Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Michelins  (Read 1285 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Michelins
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:31:02 PM »

I just returned from a 5,000 mile ride on new Michelin Commanders. I own a 07 SEUC. I prefer the Michelins over Dunlaps. They did not track as much on grooved payment and ran very smooth. I will continue to use the Michelins.

Scottt

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Re: Michelins
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »

Are the Michlins radials and what size are they Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 02:56:35 PM »

I just returned from a 5,000 mile ride on new Michelin Commanders. I own a 07 SEUC. I prefer the Michelins over Dunlaps. They did not track as much on grooved payment and ran very smooth. I will continue to use the Michelins.

Scottt

I found the opposite to be true about the Michelin Commanders, just pulled them off at 5000 miles cause they are crap at best.  Even my wife noticed them sliding in the turns from the pillion.  Hit a bridge with the steel grating and thought the bike was going down.  After 5000 miles mine still look fairly new if ya wanna come get em.....otherwise they are heading to the dump.......

kenws40

• CVO1: 07 ultra classic SE
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »

I have used the Avon's on my touring bike for years. I like the softer tire than the stock ones. I use the Avon Venom an-41 and an-42, never had any problems with them. average about 14k per set. seem to get better traction in the turns.

brhulen

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary #1009
    • CVO2: 2002 FLSTCI Jade Sun Glo Pearl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:10:05 PM »

Interesting comment and replies.  I guess that's why there are so many brands of everything out there!  To each there own I guess.  I would also think it might have to do with riders weight, tire inflation, style of riding and a myriad of other reasons.  I met a young couple this summer up here in Alaska and they had some sort of police run flat tires on their Ultra.  Not a bad idea in this environment, although I don't know anything about them.
Brett in AK

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.