Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: D&D Fat Cat's w/ Performance Baffle  (Read 14393 times)

HDJamsTX

• Full CVO Member
  • It's Hammer Time!!!
Re: D&D Fat Cat's w/ Performance Baffle
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »

He gave me a copy of the Run results, but i have no way to post it.

I will see if he can e-mail me a copy of it [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2005, 11:23:54 PM »

I would very much like to hear those pipes, they look great. Do they make others? That slant down to follow the bag lines or straight cuts like the stock pipes? Really looks good. How about a shot from directly behind? [smiley=cool2.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2005, 02:53:22 AM »

JCZ I have to disagree that his numbers are low they are pretty much the same as mine were with no mods done to the bike.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2005, 07:48:17 AM »

Well i had my base line Dyno done today to get numbers before i make any changes to
my 05 SEEG. I was a little disappointed in the numbers:

I only came up with (88.9 torque @ 5800 rpm) and (81.4 hp @ 3900 rpm).

I will be putting on my D&D 2-1 Exhaust and SE Air Cleaner and SE Race Tuner
this Friday.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 07:52:26 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2005, 07:24:28 PM »

FINALLY!  Got through to D & D today, spoke with John, said he was the tech and dyno guy.  His view was that the louvered baffle (tapered as we all called it) was the correct baffle and the performance one was much louder and more for full out performance aka wide open throttle.  I explained my dissatisfaction with being pushed into the perf baffle when maybe I should not have been.  He was all ears and said he would pass my phone number onto the owner for further disucssions.  A few hours later, Dave Rasch (the owner of D & D) called me to discuss a solution.  Although short of saying I should have recieved the louvered baffle, he offered to refit my muffler with the baffle of my choice for free.  His view was that the perf baffle works just fine with the 103 SE Electraglides but is much louder.  The low end performance loss with it was minimal and the hi end was a few horses.  In otherwords, he said the difference in perf between the two baffles was minimal and mainly felt at the top end.  He also stated he has a prototype chambered baffle he would put in if I would give him feedback on it.  I hate to have down time waiting on a new muffler and am going to discuss other options with him in a day or two.  He gave me a direct number ( nope aint giving it out ) so he is trying to make me happy.  So, curious about the prototype, may go that route but for sure a louvered baffle.  My choice is to purchase the replacement at a very reduced cost and keep the perf baffle in case I am not happy with the replacement.  Will keep ya posted!
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2005, 10:01:31 PM »

103Eagle,

I have a few people trying to get Dave to call me.   I have made them aware of the issues their lack of service is costing them and that it is getting visibility.   I am hoping to get a call from him after the fun I have had with them.   I am glad they are doing right by you just wish it all didnt have to go to an owner to try and get it resolved.

BTW I had the opposite experience with the performance baffle it really stunk down low was so much louder and really didnt help me on the top end in my opinion despite what they maybe saying about it.

I am either going to have to buy a borzilla for the road king or another set of rhineharts with the new mount.  
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2005, 08:07:55 PM »

Those pipes look AWESOME! I checked to see if they made them with the slash up to flow with the line of the bags, THEY DONT or I was going to order them on the spot. They really look good in that picture. Nice bike.  [smiley=cool2.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.