can't say that this setup "fixed" the wobble but it did seem to help at least to me in regard to center of gravity.  I know I may get replies about this next statement but I “think” a contributor to wobble is center of gravity changes that the factory did on this bike by lowering it.  I noticed my wobbles occurred when I was traveling light in the rear meaning no passenger or tour pack.  With that said the 21 pushes more weight to the rear by changing the center of gravity.

My first wobble was the third week I had the bike.  It scared me so bad I wanted to return the bike but I loved it so much.  My steps from first to last are listed below.

Tru Track
Stiffer shock fluid
Got rid of Dunlops and replaced with Metzler
Adjusted the Swing-by.  It was WAY TOO TIGHT from the factory!!
LEARN TO TRUST THE BIKE AGAIN AND LOOSEN UP ON THE DEATH GRIP!!

This was all done within one month and I cannot say if just one of those things fixed it or was a combination of all.

I bought the Renegade wheels at a show and one of my requests before purchase was to left me test ride their FLHTCSE2 that was there.  With MUCH hesitation they finally let me ride it.  The first thing I did was take it on grooved roads and then on a straight away at high speed.  I then threw it through some corners but could not get the wobble.  I do admit I did not try really hard.  Once one has experienced that wobble you don't want that feeling again!!

I retraced and rode the same corner that the wobble occurred.  It is my best belief that the contributors was a corner at 90MPH that had dips in it.  I believe it was the combination of speed and the dips that started the wobble motion.  It is sad but these bikes do not like speed.  I did call the factory and the general statement provided was "it is not proper to exceed the 70MPH max limit".  Yea, sure, a 103 and you can't take it over 70MPH.  I try to refrain from anything over 90MPH but you know how that goes sometimes.  You just gotta do it!  I think my next bagger will be a road glide as I have heard they just don't do that wobble thing.

One more thing.  I have read of guys changing the front ends springs/cartridges.  I would like to this to mine the level out the bike again after the 21 raised it but I am still not sold that this might bring the wobble back.

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »

I'm thinking of going with the 18-18 does anyone have a tire size for the front that will work best? Pland on going with 150/70-18 on the rear and thinking 130/70-18 on the front.

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 08:39:35 PM »

My wheels on 07 SERK are corroding so dealer will replace. Went with Covington Customs 21 on front and 18 on rear. Talked with a couple of folks who changed to 21 and they felt it handled better. Will replace the fender mount to accommodate the new wheel. I definitely like the look. Also adding progressive air tail with compressor to change ride height on the fly.

Rooster452

h-d mikey

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 SESG Citrus & Gun Stock
    • CVO2: 2000 SERG Triple Red
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 09:31:06 PM »

I have a 18 inch - 150 Metzeler on the rear and a 18 inch - 140 Metzeler on the front of a road king, I love the looks and the ride, I was warned about the 21 inch front and did not try.

For what its worth!

h-d mikey
2012 SESG Citrus & Gun Stock
2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise (Wrecked By Harley)
2009 SERG Orange & Black (SOLD)
2005 SEEG Banana (SOLD)
2000 SERG Triple Red (SOLD)
1999 Fat Boy (Custom Everthing)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 07:49:40 AM »

I have run the 16", 18" and 21". IMO the ride was best with the 18". The 21" steers faster as there is slightly less contact patch (around 10mm+/-). As posted above the 21" raises the bike. I installed a 1" lowering kit and while I was in there a set of Progressive springs. As for the fender what I have done is open up the back two fender mounting holes by two drill bit sizes. This allows the fender to be tilted ever so slightly forward. It is just enough to eliminate fender/tire contact. As for tire width I have run a rear 130, 140 and 150. I feathered the 150 pretty bad (my fault) and on my bike it is a close fit. I'm going with another 140 this time around. As mentioned above the only concern would be IF you needed one on the road while traveling. With the amount of bikes running the wide 21's I'm not concerned about it. Sure the HD dealer may not carry one but my bikes haven't been in a dealer since new in 01! An indy shop will have or can get one overnight.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 09:34:03 AM »

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post.I am leaning toward the 21/18 setup.according to metzeler's website the 120/70-21 me880 is rated at 584# and the 160/60R18 is rated at 882# for a total of 1466#.Total capacity of the stock Dunlops is 1691#.Is 1466# adequate for a Road Glide. I estimate total load at 1329# based on harleys listed wet weight of 789# ,250# rider,140# passenger and 150# for saddlebag and tour pack load.Is this realistic.I cant find the GVWR listed for this bike.Switching to a 140/70-18 raises the rating to 1559#.I ran the 18/18 setup on my 99 FLHT with a 140 rear tire and had no problems except poor wear caused by running Harleys recommended pressure instead of metzelers higher pressures. The bike is ridden 2 up with a chopped tour pack most of the time although not heavily loaded (just day trip items jackets rain suits etc) I have attached a picture of the 99 FLHT .I don't have any of the RG yet but I will as soon as the wheels are on. Thanks for the help. Wayne

IRyde

• Full CVO Member

• My Website
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »

i look forward to seeing the pic of your RG when you get them on.

MikeD

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 09:20:04 AM »

I went with the 21" on the front, Renegade South Beach.  I love them.  The handling is great too.  I was apprehensive on cornering and just normal riding with a thiner tire, however, it rides great and looks unreal!!!  I'll post some later.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post.I am leaning toward the 21/18 setup.according to metzeler's website the 120/70-21 me880 is rated at 584# and the 160/60R18 is rated at 882# for a total of 1466#.Total capacity of the stock Dunlops is 1691#.Is 1466# adequate for a Road Glide. I estimate total load at 1329# based on harleys listed wet weight of 789# ,250# rider,140# passenger and 150# for saddlebag and tour pack load.Is this realistic.I cant find the GVWR listed for this bike.Switching to a 140/70-18 raises the rating to 1559#.I ran the 18/18 setup on my 99 FLHT with a 140 rear tire and had no problems except poor wear caused by running Harleys recommended pressure instead of metzelers higher pressures. The bike is ridden 2 up with a chopped tour pack most of the time although not heavily loaded (just day trip items jackets rain suits etc) I have attached a picture of the 99 FLHT .I don't have any of the RG yet but I will as soon as the wheels are on. Thanks for the help. Wayne

When I did my wheels, I was cautioned by Metzler about going to the 160/60 rear tire, if my main use of the bike was for what it was intended...touring.  Not that the tire won't work, but because the tire does not have the volume of air necessary to disipate the heat that builds up in the tire when two up, and particularly two up and loaded for a trip.  If you use that tire, expect no more than 5k in mileage out of the rear, and it is not an easy tire to find on the road if you have a problem.  Certainly, any shop can have one shipped overnight, but expect some down time if you have a flat, or the tire suddenly wears out on you while on a trip...I learned the hard way that once a tire gets to a certain point in it's wear, it goes FAST!!!  Also, IMO, you cannot look only at the total load rating for both tires combined...MUCH more of the weight distribution is on the rear tire when you are two up and loaded, so it is the most critical one to look at.  95% of the time, my SEUC is ridden two up, and the vast majority of that time is loaded with several days worth of luggage....for the reasons stated, I chose to go with a 140/90X16 rear and a 140/70X18 front....both Metzlers.  I have been very happy with my decision.

If you go with the 21" on front, definitely take measures to clearance the front fender if you use the stock front fender.  More than one person has discovered that the hard way too.  A 19" front does not give you that problem.  Not trying to suggest not doing what you want to do, but I did a LOT of research and calling on this subject, and just offering food for thought.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »

T.C. you have me thinking about that rear tire choice now. Metzeler shows a 160/70b17 .This is a bias ply belted v rated tire with a load rating of 963#.height is 25.75 vs.25.79 for the 160/60r18 .A negligable difference which would keep the difference front to rear the same with either tire whether the front is 18" or 21".any ideas or cautions with this tire? I know the new SERKS USE A 17/18 combo.Maybe some one has used this tire.                thanks, Wayne

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »

T.C. you have me thinking about that rear tire choice now. Metzeler shows a 160/70b17 .This is a bias ply belted v rated tire with a load rating of 963#.height is 25.75 vs.25.79 for the 160/60r18 .A negligable difference which would keep the difference front to rear the same with either tire whether the front is 18" or 21".any ideas or cautions with this tire? I know the new SERKS USE A 17/18 combo.Maybe some one has used this tire.                thanks, Wayne

The SERK3/4 does have wider 17" rear radial tires, but the swingarm and fender are wider that the SEUC's/SEEG's. So don't go by what fits the SERK when determining what to put on your SEUC or SEEG. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 04:04:50 PM »

Hoist,thanks for the tip.These tires are going on my '05Road Glide.I got tired of waiting for Harley to do another SERG so I'm doing my own.Metzeler website shows 160/18 as stage 2 upgrade.May have to trim belt guard.I don't know why they list this combo if they are going to caution not to use it .  Wayne

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 04:07:52 PM »

I have an 01 SERG and there is no way I could get a 160 in there. I have a 150 on there now and it close. So close that I'm going back to the 140 as you can't see it on my bike anyway.
2023 CVO Road Glide

hogasm

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 05:08:21 PM »

Hoist,thanks for the tip.These tires are going on my '05Road Glide.I got tired of waiting for Harley to do another SERG so I'm doing my own.Metzeler website shows 160/18 as stage 2 upgrade.May have to trim belt guard.I don't know why they list this combo if they are going to caution not to use it .  Wayne

The swingarm on the 05 will accommodate a 160 read tire. I have had 3 of them in the last 12000 miles on my 04 SEEG. They dont last at all like Terry said. You will have to trim a little off the plastic belt guard for the tire to clear.
I went back to a 150 on the rear. 18" diameter. It has a better load rating than the 160 does.

Like I have said before it is all in what you want....a touring bike....or a bar hopper.....and that is why they list it....because we will buy it
                                                                              150 or 140               160

hogasm

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »

Here is a 160 on an 18" x 4.25"rim....tight fit
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 05:39:03 PM by hogasm »

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 05:20:14 PM »

That's a lot of meat in tight fit -- Good luck it's your A$$  ;D your bettin' on , Sure looks nice  ;D

hogasm

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 05:24:16 PM »

Tires wear funny with the 160 on rear when you ride loaded up on a road trip. I think I got 7500 out of this tire. The most out of all 3.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »

Tires wear funny with the 160 on rear when you ride loaded up on a road trip. I think I got 7500 out of this tire. The most out of all 3.

That's not only wear is it? It looks like it was rubbing. :o

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 05:35:13 PM »

Heres a Metzeler 150 on a 18"x3.5".
2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 05:36:50 PM »

Hoist! 8)
Rubbing on the pavement at a high rate of speed! ;D
2023 CVO Road Glide

hogasm

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 05:38:25 PM »

The 18" rear rim on my bike is 4.25" wide..........forgot to mention that above........I will change the other posts

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 05:38:59 PM »

I'm not getting much more at 9k sometimes 10k.

This last one is coming off at only 4k as I must have had the wrong amount of air in it and it feathered bad. It is to the point it wants to hop in the corners.  :-[
2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 05:40:08 PM »

The 18" rear rim on my bike is 4.25" wide..........forgot to mention that above........I will change the other posts
That would flatten the tire some and give you more contact patch, thus more heat. Just guessing.
2023 CVO Road Glide

hogasm

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Howie that is the tire that was on the bike for the Nelson trip. Bike was loaded down with the tourpack full. A loaded bag on top of the tourpack and a loaded bag on the passanger seat.
I was very careful about the air pressure...42lbs....but later found out that that was not enough....should have been 50lbs.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 05:47:14 PM »

Howie that is the tire that was on the bike for the Nelson trip. Bike was loaded down with the tourpack full. A loaded bag on top of the tourpack and a loaded bag on the passanger seat.
I was very careful about the air pressure...42lbs....but later found out that that was not enough....should have been 50lbs.

So it was rubbing, huh! ;)

Hoist! 8)

hogasm

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:18:29 PM by hogasm »

JWKHD1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 08:22:43 PM »

Hogasm and Puzzled,what brand were the 150/18's and what profile were they?Bias or radial? The only one I have specs for is Metzeler 150/70B18 at 739#.

hogasm

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »

Rear tire.....160/60VR-18"        149mph radial

new tire 150/70VB-18"        149mph bias

can't find the load ratings.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 09:03:36 PM »

I have a Metzler 150 at 739#

The 140 Metz is 805#

Most of the other brands I looked at had considerably lower weight ratings.
Kenda is 675# for a 140.
Duro is 677# for a 140. A new company here in the states I was willing to try.
Avon is #635 for a 140.
2023 CVO Road Glide

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 08:04:13 AM »

Kenda is 675# for a 140.

Is that the same tire company that makes the POS tires for trailers?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 08:11:04 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 08:08:28 AM »

More than likely.  ;D
2023 CVO Road Glide

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 08:23:37 AM »

I have a 30' Sunnybrook trailer, and because of this site I found a similar site for the Sunnybrook's.

There were a lot of horror stories about the Kenda's, especially with the bigger trailers.

Enough so that people were changing them out to the Goodyear's, sometimes before the trailers were taken off the lot.

Most of the time the failures were only one tire, but several times there were catastrophic failures of two, probably in quick succession because of the sudden load increase. Some of these doubles resulted in rollovers.

I have Goodyear "E"'s on mine  :2vrolijk_21: And when I ordered my bike trailer I spec-ed it with Goodyear's.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 21 queries.