Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Bitubos and...  (Read 1110 times)

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
New Bitubos and...
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:32:12 AM »

well, actually I was expecting more.  They certainly aren't the night-and-day thing I've been hearing about, they are more maybe a little better some places.  They look nice, they install fine with SERK leather bags (reservoirs forward), but I honestly don't notice that much difference in the ride.  Nor much difference from full soft to full hard on the adjusters.  Makes me wonder even more if doing the forks is worth it.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: New Bitubos and...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:04:55 AM »

That's interesting.  Yesterday, I was able to put a few miles on my SEEG with the Bitubos I got from another member here.  I noticed quite a bit of difference . . . and that was going from Progressive 440s.  They seem to be pretty sensitive as to how you set the preload, but if you follow the directions and then make your other adjustments from there, you should (I did) notice difference when making compression and rebound adjustments.

I can really notice the effects of the rebound damping -- these shocks are not as "springy" as the Progressives.  They are a bit stiffer, but overall the ride feels more controlled so, so far, I like them.  Also, I was able to only dial in some more compression damping with my wife on the back yesterday, an easy 3 or 4 clicks of the dial, and not loose any ride quality from solo.  She noticed a difference in the way the bike rode vs. the Progressives, too!

I'm looking forward to putting some more miles on in the mountains in a few days to see how they behave in various conditions.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 10:28:51 AM »

They take a little work to dial in but I have them on both SEEG's and love them.  Like Brian said, MAJOR difference in ride quality for the passenger.  They don't beat you up like the Progressives do.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:12:09 PM »

They are light years ahead of the air shocks that come on the bikes..
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.