Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Shifter Shaft Seal Leak  (Read 13736 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Shifter Shaft Seal Leak
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »

Jim, I'm assuming these are for pre '06 Dyna and all '07+up BT's. If that's correct, or if any of them are different, do you have P/N's for the newer models? Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:

Correct Howie, those are pre-07 #'s but the primary main shaft and the shift shaft seal are the same. The starter shaft isn't there on the 07+

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 08:34:24 AM »

Good stuff Jim and Don! Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »

This time it's on the Purple Bike, and technically, it isn't a leak....yet.  Isn't dripping anywhere.  Just gets really grimy under there after riding for awhile.  Actually it has been seeping for quite awhile, better than 2000 miles.  I was thinking (hoping) this past weekend's trip to visit Ken and Cheri would do it in, and it would finally start dripping, which would undoubtedly win approval from the House Finance Committee to tear down, replace the seal, along with other seals and gaskets with Cometics, and since it would be torn down that far, may as well go ahead and replace the stock 5 speed with a Baker OD6.  The Finance Committee is learned in these processes and will not fund component replacements unless the cause significantly warrants such action and replacement procedures involve labor which would have to be repeated once the new transmission becomes necessary.....despite my pleas.

It's only a matter of time.   :huepfenlol2:

You sure it's not actually coming from the race on the trans shaft (one that goes through the inner primary)walking inward toward the MDG...
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 10:32:57 AM »

I have been using SKF 4260 seals with great success,   Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.