Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windshield Wipers  (Read 1008 times)

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
Windshield Wipers
« on: January 18, 2008, 05:49:16 PM »

The only complaints that I have had on my last two Dodge trucks is their windshield wipers. The "96" wipers were in a well below the hood line. The "04"'s wipers are at least not hidden. The "96" required a dig out after a snow. The truck I have now is useless when it is wet and cold. The arms freeze and the blades don't even touch the windshield. My question is, what can I replace the wipers with that will work in the wet and cold ? I'm sure someone here has the answer. Please, No remove the wiper arms and drive a Ford or Chevy under them answer.
Thanks.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: Windshield Wipers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »

Try Piaa.com/wiperblade   :2vrolijk_21:   also when you leave out side just flip them up off the glass.............. of course dont forget to put them back down before driving off.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:06:14 PM by Gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »

As for the wiper blades, I use the Bosch Icon blades and find them to be much better in icing conditions, similar to special purpose winter blades but with the added advantage of a built in spoiler to keep the blade on the glass at speed.  Looks a lot better than the winter blades too.  The wiper arms themselves shouldn't cause a problem unless ice is building up between the cowl top and the arm, restricting movement or lifting the arm away from the glass.  I don't know of any easy fix for that kind of issue.
http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon.htm

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »

Never tried these, but saw a commercial about them the other day - Rain -X Weatherbeater Windshield Wipers.

Why does it feel like I should say I stayed in Holiday Inn Express last night. :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »

As for the wiper blades, I use the Bosch Icon blades and find them to be much better in icing conditions, similar to special purpose winter blades but with the added advantage of a built in spoiler to keep the blade on the glass at speed.  Looks a lot better than the winter blades too.  The wiper arms themselves shouldn't cause a problem unless ice is building up between the cowl top and the arm, restricting movement or lifting the arm away from the glass.  I don't know of any easy fix for that kind of issue.
http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon.htm

Jerry

I use the same blade as Jerry, as the Iowa Winters can be tough with both ice and snow
Why in the heck did I leave CA  :nixweiss:  I got to remember I like the 4 seasons  :coolblue:
However 4seasons for me would be 15 days of Winter 15 days of Summer and the balance 1/2 of Spring and other 1/2 Fall

Any way Great Wipers IMHO

jeffj

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »

I went down to the local NAPA today and ordered some Icons. They said they would be here Tuesday morning. I could have gone to Terre Haute and bought some today, but I can wait. Thanks for the advice.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.