Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New tires, shocks and Iso drive  (Read 3997 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
New tires, shocks and Iso drive
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »

Since my bike needs a new rear tire I'm going the have the HD Michelin Commanders installed front and rear along with 13" Progressive 440 heavy duties and Harley's Iso drive system.  Should make a very noticeable difference in ride and handling!
 :2vrolijk_21:

One more thing, You guys in Atlanta may want to try the HD dealer in Athens GA.  My local dealer, Augusta HD, who I have bought four new bikes from, quoted me $1482 for the above work.  Athens is doing it for $1200 plus they are giving me a loaner bike to use while they do the work.  Heading for Athens Saturday morning!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: New tires, shocks and Iso drive
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »

Wow!  Too bad you missed the "elbow grease" program last fall to get free installation on the IDS which makes replacing the rear tire easier (since it's already off).  Knowing the dealers though, they charge full labor for both the IDS and rear tire change.  You may want to make sure they don't.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »

Since my bike needs a new rear tire I'm going the have the HD Michelin Commanders installed front and rear along with 13" Progressive 440 heavy duties and Harley's Iso drive system.  Should make a very noticeable difference in ride and handling!
 :2vrolijk_21:

One more thing, You guys in Atlanta may want to try the HD dealer in Athens GA.  My local dealer, Augusta HD, who I have bought four new bikes from, quoted me $1482 for the above work.  Athens is doing it for $1200 plus they are giving me a loaner bike to use while they do the work.  Heading for Athens Saturday morning!
Tommy, let me know what you think about the Michelins.  Never run anything but the stock lops and been perfectly happy with them but certainly open to improvements (if they are).

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 02:47:57 PM »

Tommy, let me know what you think about the Michelins.  Never run anything but the stock lops and been perfectly happy with them but certainly open to improvements (if they are).

Jerry

Will do.  There's been several post on the site from guys who have already tried them and they have nothing but good things to say about um.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 04:17:34 PM »

Will do.  There's been several post on the site from guys who have already tried them and they have nothing but good things to say about um.
My biggest concern is having to replace a tire while on the road due to damage/flat.  Most every dealer will have lops in stock but not too many carry the Miches.  Wouldn't want to mix or wait to have ordered in.  Only option would be replace both tires with lops.  Probably a remote circumstance but hey chit can (and often does) happen.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »

I have the Mishes and I'm going back to the E3s when these are gone.  Much better handling like Avons and Metzelers but E3s last long time.

Just my $.02

Mark

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 05:30:17 PM »

I have the Mishes and I'm going back to the E3s when these are gone.  Much better handling like Avons and Metzelers but E3s last long time.

Just my $.02

Mark

Great post.  I have the E3's on the '05 and like them a lot and the OEM's on the 04 and was debating between replacing the OEM's with E3 or the Michelins.  You gave me the answer!  The E3's handle better than the Michelins.  Thanks!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

16HD117

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »

Just my $.02

Mark

How many miles did you get out of the Michelins?

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.