Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: New Vance & Hines Monster Ovals  (Read 72396 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: New Vance & Hines Monster Ovals
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »

I believe they also offer a catalyst version for those bikes that came with catalysts (to keep things legal with the EPA I would guess - wonder how many they will actually sell?).  Maybe that ridiculous $750+ price is actually for the catalyst version?  If not, I think I would add a few bucks and buy a complete system from D&D (FatCat) and let the folks at V&H keep their slip-ons.

I know steel prices have risen dramatically in the past couple years, but $800 for two simple mufflers is the kind of pricing strategy that would make the greediest bastard on Wall Street proud.  Maybe they still think we are in the sweet spot of the bubble economy, where people seemed to think spending much more than something was worth made them cool / hip / whatever the latest word is.  I believe you will see a radical change in that suggested retail price in the near future, as well as steep retail discounts from the big dealers.  In other words, for those who really want them, a little patience may save you a significant chunk of change.

Jerry

Agree.  If they don't come down in price, they're going to have a lot of stock sitting in the warehouse unsold.  About the only person that would keep them in stock is Fat Bastard.  Because if he can sell a CVO for $12K over MSRP, he can put an inflated exhaust system on it and those same rubes will pay for them.

:devil:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:07:33 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »

One thing I've noticed from reading through all the posts about the quest for an exhaust system for a bagger that is louder than stock, but not TOO loud- is that most people aren't satisfied with the current aftermarket offerings. 
This new product from Vance and Hines appears to be targeting this desire.  Whether it does or not will depend upon how people who actually buy it will like it.  At the price they are asking, it may be awhile before someone on this site is willing to take a chance and go for it.  -Sure looks good though!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 06:16:41 PM »

One thing I've noticed from reading through all the posts about the quest for an exhaust system for a bagger that is louder than stock, but not TOO loud- is that most people aren't satisfied with the current aftermarket offerings. 
This new product from Vance and Hines appears to be targeting this desire.  Whether it does or not will depend upon how people who actually buy it will like it.  At the price they are asking, it may be awhile before someone on this site is willing to take a chance and go for it.  -Sure looks good though!
I put my D&D Fat Cat on to 1) cool it down and 2) improve performance.  Making it louder was not an issue and while it is louder (even with the 'quiet baffle') it is not too loud imo, just right. :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 06:22:58 PM »

I contacted Eastern Performance and they will have them available on April 15th for $639.95 including shipping.  Still a bunch but I'm going to give them a try.  Stay tuned!  :)

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 07:04:30 PM »

I knew EP would come through although I was hoping they might be a little lower.  Does that price  include end caps?  Please keep us posted as to the finish and sound.  I like the way they look.  I also liked the way the Cobra's looked, but too loud for me.  They are available if anyone is interested.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »

I don't think you can get them without the end caps.  You just have a choice of chrome or black.  So I would say yes that price includes the end caps.  Darn well better for that price.   :)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 08:19:07 PM »

Actually, I'm very happy with my V&H Ovals.  They're louder than the stock (well so is a good f@rt, so that's not saying much), but they sound just fine to me and not overly loud when cruising, but will definitely bark when needed.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 09:31:29 AM »

I agree, the price should include the end caps.  I was asking, becasue with Super Trapp SE mufflers you have to buy the end caps separate.  It would seem from a retail stand point, having several different options for end capps, could raise an inventory problem.  I know very little about retail, just my thouhgts.

john

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 09:40:56 AM »

Do not know about availablity, but M & M Cycle in Sandusky, OH  has them in their online cataloge at $585.39.  That is without shipping I am pretty sure.  Nice people to deal with.

john

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 09:44:52 AM »

The black tips look ridulous - as does the price

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 10:56:12 AM »

If your a Rinehart fan, their newest baffle certainly quitens things down and they still have that authoritative sound when you crack the throttle. I tried and completely happy.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »

John,

Do you have M&M Cycle's web address?  I've done a couple of searches and can't come up with it.

George

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »

Still a bunch but I'm going to give them a try.  Stay tuned!  :)

Thanks for being the guinea pig.  Looking forward to the real world pictures and ride report.

www.mandmcycles.com

Great to deal with.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 04:42:38 PM »

Obviously the price is not deterring everyone.  All the places I've contacted say to "get on the list and wait".  So, I guess I better get on a list and see what happens.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »

I'm on the waiting list at M&M Cycles.  Hope Mark gets a bunch with the first shipment.  Not only that, but I hope I like them or there will be another set of mufflers sold in the Classifieds or eBay.  Won't be the first and maybe not the last!   ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.