Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: EBAY Question  (Read 1390 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
EBAY Question
« on: August 11, 2008, 07:45:35 AM »

In the "I should have asked here first" category but didn't, did I do the right thing. 

Almost three weeks ago I won an auction from a 100% positive seller for a left side cover.  Took him over a week to respond to my questions about shipping tracking info and then when he finally did respond he said:

Bill, I was out for the weekend. I just got all of your emails. I am not back at that store unitl tomorrow and I will get you the tracking info. I wasn't ignoring you in anyway, we have two dealerships and I split my time between them. It gets kinda tough keeping up sometimes but I will be in touch tomorrow-

Tim

Tomorrow came and still no response.  I sent him a message again and the following day I receive:

Bill, I was not in yesterday and had to go to another dealer today to pick up parts that is 2 hours away. So I just got a chance to look at email. I'm not trying to scam you in any way, keep your money or back peddle this deal. I don't do the shipping, our parts dept does and we just re-vamped our entire ebay dept. as far as billing and recieveing and paperwork. I don't have last pay periods invoices, they are with our controller who is only here mon and thurs. I'm not here monday so we only see each other thursdays. I will figure this out tomorrow and if it wasn't sent I will overnight it, if we don't have it I will order it and refund your purchase less the shipping, so you will get it for 10.00. Or I will just refund you. I'm not trying to be difficult but it takes a few days to straighten these things out due to having 5 diff. people involved, if it was just me I would know exactly what / when / where and why...but I don't. We run a very good operation and it is usually super streamlined, every once in a while we hit a speedbump, it happens, but know that I am doing everything I can as fast as I can to make it right. I'll be in touch tomorrow-

Tim

I am getting annoyed...two more days later...

Ok Bill, here's where we are... The parts guys say it was shipped, I however can't find any documentation or even a shipping receipt to back it up. I did order a new one yesterday and will send it to you for free, if in the meantime the other one shows up let me know and I will refund you. I said I will fix this and I will.. I am super sorry for the hassle / wait. Normally our operation is streamlined but like I said, sometimes this don't work and unfortunatley it was this transaction. If I don't hear back from you I will let you know the day the new one shows up, should be late next week.

Tim

I tired of the stalling and delays.  He may be reputable...to others but at this point, he impacted my planning to get my trailer painted and to top that off, appears to have sold an item he did not own.  That was the final straw for my so i initiated the dispute process.  I also left him NEGATIVE feedback.

So, did I over-react?  Probably, but I did not get my cover and he did not have one to ship to me...that would appear to be fraud.

/Bill

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
Re: EBAY Question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 08:11:20 AM »

I think you did the right thing. I love EBay when everything goes right but occasionally you run into people who muck it up. The seller has a window to get the product out and he didn't do that so you did what you had to do to protect your investment. Don't give up though on EBay, I think it happens to everyone at least once.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 08:32:21 AM »

What do you think if the situation was reversed and you had the product and he had no money? Think he may be concerned about payment? I think you had every right to take the action you did .Kevin
kb

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 09:12:45 AM »

Bill

Post the link to the eBay item. I'd like to look at the history.

I've been using eBay almost 10 years now and personally, even if it is 3-4 weeks I think you jumped the gun on the negative feedback.

Feedback can typically be left for 90 days and with eBay's new rules sellers cannot leave feedback. In the past you leaving a negative for him would pretty much generate a negative for you.

Maybe it is a scam, maybe it is a genuine mix up, either way his 100% percent can never be 100% again with a single negative.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:24:45 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLEY-DAVIDSON-FLTR-FLHR-FLHT-PRIMER-LEFT-SIDE-COVER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35560QQihZ002QQitemZ120284740527QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Bill

I've been using eBay almost 10 years now and personally, even if it is 3-4 weeks I think you jumped the gun on the negative feedback.

Feedback can typically be left for 90 days and with eBay's new rules sellers cannot leave feedback. In the past you leaving a negative for him would pretty much generate a negative for you.

Maybe it is a scam, maybe it is a genuine mix up, either way his 100% percent can never be 100% again with a single negative.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:30:49 AM »

Bill, three weeks + is plenty of time to get a part out that's bought and paid for.  That is regardless of any reasons or excuses as to why such a delay might have happened.  So don't worry about it.  Sorry that the delay has impacted on getting the trailer done.  Any chance you'll see the trailer at all for this riding year now?

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 09:36:03 AM »

Any chance you'll see the trailer at all for this riding year now?

I should still be able to pick it up just before MV.  I told them they would have the cover by the end of last week.  They now will be getting it this wednesday.

Bill

I am not saying the seller is a scammer, but between the delays in communicating and then the fact they sold something they did not own (which appears fraudulent to me) they are off my list.

Paypal resolution will only be satisfactory with a full refund.  At this point, I no longer need the LSC from them.

/Bill

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 09:38:58 AM »

If you used paypal (and you should if possible) that would be the first avenue, just request a refund for non delivery.

MV 2013

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:58:42 AM »

Already done...

bottom line was I waited a week for the item to arrive...no item.

I then contact seller asking for shipping info, seller does not respond. 
24 hours later, send another message to seller, seller does not respond.
another 24 hours send the seller a third message, expressing concern and now prepaing to dispute.
then I receive seller's first response quoted below...but still no shipping info.

I guess having me as a customer did not matter enough to him.  Eastern Performance has spoiled me...I always promptly recieve their ebay items and never had an issue. 

/Bill

If you used paypal (and you should if possible) that would be the first avenue, just request a refund for non delivery.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 10:06:46 AM »

He shouldn't be telling you his operation is "Normally streamlined" and then admit all of the problems with it.  It doesn't take a Deloitte and Touche Consultant to figure out there are problems with accountability there.  I would have been a little more patient to see if the promises came to fruition.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 10:07:52 AM »

Eastern Performance has spoiled me...I always promptly recieve their ebay items and never had an issue. 

Same here, always had good luck with them.

MV 2013

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »

Here is my take on E-Bay. As a retailer who is forever hearing someone can get something cheaper on the WEB , that is the price you sometimes pay to save a buck.  I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma but had you gone to a dealer near by you would  probably have the product by now and if not you could have some one face to face to deal with. You should find a dealer you can develop a repore with and stick with them , it will surprise you what they will do for you if asked. Want a discount , ask if one is possible nicely , not You can get it cheaper else where will they beat the price. Want special shipping ask , they can do it . The whole trick is being a good customer and if you need something ask nicely, don't demand and be pissy that will get you nowhere. The nature of a dealership is to work with good customers and supply them what the want and need , they want to help so be nice and ask you will be surprised.
 As for your E-BAY vendor definitely give a negative feed back , it will help someone else. :soapbox:  :wall: :beatdeadhorse:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »

I would have been a little more patient to see if the promises came to fruition.

He did offer to "give" it to Bill, and he is straight up will still do it, despite the negative feedback.

MV 2013

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 11:33:49 AM »

Again, it is also a timing issue...if he could not deliver it in a reasonable time then it was useless to me.  If i had to wait 2 more weeks I would never use it and it would just sit there...useless...

Reasonable delivery time for an in-stock item is expected.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 11:37:19 AM »

Yup, stuff I pay for I expect shipping in 24-48 hours, usuallt paid by paypal.  Stuff people pay me for gets shipped in 24-48
hours...Unless it is a check, then funds must be cleared before something ships.  07 Serk anyone?

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »

and he now appears to be a liar...

in his rebuttal to my negative feedback he claims to have sent me seven e-mails...the fourth unread one in the below list was in response to my dispute with PAYPAL...so he just went down a notch further...I have all my e-mails and all his replies...

...he just can't own up to the fact he effed this sale up...

too bad I can't post a counter rebuttal...

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 04:41:43 PM »

and he now appears to be a liar...

in his rebuttal to my negative feedback he claims to have sent me seven e-mails...the fourth unread one in the below list was in response to my dispute with PAYPAL...so he just went down a notch further...I have all my e-mails and all his replies...

...he just can't own up to the fact he effed this sale up...

too bad I can't post a counter rebuttal...

your feedback was more than justified....  how do you sell chit you dont have ( at least without wearning the buyer?)
I like you, expect good service and get it most of the time....crappy communication and lack of responsiveness are not tolerated either from a local guy or an internet guy....

bigdogs reply is valid,   sadly there are not of local parts folks that will meet you halfway... 
when you find them its rare, a great thing and usually doesnt last

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 04:42:36 PM »

And for full disclosure here is my list of messages...hmmm SEVEN!  And a cut and paste of their contents:

July 30th, 7 days after close of auction and payment provided:

Dear harleydavidsondirect,

Any update on the shipment status? Do you have a tracking number for the shipment?

Thanks,
Bill

Next Day:

Second request,

Please respond with shipping information for this item. It was won last week and paypal payment promptly made within minutes of the close of the auction.

and the following day:

Third request...

Please let me know wheter this item has shipped and if so, can you provide a tracking number?

Thanks,
Bill

Then, on August 4th after receiving no replies to the above messages:

This is my fourth and final request for shipping information. reluctantly, I will be notifying EBAY and PAYPAL on Wednesday, 6 August if I do not receive the item purchased.

VR/
Bill .....

After this one, I received his first message quoted below.  After receiving no response I sent:

It is now the tomorrow that you mentioned yesterday and still no package received nor shipping information.

please respond immediately. If the item is not delivered by Wednesday, I will assume you are in default of the purchase agreement and will take the appropriate action with ebay and paypal.

Respectfully,
Bill

He then sent the two further replies quoted below.  I then sent my seventh and final communication:

I'm Sorry,

But at this time, it appears you Fraudulantly sold an item that you did not possess. You cannot prove you shipped an item that I promptly paid for at the close of the auction. I must therefore take action with ebay and paypal.

respectfully,
Bill ....

Thats the history...

he may have been an honest seller but he has proven to me that he is dishonest...

/Bill

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 05:54:26 PM »

As for your E-BAY vendor definitely give a negative feed back , it will help someone else.   

:2vrolijk_21: Couldn't agree more. They don't seem like they're ready for prime time ebay business at their place.
If it's a dealership, get the GM's name and fax him a copy of the email messages the the crap they were sending you. They need to fix it or get off the eaby pot.  :soapbox:

I've had two occasions where the item never arrived and normally gave them a week to correct it at their expense, then if it's a no-go I do the PayPal non-receipt and let them sort it out, or Mastercard, etc. Both times I got a full refund.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.