Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intergration of Garmin Zumo to the HD system  (Read 1193 times)

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
Intergration of Garmin Zumo to the HD system
« on: April 28, 2009, 08:23:25 AM »

:jalapeno:

all:

One of our lead riders in our chapter (aptly namded Gizmoh) found what I think is the perfect solution for those of us that use the Zumo 550 ( I think the new Zumo 660 will also work) and would still like to use the CB, radio, CD, XM  and intercom from our HD setup.

Cycle Gadgets ( http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/packages.asp?pkg=ULT-550 ) sells the Cell Set solution.  It does require removing the fairing and some modifications to the wiring harness (no splicing but need a heat gun) to use the Zumo functionality (GPS, XM, bluetooth to phone, and if needed MP3 player) with full capability of the HD CB, radio, Xm, intercom etc.

Installation takes about two hours for the first time (and a little knowledge of electrical schematics is helpfull but not required).

The Cell Set does everything  I wanted.  It allows full use of the HD stuff and interrupts(mutes) the HD radio's for five seconds while it provides GPS info via the intercom setup.  With this in place the HD works as normal and anything from the Garmin ie GPS, XM(if used), MP3 (if used) and finally the bluetooth connection to your phone now works via the Garmin via the HD intercom setup.

The bluetooth works so well most people have no idea you are riding a bike (unless your moving along at 85).  Phone book comes up from your phone, home phone, recents etc.  Thought I would never use it until my Granddaughter called me on a ride and I talked to her for fifteen minutes.  Very cool.

Perfect integration.  Have found no flaws.  If you need to talk for more than five seconds, you have to turn down the HD system.

If you have a Zumo, this is great.  Also, I think they have a solution for other Garmins.  Also, it comes with avery nice harness that includes power in the fairing.

No pic's it's behind the fairing.

:orange:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.