Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Product key for Zumo map update  (Read 1364 times)

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Product key for Zumo map update
« on: April 20, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »

Made a mistake in removing a file from the Zumo hard drive.  I removed my 2008 map update instead of another file that was taking up space.  My problem is that when I purchased the 2008 update I loaded it into a Zumo that has been replaced by Garmin for a warranty repair.  The serial number on the replacement is different and, of course, the update won't load to that serial number.  I tried to contact Garmin email support and the support people don't seem to understand English.  If you try the phone, you are on hold for over 60 minutes.  This isn't the Garmin support I had when the Zumo was new.  I guess they are downsizing like everyone else.

Anyway, does anyone know how to change a product key or reset the update for a new serial number??  I have purchased the update, it's not a bootleg copy.

Thanks for any help, Framemaker

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
Re: Product key for Zumo map update
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »

I've had excellent results calling Garmin for support when I've run into speedbumps with my Zumo 550.  Sometimes you have to wait 15 ~ 20 minutes on hold, but once you get a "live" person on the phone, they usually resolve issues pretty quick.

The first level support team can also transfer you to software support when problems get real tricky.

US: (913) 397-8200 - Monday - Friday: 8 am - 7 pm CST
US Toll Free: 1-800-800-1020 - Monday - Friday: 8 am - 7 pm CST
Canada: 1-866-429-9296 - Monday - Friday: 8 am - 7 pm CST

Good luck!

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 08:08:37 PM »

Called them on Friday and the recorded message said 65 minute wait time.  Sent an email and they read half of it and don't respond to the problem.
Framemaker

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:19:28 AM »

Called them on Friday and the recorded message said 65 minute wait time.  Sent an email and they read half of it and don't respond to the problem.
Framemaker

i've always had good luck with customer service. wed and thur are best. mon and fri are high volume call days. :nixweiss:

the gov recently updated there satellite software and one of my hand held would go blank with a faint line on the display after acquiring signal.
not all products were affected. this was on a map 76.

straightened me right out.

good luck

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »

I have a zumo 550 and my wife has a 450.  I have five buddies whom I all helped getting and setting up theirs.  During all this time I've had to contact support a bunch of times to work through specific software and compatibility issues pertaining to each specific users PC and or hardware set up.

Out of lets say 15 calls to support...  I've had extended (30 minutes or more) wait times on hold may be twice...  Normally the wait is around 10 to ~15.

Almost all the support I recieved was right on and painless.  Once in a while I got someone on the phone that didn't have the experience that I needed.  I'd say be patient and try again, I know too many people including myself that have had great experiences with the support and the product.  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.