Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Anyone a Pilot?  (Read 1951 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
Anyone a Pilot?
« on: April 20, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »

There has to be a few of you that fly. For the others its a thrill to learn to fly. Go take a lesson a local airport and you will be flying it one your first flight. For you thrill seakers the first time you solo will be a time that you will NEVER forget. I know i wont! My instructor said i had mastered the crash & go. :bananarock:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Anyone a Pilot?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 04:30:08 PM »

There has to be a few of you that fly. For the others its a thrill to learn to fly. Go take a lesson a local airport and you will be flying it one your first flight. For you thrill seakers the first time you solo will be a time that you will NEVER forget. I know i wont! My instructor said i had mastered the crash & go. :bananarock:

Just curious but what does a gallon of 100LL go for nowadays? I used to run pump gas in my Cherokee in the early 90's at $.80 a gallon or so and 100LL was already selling for $2.00/gal at the FBO. I'd hate to think it's $7 or $8 a gallon. Is it?

:indian_chief:

oldharleyguy

• Full CVO Member
  • Yeah, orange black

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra
    • open for business
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »

yeah, i went through the private pilot thing in the 90's.  SEL, MEL, Inst rated private pilot.   Haven't flown since 9 11.   Got back into bikes.  Now I just fly a little closer to the ground.  Weather can still be a problem but now I can just pull over!
When I can't lift my leg over the saddle,this thing will be a trike.
1967 FLH * 2003 EVO Custom * 2004 FXST custom * 2007 VRSCX * 2009/1977 Springer custom * 2009 XR1200

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »

"Anyone a pilot".

Yep, my Dad was the woodcutter and I was the pilot.    :)   That's as close as I got to my lisence.

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »

Just curious but what does a gallon of 100LL go for nowadays? I used to run pump gas in my Cherokee in the early 90's at $.80 a gallon or so and 100LL was already selling for $2.00/gal at the FBO. I'd hate to think it's $7 or $8 a gallon. Is it?

$5.75 here on Friday........couldn't tell you what it will be on Monday :nervous:

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 07:10:28 PM »

I havnt flown much for awhile either. You could tell it was us when we flew over because we would drop coors light bombs on our friends

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »

Avgas is over $6/gallon at PDK.  Can you say "grounded" :nixweiss:
 :cherry:

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »

I was 17 when I soloed, it was about 40degrees, my weight was 135# my instructor was 230#, it was in a 1959 172 Cessna had the 6 cylinder Continental engine in it, my instructor got out and said give me 3 TGs with a fuel stop on the last one, I said oh come on get back in and lets go practice some slow flight  :nervous: man that thing felt like a rocket ship taking off with out his weight. On the last one to a full stop he said step out and pull you shirt tail out  :o he cut a chunk out of my shirt tail and signed off on it and my log book  :drink: man what a feeling to be up there alone  :orange:

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »

I pay $4.85 gallon for 100LL at C77, not bad price considering what auto gas is going for now.

Jim
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »

I pay $4.85 gallon for 100LL at C77, not bad price considering what auto gas is going for now.

Jim

Thats pretty cheap for 100, I mix it with premium pump gas 50/50 for the bike when winter rolls around, if you dont get to ride much it wont let it sour like straight pump gas can. Never have cared for gas treatments.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 09:22:48 PM »

Avgas is over $6/gallon at PDK.  Can you say "grounded" :nixweiss:
 :cherry:

Scary.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 12:19:22 AM »

I was 17 when I soloed, it was about 40degrees, my weight was 135# my instructor was 230#, it was in a 1959 172 Cessna had the 6 cylinder Continental engine in it, my instructor got out and said give me 3 TGs with a fuel stop on the last one, I said oh come on get back in and lets go practice some slow flight  :nervous: man that thing felt like a rocket ship taking off with out his weight. On the last one to a full stop he said step out and pull you shirt tail out  :o he cut a chunk out of my shirt tail and signed off on it and my log book  :drink: man what a feeling to be up there alone  :orange:

I remeber that feeling- my turn to final took me over Lake WA and I was a tad low-gave my instructor a chill-even though I never was worried-that was #3 and the best. Thanks for the memories! :pepper:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 07:50:39 AM »

Got my private license in 84 and have had a lot of fun with it since. Haven't flown much in the last few years. Other things take over like Harley. Also, it's so expensive now..... Hope to get back to it more after retirement.  :2vrolijk_21:
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 07:56:56 AM »

Got my private license in 84 and have had a lot of fun with it since. Haven't flown much in the last few years. Other things take over like Harley. Also, it's so expensive now..... Hope to get back to it more after retirement.  :2vrolijk_21:

soloed in 81....  1952 Cessna 150 with the coffee grinder radio....  just me, the old plane and 15000 feet of concrete slab....got my license a year later...

in the 86, 87 time frame was VERY lucky to stumble onto a group that restored and flew old warbirds in OK, TX ..

spent my weekends in a B25, T28, T6,  BT13 and an old Globe Swift....  after that flying cessna's just wasnt the same

my partner in Memphis recently found and bought the  Swiftie....... she is now home with him

I can still pick out a B25 in the air from a LONG way away.

those were the good days

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 08:03:42 AM »

soloed in 81....  1952 Cessna 150 with the coffee grinder radio....  just me, the old plane and 15000 feet of concrete slab....got my license a year later...

in the 86, 87 time frame was VERY lucky to stumble onto a group that restored and flew old warbirds in OK, TX ..

spent my weekends in a B25, T28, T6,  BT13 and an old Globe Swift....  after that flying cessna's just wasnt the same

my partner in Memphis recently found and bought the  Swiftie....... she is now home with him

I can still pick out a B25 in the air from a LONG way away.

those were the good days

I am jealous! Love those radial engine growls and smoke on start up!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.