Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggest a front rim size for the NANA  (Read 1103 times)

bikerman101

Suggest a front rim size for the NANA
« on: September 15, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »

I have seen a couple of bikes on here that have a taller front tire and I am wondering the size rim/tire you would suggest?

Thanks,

Ken in MN :bananarock:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Suggest a front rim size for the NANA
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »

I ran a 3.5 x 18 on the front with a 130/70 Metzler...fills up the fender better.  If you do a 19 or 21, IMO, the fender needs to be changed to make things look right.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

MikeD

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:33 AM »

I did a 21" on the front, 18" on the rear.  No nead to change/ or modify if you go with Metzler tires on the 21".  I did renegades South Beach and there another member with Renegades on his Nana, he also went with a 21" too.  It looks great and makes the bike feel light in the front end.   The bike handled great and suspension could have been better after changing the wheels.  But I would do it again, if I had a SEEG.  No need now with the 18"s on the SERG!

Lo Lo

• CVO Connoisseur
  • 105th Screamin Eagle Club

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE 105th Anniversary Ed. #1055/1800
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 01:41:43 PM »

I have a quick question.   I had my front wheel replaced with a 21" RC Components on my 08 SERK w/anti lock brakes.  The techs are having issues with the ABS system and the new wheel.  They are trying to figure out what is going on with the "sensor" for the ABS, and it's compatibility with the new wheel/rotors, or how to make the ABS function correctly.  I think they placed some calls to the wheel manufacturer,  and they have a solution.  But does anyone on here know what the problem may be or experienced the same issue after switching to a 21"?
**Team Scream**
U.S. Army Recruiting
SFC LOPEZ

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »

I have a quick question.   I had my front wheel replaced with a 21" RC Components on my 08 SERK w/anti lock brakes.  The techs are having issues with the ABS system and the new wheel.  They are trying to figure out what is going on with the "sensor" for the ABS, and it's compatibility with the new wheel/rotors, or how to make the ABS function correctly.  I think they placed some calls to the wheel manufacturer,  and they have a solution.  But does anyone on here know what the problem may be or experienced the same issue after switching to a 21"?

Ask about the new wheel spacers....

Nothing to do with the 21'

Lo Lo

• CVO Connoisseur
  • 105th Screamin Eagle Club

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE 105th Anniversary Ed. #1055/1800
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »

Is the wheel spacer where the ABS sensor is located?  This must be what they were referring to when they told me they were having issues when they mounted my front wheel during the test ride.  I guess they had to order the correct spacers for the wheel....?
**Team Scream**
U.S. Army Recruiting
SFC LOPEZ

hogasm

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »

Is the wheel spacer where the ABS sensor is located?  This must be what they were referring to when they told me they were having issues when they mounted my front wheel during the test ride.  I guess they had to order the correct spacers for the wheel....?

That is correct.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.