Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Front air shocks question  (Read 1016 times)

quickster

• CVO1: 2000 Screaming Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1980 Wide Glide 93" Shovel
Front air shocks question
« on: September 23, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »

Figured out that the Schraeder valve with the F above it is for the front forks(duh!). I have oil coming out of the valve. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thinks that be bad. I'm new to these shocks, and now that I'm thinking about it, the front end doesn't seem so solid. Bad seals letting oil into the air line?

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Front air shocks question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 05:12:22 PM »

Figured out that the Schraeder valve with the F above it is for the front forks(duh!). I have oil coming out of the valve. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thinks that be bad. I'm new to these shocks, and now that I'm thinking about it, the front end doesn't seem so solid. Bad seals letting oil into the air line?
If it is just a small amount of oil that is normal.  Always got some oil when adjusting my rear shocks.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:16:46 PM »

I don't remember getting oil out of either of the 01's we had (ultra and serg) from the front.  The rear shocks, yes almost always; but never the front.  That could also be playing havoc with your alignment issues.  Somebody there in the area should be able to steer you to somebody reputable.  The SERG's are great machines.  Once you get it squared away, you'll love riding that bike.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

jcd520

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »

The air lines on the older bikes lead right into the resevoir on both the shocks and the forks. It's normal to get a little oil out of both when adjusting the air pressure. Probably should change your fork oil , make sure you have the proper amount and then set the desired pressure(usually about 14-20) depending on your weight and solo or two up. By the way the proper amount on electra glides is 9.5 ounces Harley Davidson "type E".

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.