Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: "I tried Hard to like the Harley CVO but just could not do it!  (Read 6867 times)

Bigderek

• Big Derek

• CVO1: Harley Davidson CVO Ultra Classic FLHTCUSE4 Electra Glide
Re: "I tried Hard to like the Harley CVO but just could not do it!
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 01:55:16 AM »

So, what now, we change the name to CVOWing.com or what. I can't believe we are still talking about this.

Hi Larry,

I started the discussion, and I may be wrong but I thought as a owner of different bikes forums were a base where we could discuss each others point of view. Please don't feel offended about a few paragraphs re the Honda Goldwing. I still own Harley Davidsons but th eCVO Ultra just don't do it for me and my dear lady. The advise I have received in general was helpful and useful. There may be lots of others on this website who also own both Ultra and Wing its only peoples opinions. And as to your comment about can't believe we are still talking about this? It just seem sto have created some interest and comments. I rode 350miles on twisty UK Derbyshire and Staffordshire roads yesterday and the wing is Light years more comfy, better handling, more room,a lot smoother,equally as good brakes if not better as they are linked,and the stereo, gps, mp3 intercom is all far better. So yes it was good to ride,

But today if I nip down to the corner shop for a loaf of bread or a news paper the CVO with its potato potato sound will put  a Big smile on my face with its clunky gearbox and it shot engine etc etc  it is just great to have the choice! But as for a long distance tourer "Well in Europe it just is not my preferred choice"

Have a safe ride

Big D

Big D
UK

REGGAB

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2009, 06:36:43 AM »

Hi Larry,

I started the discussion, and I may be wrong but I thought as a owner of different bikes forums were a base where we could discuss each others point of view. Please don't feel offended about a few paragraphs re the Honda Goldwing. I still own Harley Davidsons but th eCVO Ultra just don't do it for me and my dear lady. The advise I have received in general was helpful and useful. There may be lots of others on this website who also own both Ultra and Wing its only peoples opinions. And as to your comment about can't believe we are still talking about this? It just seem sto have created some interest and comments. I rode 350miles on twisty UK Derbyshire and Staffordshire roads yesterday and the wing is Light years more comfy, better handling, more room,a lot smoother,equally as good brakes if not better as they are linked,and the stereo, gps, mp3 intercom is all far better. So yes it was good to ride,

But today if I nip down to the corner shop for a loaf of bread or a news paper the CVO with its potato potato sound will put  a Big smile on my face with its clunky gearbox and it shot engine etc etc  it is just great to have the choice! But as for a long distance tourer "Well in Europe it just is not my preferred choice"

Have a safe ride

Big D

Big D,
Again, I think it is great that you and your wife both know what you want.  Everyone knows that is a key ingredient.  I haven't a clue about anything Honda.......save for that boxy looking Element thing we owned a few years ago..........therefore cannot offer an opinion on the Wing except my thoughts on it from a visual aspect.  I'll keep those thoughts in cheque rather, and offer that what you have mentioned above about the quality of the Wing when compared to the HD is your opinion..........and I appreciate and respect that.........but again, it is your opinion.  Others may feel differently, and that is a good thing.  Even better than that is that we can all coexist.  Don't worry too much about what anyone else thinks.  Just get out there and enjoy the highway.  Having spent significant time in your neck of the woods.......many, many, many, many, many, many years ago........I'm just a bit envious of the riding you get to do, regardless of the platform.  Enjoy

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2009, 08:20:11 AM »

You need to be happy with what you ride,  no matter who makes it!

My only beef is people who buy Jap Harley Look-alikes (like V-Star or whatever they call them)  If you want a harley,  buy a used one,  not a new bad imitation.....  If I was going to put on 30+K miles a year touring,  I would have a ST1100 or BMW for the long haul and keep the SERK for 3-4 day trips...

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »

My view is that the FLHTCUSE4 has lots of imperfections (for its size storage capacity, passenger space, passenger footpegs, rear crashbars comfort for passenger, driver leg space, driver/passenger wind buffeting.... and probably lots more), but when I ride it it makes me feel good.

Harleys and when I had a Ducati were the only bikes I went for a ride on for no reason at all, just because it made me happy.  Every time I go out on my SE4 I feel better.  The sound is great, the looks are Americana personified, the handling and comfort are okay and I feel like I'm riding a real machine made by people - I feel proud on the bike.

Nobody else but you Yanks make bikes like this anymore and I feel lucky to be able to ride one.

p.s. I admit to riding and owning a Goldwing GL1000 many moons ago.

Good on you Derek, ride what makes you happy.

Jon

Bigderek

• Big Derek

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 02:20:11 AM »

p.s. I admit to riding and owning a Goldwing GL1000 many moons ago.

Hiya Jon,

yes I am glad you like the SE4 "Do u want to buy  a red one" (lol)  Anyway just on a Little note riding the GL1100 and the getting onto the GL1800 is like going from a Ford pop to a Ferrari.

I to get a smile on my face when ridding my  Harley but it just dont work for long enough? But "Hey we are riding bikes and that is all that matters! Some one said Harleys are  away of life well I think thats it full stop re Biking... We just need the sunshine was coming up to Yks Dales yesterday with 25 other bikes but it was cancelled,,,,,, wimps!

See Ya

Ride Safe

Big D

Big D
UK

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 04:50:34 AM »

Hey Derek, exactly where is Blyth located in the UK
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Bigderek

• Big Derek

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 05:11:39 AM »

Hi Larry

there are two Blyh's in the UK one in North East and ours which is North Nottinghamshire, "Why do you ask" ?

Regards

Big D
Big D
UK

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 05:19:27 AM »

Just wondering, I have family there In Manchester, my wife is from there. also some in Buxton. what FC do you support
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.