Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: What a dipstick  (Read 11055 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
What a dipstick
« on: February 15, 2008, 12:13:59 AM »

There are reasons it's a good idea to take something apart then in quick succession put it back together.  The number of bits there are in the disassembly is the multiplier for the number of reason to put it back together quickly.

Tonight I'm grumpy.  Three weeks ago (or so) I started working on the red bike.  Good intention of tearing the top end off one day and putting it back together the next.  Good intentions; yeah, right.

Got it apart.  Then real life intruded.  Didn't touch it again for a couple weeks.  Then the last week or so have taken a half hour here and 45 minutes there.  That kind of thing. 

Went out in the garage 45 minutes or so ago to follow on the little bit done last night.  Last night was sitting the cylinders back down and putting the heads on. 

Tonight uncovered things again.  Grabbed a few tools.  Cleaned off the pushrod tubes.  Grabbed a new set of o-rings for them.  Laid out the rocker boxes, rocker assemblies and their hardware.  And can't find the damned pushrods....

chit

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: What a dipstick
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 01:38:17 AM »

this all sounds somewhat vaguely familiar

this chit happens to all of us man....

tomorrow, it'll all work out

assuming USA 193 doesnt land in your garage , and the Toxic Iceberg crush the jugs...

you'll find 'em

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 04:01:36 AM »

At least you found the pushrod tubes.!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 06:45:34 AM »

There are reasons it's a good idea to take something apart then in quick succession put it back together.  The number of bits there are in the disassembly is the multiplier for the number of reason to put it back together quickly.

Tonight I'm grumpy.  Three weeks ago (or so) I started working on the red bike.  Good intention of tearing the top end off one day and putting it back together the next.  Good intentions; yeah, right.

Got it apart.  Then real life intruded.  Didn't touch it again for a couple weeks.  Then the last week or so have taken a half hour here and 45 minutes there.  That kind of thing. 

Went out in the garage 45 minutes or so ago to follow on the little bit done last night.  Last night was sitting the cylinders back down and putting the heads on. 

Tonight uncovered things again.  Grabbed a few tools.  Cleaned off the pushrod tubes.  Grabbed a new set of o-rings for them.  Laid out the rocker boxes, rocker assemblies and their hardware.  And can't find the damned pushrods....

chit

Mi amigo Don...give a call to Howie...Maybe he is using those... :huepfenjump3:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 07:40:15 AM »

Missing pushrods-Look here Don (in no particular order):

1)  You had take out Chinese a few days ago and forgot using them as chopsticks.

2)  Call sis and see if Parker has any new drum sticks.

3)  That isn't a half a set of small block Chevy pushrods you thought you kept.  

4)  In removing, you saw Zippers stamped on them and tossed them out the side  
     door.

5)  You secretly crave the new SE adjustable pushrods just released.

Hope this jogs your memory Don.

Bob

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 08:17:13 AM »

Don I guess your getting old so welcome to the "OGG" club   "Ole Geezer Gang"    ;D

Hey I have the t-shirt.  I can't remember anything anymore.... but I think my problem is KIDS... Your problem may be the RED BIKE...  ;D ;)

~bubba~
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:19:32 AM by Bubba »
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 08:24:26 AM »

chit

I know the feeling.  I used to be able to remember every little detail of everything.  Either I have become far to busy and preoccupied with work life, or I am just plain getting old.   :(

I now lay everything out in as organized manner as possible and label everything...  All the fasteners or small parts I need to reuse I put in a individual plastic bags with a label and note.  I even have a notebook that I record things that I know I am going to want to remember down the road.

The only thing I lost during my motor rebuild was the tiny snap clip retainer for attaching the cruise control cable to the throttle body.  Of course, a day or two after obtaining a new one, I remembered where the original one was...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 08:29:14 AM »

I'm not the only one.  We put my power commander in a very safe place - we shared the safe place with each other so if one forgot, the other would remember, but when I got my bike back after the engine rebuild, neither of could remember, or find that power commander.  I figured it would pop up the second I bought an alternative, but is still has not surfaced.  I just hate when it happens.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 09:01:19 AM »

I think that is more of a numb-nut than dipstick...But what do I know, I am a dumbass.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 09:03:53 AM »

The 75 year old man was sitting on the park bench crying his eyes out.

A passerby asked him "WHY are you crying?"

He replies: "I struck it rich back during the oil boom and I've got more money than I could possibly ever spend. I have a huge mansion with swimming pools, a 5 car garage three maids and a butler. My wife is 25 years old, built like a brick chithouse, loves to have sex, and waits on me hand and foot."

The passerby asks again, "I still don't understand, why are you crying?"

"I can't remember where I live."
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 09:15:25 AM »

pssst, look inside the push rod tubes
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 09:40:31 AM »

Did you check you back pockets, or in that general area??? ;)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »

Sorry, I can't vote on the poll...I don't like working on engines any more - I lose parts, break things, end up with extra pieces and it turns out to be a little frustrating at times. I would rather have a qualified, reputable mechanic work on my engines while I go out to the range and shoot something and watch it explode or ride a different bike while the work is being done. I congratulate you on performing your own engine work, it takes a person with more patience than me to so I choose X - none of the above on the poll. Good luck keeping motivated to finish the job!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 10:35:19 AM »

Don -just re-wired the LED light bar for the back of the tour pack permanently on Sunday since a wire came loose from my temporary wiring install.  Originally used those wire squeeze clampons so I would not have to cut any wires.  Only about a year or so ago or so - temporarily:nixweiss: A wire came loose & shorted out my running lights Saturday.  In the middle of a weekend overnight with a night ride for dinner.  Glad some buds were along to cover my dumb azz. Forgot my wiring was temporary. 

When I lose something, I look in the same places over & over.  Then look someplace I haven't & there it is. 

Disclaimer: In truth, my wife tells me where it is or where to look.  Would still be looking for stuff from 22 years ago if she were not around to remind me where I hid stuff from myself.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:06:13 PM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 12:23:30 PM »

Latest update:

Still no pushrods.

(farts)

Looked in every drawer in the toolbox.  Looked under and behind the workbench.  Looked in Parker's toy box (you never know).  Looked in all the empty boxes parts came in.  Looked inside the trailer.  Looked in the storage cabinets.  Looked... well... everwhere.

Scott, I know what you mean man.  I used to be the same way.  No detail seemed to escape attention.  No I need glasses and sometimes lose chit. 

All I know is that somewhere there is a ziplock baggy (baggie, sic?; crap, can't spell either) with four pushrods.  All wiped down and individually labeled frt-exh, frt-int, rr-int, rr-exh.  Somewhere.

Until such a time as they choose to make themselves known, however, I am from this day forward claiming Bob's idea as the reason they are gone.  I saw Zippers printed on the tubes.  They would have been the last such part remaining in the engine.  And the Buttonfly Resurrection demanded I throw them away.  So I fed them to Beavers then threw away the Beaver poop.  Just to be thorough.

Of course the only thing I can get local to have in hand for this weekend are the Harley SE adjustables.  That new 08 part number Harley adjustable set is "for release in February" but no dealer I called has the number in their system yet.  May just bite the bullet an overnight a set of Feulings from somewhere.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »

oh yeah....

chit

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 01:23:46 PM »

When I can't find something that I put "where I wouldn't forget it", it's usually in plain sight. ::)
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 01:48:22 PM »

anything I need to find easily goes in the fridge next to the beer....
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 01:53:37 PM »

Latest update:

Still no pushrods.

(farts)

Looked in every drawer in the toolbox.  Looked under and behind the workbench.  Looked in Parker's toy box (you never know).  Looked in all the empty boxes parts came in.  Looked inside the trailer.  Looked in the storage cabinets.  Looked... well... everwhere.

Scott, I know what you mean man.  I used to be the same way.  No detail seemed to escape attention.  No I need glasses and sometimes lose chit. 

All I know is that somewhere there is a ziplock baggy (baggie, sic?; crap, can't spell either) with four pushrods.  All wiped down and individually labeled frt-exh, frt-int, rr-int, rr-exh.  Somewhere.

Until such a time as they choose to make themselves known, however, I am from this day forward claiming Bob's idea as the reason they are gone.  I saw Zippers printed on the tubes.  They would have been the last such part remaining in the engine.  And the Buttonfly Resurrection demanded I throw them away.  So I fed them to Beavers then threw away the Beaver poop.  Just to be thorough.

Of course the only thing I can get local to have in hand for this weekend are the Harley SE adjustables.  That new 08 part number Harley adjustable set is "for release in February" but no dealer I called has the number in their system yet.  May just bite the bullet an overnight a set of Feulings from somewhere.

Get somebody else to look. Pinkie gets called to the basement for this every now and then.

Describe the item and get the heck out so as to not influence the other party.

Most likely, they are hiding in plain sight.

Good luck. At least we know you're not pulling your hair out over this one.  ;)

:indian_chief:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 02:00:14 PM »

Get somebody else to look. Pinkie gets called to the basement for this every now and then.

Describe the item and get the heck out so as to not influence the other party.

Most likely, they are hiding in plain sight.

Good luck. At least we know you're not pulling your hair out over this one.  ;)

:oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »

Look in the refrigerator next to the ketchup. That's where I Cheri find everythings I've misplaced around here. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 02:49:30 PM »

Push rods?  Look around any push up bras. 

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 03:50:54 PM »

well, I'm not gonna comment on this whole episode due to being the oldest rat in the barn and surely the one w/ the worst case of CRS.  I use the bagging, tagging, labeling, and lists, etc......then can't remember where the damned lists are.......but, alcohol will temporarily sooth the pain and frustration and add to the daim bramage.  ??? har! good luck, '2':drink:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BigR55

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 04:06:40 PM »

Hey Naitram, good clue! Try the fridge and the bathroom. :mango:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »

Hey Don-

I still think you forgot you had adjustable pushrods and cut them.   :)

I have heard the Rivera pro taper have worked well for some.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »

When I can't find something that I put "where I wouldn't forget it", it's usually in plain sight. ::)

I tried looking there!  :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 08:02:46 PM »

anything I need to find easily goes in the fridge next to the beer....

In the past year I've found (at separate times) the TV remote and one of the cordless phones in the fridge.  So it has become someplace I alwasy look for anything now.  Pushrods weren't there.... :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 08:05:44 PM »

Hey Don-

I still think you forgot you had adjustable pushrods and cut them.   :)

I have heard the Rivera pro taper have worked well for some.

I bailed this afternoon Bob.  Went to the Harley shop and got a set of the old SE adjustables.  The dealer had only the Harley product and there's no other shop within 100 miles that had anything else.  I would have preferred the Feulings.  But the dealer had these, now, and with a 15% discount this month over the parts counter.  So, screw it, I've got pushrods again and didn't have to do some gawdawful overnight Saturday freight to have them in hand for the weekend.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »

In the past year I've found (at separate times) the TV remote and one of the cordless phones in the fridge.  So it has become someplace I alwasy look for anything now.  Pushrods weren't there.... :nixweiss:

You know, there are some things best kept to yourself...

Like I told the nice police officer in the unmarked squad car that I passed on the way to work (well beyond the speed limit) last summer...  I told him that every so often you do something stupid and tell all your friends about it and give them a laugh at your expense - and occaisionally you do something so stupid that the only thing even more stupid would be to tell your friends about it.  (He laughed and I got a warning ticket)   ??? ??? ??? ::)
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 08:13:43 PM »

You know, there are some things best kept to yourself...

Like I told the nice police officer in the unmarked squad car that I passed on the way to work (well beyond the speed limit) last summer...  I told him that every so often you do something stupid and tell all your friends about it and give them a laugh at your expense - and occaisionally you do something so stupid that the only thing even more stupid would be to tell your friends about it.  (He laughed and I got a warning ticket)   ??? ??? ??? ::)

Hmmm.... 

The phone was the first thing I ever lost in the fridge Scott.  Couldn't find it at all.  Couple of days went by.  With normal household noises never heard it either (must be dark in there!). 

Then one morning about 4:00 AM stumbled out to the kitchen for a glass of water.  While standing there the fridge rang.  Found the phone...

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 09:48:48 PM »

They are laying in the middle of the bench
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 09:55:48 PM »

How about posting pictures of your work area and parts?  We could play a "where's Waldo" pushrod search game!   :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 11:14:58 PM »

How about posting pictures of your work area and parts?  We could play a "where's Waldo" pushrod search game!   :2vrolijk_21:

That might work....  :huepfenlol2:

There actually was one side benefit to the lost pushrods.  While looking in every drawer and nook and cranny in the garage for them I found the set of Zippers cams that had come out of the motor so shortly after they went in.  Had intended to list them for sale on eBay (or something) and forgot I'd stuck them in a drawer.

BigR55

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 12:16:57 AM »

You will find them in the last place you look. So, just skip all those other places and look in the last place! :apple:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 01:01:18 AM »

You will find them in the last place you look. So, just skip all those other places and look in the last place! :apple:

I tried looking the last place I'd look as the first place I looked.  That look predated the preceding look though.  This created the necessity for a redundant pre-look to predate the preceding first look which then had become the third look because of the soon to be second look which had not occurred yet because of the one that came after it.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008, 07:28:35 AM »

When I was much younger, I was famous at a party of having ten or more glasses of my favorite drink.  Not because I drank that much, but because I always set the glass down somewhere and lost it, and just got a new one.  One party - I hosted - I lost my drink before the first guest arrived and I swore I was not allowed a second till first was found.  Well well into party, when reaching for a cloth to clean a spilt something ------ There was my glass, in the linen closet.

Last summer, on our ways to getting ready to travel to Canada, we needed to update our passports.  We could not find them.  We looked extensively for months.  Finally we found them ------ right where we had looked hundreds of times each.  They were on top of a box where we hold pens and pencils.  A 3 x 5 sticky pad on top of the passports.  We had to put our fingers on top of sticky pad, and passports to hold them from sliding off the lid of box as we tilted the lid to look inside.  There they had been all that time - in plain site - but slightly hidden. 

While cooking dinner, I put the cordless phone on the shelf in the spice cabinet on speaker.  If we discover that one of the phones is missing, we look there first.  I can't tell you how many times the lost phone is found in that cabinet. 

hogasm

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »

Disclaimer: In truth, my wife tells me where it is or where to look.  Would still be looking for stuff from 22 years ago if she were not around to remind me where I hid stuff from myself.
[/quote]

Oh how true this statement is. If something happens to Kathy I might as well burn everything....because I will never find it :coolblue:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008, 12:06:09 PM »

I think I know the solution.  Termites.  Chromemoly devouring termites.  Nothing else makes sense....

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 09:55:15 AM »

I'd help but, Whats a pushrod?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »

an aggressive nimrod. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 10:11:20 AM »

Or this:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 01:11:39 PM »

I think I know the solution.  Termites.  Chromemoly devouring termites.  Nothing else makes sense....

Don, I know exactly where they are.........in that really safe place you won't forget. 

That's where I'd have put them too. :2vrolijk_21:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 02:31:05 PM »

Don I'm sure you will find them sooner or later. Check here

Gotcha  :huepfenlol2: Look in the parts washer where you left them. :confused5:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 03:55:06 PM »

Don I'm sure you will find them sooner or later. Check here

Gotcha  :huepfenlol2: Look in the parts washer where you left them. :confused5:

I did look in the parts washer :huepfenlol2: !

If I didn't specifically remember putting tags on them and then putting them in a ziploc bag after wiping them down I'd even consider thinking I left them in the big plastic trash bin to drip off.  Then they accidentally went out with the garbage.  But they did get tagged and bagged.  So it's got to be the termites.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 03:57:29 PM »

Did your neice think they were "straws".  :nixweiss:  :nervous:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 07:08:42 PM »

I did look in the parts washer :huepfenlol2: !

If I didn't specifically remember putting tags on them and then putting them in a ziploc bag after wiping them down I'd even consider thinking I left them in the big plastic trash bin to drip off.  Then they accidentally went out with the garbage.  But they did get tagged and bagged.  So it's got to be the termites.

Man, are we ever gonna have fun with this when you find them. Hmmmmm. Maybe you already have and just won't admit it. :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 07:15:18 PM by Chief »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »

Man, are we ever gonna have fun with this when you find them. Hmmmmm. Mayvbe you already have and just won't admit it. :nixweiss:

Don't worry Don, you got company. I put my Adjure Flush Axle for my Pro Street in a vary secure spot, so I'd know where it was when I finally get to put it on. It was fairly warm and Binx was out today. I went out to put it on, and .......well you sure know the rest of the story. Looked for about 2 hours. No axle!!! Damn, CRS sure does suck!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 07:19:03 PM »

Man, are we ever gonna have fun with this when you find them. Hmmmmm. Maybe you already have and just won't admit it. :nixweiss:

No such luck.  If I found them there'd be pictures.  And fireworks.  Damn things just went away.  It really is those voracious chromemoly termites.  I'm sure of it!

hogasm

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »

So our 2 most prolific posters can't remember chit :oops:

Do you reckon they post....or talk so much in cyber land... so they can try to remember what it is that they can't remember what it was in the first place :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »

Don't worry Don, you got company. I put my Adjure Flush Axle for my Pro Street in a vary secure spot, so I'd know where it was when I finally get to put it on. It was fairly warm and Binx was out today. I went out to put it on, and .......well you sure know the rest of the story. Looked for about 2 hours. No axle!!! Damn, CRS sure does suck!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Yes it does...   Your Adjure axle and my pushrods are communing across the spectral rider's plain.  And they're just messing with us :bananarock: !

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 07:22:46 PM »

So our 2 most prolific posters can't remember chit :oops:

Do you reckon they post....or talk so much in cyber land... so they can try to remember what it is that they can't remember what it was in the first place :nixweiss:

Hell yes, and pictures too!

(for all the good it did me....)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 07:25:38 PM »

Hell yes, and pictures too!

(for all the good it did me....)

You can see Puzzled for the Pic of my axle! ::)

And I can see him for a new one, I guess!!! :o :D

(Hey Mike, did I ever buy one for the 39mm on the Pro Street? I thought I did!) :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 07:29:38 PM »

(Hey Mike, did I ever buy one for the 39mm on the Pro Street? I thought I did!) :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

When you find it you'll find the other one.  They are stored safely together.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 07:35:44 PM »

Don, that was the one I was looking for! I thought I'd better make sure I bought one! :nixweiss:

I found the one I have for the new WG Front End, but couldn't for the life of me find the one for the 39mm Narrow Glide. Could'a sworn I bought one for that bike too! ??? :D ;)

Hoist! 8)

hogasm

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »

Now the 2 most prolific posters are whispering their posts......about what they can't remember what they forgot in the first place.

When one of them starts to pull their hair out....we are in deep  :oops:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2008, 07:44:23 PM »

Now the 2 most prolific posters are whispering their posts......about what they can't remember what they forgot in the first place.

When one of them starts to pull their hair out....we are in deep  :oops:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Why do you think I'm bald?? ???

Compulsive hair pulling out, due to CRS!!! :nixweiss: :D :D :D

Hoist! 8)

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 06:17:33 AM »

Jamey just asked if I could ask you two that when you find your parts safely stored together, that if you find my power commander with them, can you send it back to me?  Thanks a million in advance for your assistance. 

Biguglydude

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 07:28:27 AM »

:coolblue: Well...look on the bright side.  Your spare parts box will get bigger.  Just as soon as you buy new ones and get it all back together, they'll show up.   :2vrolijk_21:  I feel for ya!  I have a crap load of spare parts :confused5:
Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'?
Where's that extra penny going?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:01 AM »

Jamey just asked if I could ask you two that when you find your parts safely stored together, that if you find my power commander with them, can you send it back to me?  Thanks a million in advance for your assistance. 

That's funny Candy.  Was speaking with one of our site buddies on the phone a couple of evenings ago.  While doing so I said something like "yeah, those pushrods will end up being next to MrsWe's Power Commander."  :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »

There was just "Asshole II--The Sequel."

Was out for a few hours and just checked messages here.  One message (in a fake Bronx accent) went like this:

"Hey, butthead, this is St. Anthony and I just found your pushrods."

Catholic humor.... :-\

:huepfenlol2: :drink: :huepfenlol2:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 04:44:13 PM »

There was just "Asshole II--The Sequel."
Was out for a few hours and just checked messages here.  One message (in a fake Bronx accent) went like this:
"Hey, butthead, this is St. Anthony and I just found your pushrods."
Catholic humor.... :-\
 :huepfenlol2: :drink: :huepfenlol2:

Don, I notice each time I end up back here the pushrods haven't shown up but the votes for
"lobotomized trainee of a one legged sheep herder" have gone up.   :nixweiss:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2008, 05:51:19 PM »

Once I accidently lost my Ex Wife in Mexico. But, she found her way home a few weeks later.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »

Once I accidently lost my Ex Wife in Mexico. But, she found her way home a few weeks later.
It could happen.... ::)....har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2008, 06:15:15 PM »

Don, I notice each time I end up back here the pushrods haven't shown up but the votes for
"lobotomized trainee of a one legged sheep herder" have gone up.   :nixweiss:

That just proves my own vote carries influence.  I was first to pick that one :bananarock: !

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »

While an undergrad I created an ex-buddy by putting his drunk passed out annoying ass (while still wearing a toga from the evening's party) on the bus to Kansas City.  He didn't stay lost either.  Have to admit it's got more panache when it's a wife though :2vrolijk_21: .

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »

Speaking of Toga, Toga.................could these be your missing pushrods ?  :nixweiss:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 08:34:20 AM »

;)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2008, 12:50:50 AM »

Found them.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2008, 01:14:46 AM »

Well........where were they?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2008, 01:25:14 AM »

Well........where were they?

Exactly where they should have been....

Right in the middle of the parts cart.  Where I'd looked some uncounted number of times.

The tank of course came off much before the pushrods came out.  The dash was on the bottom shelf of the parts cart.  It got set there first.  Before anything else went on that bottom shelf.

I emptied the top shelf while looking.  Same for the middle shelf.  I laid hands on everything on the bottom shelf.  The pushrods were under the dash....

Don't remember ever picking up the dash.  Can't think of any reason I'd tuck the pushrods under there just to save space as there was still some space left.  They didn't roll under the dash as they were in a ziploc.  Damn gremlins.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2008, 01:29:52 AM »

The reason that they turned up is of course that the replacements have been installed. Otherwise you would still be on the hunt. DAMN GREMLINS!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2008, 02:14:33 AM »

Found them.

:2vrolijk_21:  Yep, right there is a safe place.  DAMN GREMLINS :bananarock:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2008, 03:10:24 AM »

The reason that they turned up is of course that the replacements have been installed. Otherwise you would still be on the hunt. DAMN GREMLINS!

That's the truth Jim :huepfenlol2: .

Potential mistakes like that are the difficulty of doing something like this an hour here and an hour there spread out over too long a period of time.  Just because you know it doesn't mean you can always do anything about it though.  The benefit of this one is a full set of nice shiny spare pushrods that are actually better than the ones in the engine.

(wonder how many weeks or months this will bug me before they get changed out?)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2008, 05:12:24 AM »

Congratulations Don. Glad you were able to have a closer.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2008, 06:42:56 AM »

That's the truth Jim :huepfenlol2: .

The benefit of this one is a full set of nice shiny spare pushrods that are actually better than the ones in the engine.

They'll be changed out before the weekend.  Glad you found them.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2008, 07:08:09 AM »

Glad not needing them worked for you.  I have still not found my power commander.  You loosing  your push rods made me do another look see through the garage and spare bedroom. 
No, still have not found it. 
We had a new bed and couch delivered - old couch and love seat sold over the last weekend, figured for sure that the revolving of furniture from room to room to room would help stir that little beast for sure. 

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2008, 07:21:55 AM »

De we get a new poll? :nixweiss:

We, including you, all knew you'd find them sooner or later. Ok, now get them back where they belong.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2008, 07:57:46 AM »

Glad not needing them worked for you.  I have still not found my power commander.  You loosing  your push rods made me do another look see through the garage and spare bedroom. 
We had a new bed and couch delivered - old couch and love seat sold over the last weekend, figured for sure that the revolving of furniture from room to room to room would help stir that little beast for sure. 

you did check under the couch cushions before selling, didn't you?  :nixweiss: har!  spyder

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2008, 08:08:49 AM »

Found them.

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
I win - you owe me another  :drink:

Wait, I think you already owe me  a  :drink:

Now its two  :drink: :drink:  :2vrolijk_21: Whoo hoo........................

Isn't that frustrating? All the years I worked as a class A line tech the only thing worse then what you went through was dropping a small part and NOT hearing hit the floor  :nixweiss:

MV 2013

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2008, 08:10:08 AM »

Are you guys still stick dipping in this dipsticking thread?  We need to get some good weather and get back to the reason we are all here. 

By the way, I lost my virginity 20 something years ago.  Anyone got any ideas where to look?  And NO, I wasn't alone when it happened!  :cucumber: :pepper:  :carrot:  :bananarock:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2008, 08:15:58 AM »

And NO, I wasn't alone when it happened!  :cucumber: :pepper:  :carrot:  :bananarock:

Hey thats not fair, your getting the jump on yourself  ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 08:18:42 AM by porthole »

MV 2013

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2008, 08:34:05 AM »

Are you guys still stick dipping in this dipsticking thread?  We need to get some good weather and get back to the reason we are all here. 

By the way, I lost my virginity 20 something years ago.  Anyone got any ideas where to look?  And NO, I wasn't alone when it happened!  :cucumber: :pepper:  :carrot:  :bananarock:

That doesn't count, you have to be with another person to loose your virginity!! ;D :D ;)

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2008, 08:36:54 AM »

you did check under the couch cushions before selling, didn't you?  :nixweiss: har!  spyder
Yep, found 30 cents and some lint.  Nothing more. 

hogasm

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2008, 09:01:49 AM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2008, 12:42:27 PM »

They'll be changed out before the weekend.  Glad you found them.

That's the really annoying thing.  They were found the night AFTER the pipes had gone on :-[ .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »

the only thing worse then what you went through was dropping a small part and NOT hearing hit the floor  :nixweiss:

That's funny later (sometimes).  But it sucks when it happens.  You stand there and listen far longer than gravity would suggest is rational.  Then finally you just say "dammit" and start grabbing mirrors, magnets and a thesaurus for new bad words to use.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2008, 12:45:41 PM »

Want to sell a set :nixweiss:

Probably not.  They'll likely go back in sooner or later.  Will advise if I change my mind.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »

That's funny later (sometimes).  But it sucks when it happens.  You stand there and listen far longer than gravity would suggest is rational.  Then finally you just say "dammit" and start grabbing mirrors, magnets and a thesaurus for new bad words to use.

Even more annoying is when you drop something small and it never hits the floor - cause it is caught in some tiny crevice on the bike or lift or pant cuff or ????. :oops: :nixweiss:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »

You seemed to have skipped over this part   :nixweiss:

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
I win - you owe me another  :drink:

Wait, I think you already owe me  a  :drink:

Now its two  :drink: :drink:  :2vrolijk_21: Whoo hoo........................

MV 2013

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2008, 01:09:36 PM »

"For Sale" Slightly used push rods. Contact Dipstick for details!  :D ;D :P

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2008, 01:13:43 PM »

Are these the rare "butthead" logo style push rods?

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2008, 01:18:11 PM »

I told him a long time ago where to look.

Did you check you back pockets, or in that general area???   ;D

hogasm

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2008, 02:07:41 PM »

I tried to buy a set from the dipstick. Dipstick said he would advise later :coolblue:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »

If I would have found them, I never would have admitted it. ESPECIALLY not to this crowd.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2008, 09:45:18 AM »

Don-

If you would have hung the pushrods on the wall with your well organized tools, you would have never misplaced them.   :)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2008, 11:22:41 AM »

Don-

If you would have hung the pushrods on the wall with your well organized tools, you would have never misplaced them.   :)

Thanks Bob.  When I was much younger I made my living with my tools.  Always liked to keep them tidy and organized.  One of the lessons I got from my dad I guess.  They're that way here and at the playroom/shop.  SAE tools I use most hung and sorted.  Metrics organized in tool boxes. 

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2008, 04:55:51 PM »

Can we all give him a big hallelujah?  :nixweiss: :huepfenpinkie:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2008, 05:49:46 PM »

Can we all give him a big hallelujah?  :nixweiss: :huepfenpinkie:

HALLELUJAH!

sufficiently big?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 05:52:22 PM by sadunbar »
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »

HALLELUJAH!

sufficiently big?

Now he's gonna get the big head. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2008, 03:53:43 AM »

Who, me :nixweiss: ?

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2008, 08:34:20 AM »

Now he's gonna get the big head. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2008, 11:45:51 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.394 seconds with 21 queries.