Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Need a good air gauge that fits!!!  (Read 4235 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Need a good air gauge that fits!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »

No, but I'm seriously considering the four tire version. I've read some reviews on both and reviews go both ways,, good and bad,,  :nixweiss: They seem to be priced fair. Unless i hear something very negative within the next few weeks,, I plan on giving it a try 

Be sure to post how it works out :2vrolijk_21:

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 06:59:18 PM »

:(

Lets NOT go down the nitrogen path,  that's crap and has pretty much been invalidated as being worth while and/or worth any effort to pursue it.  Those that think it's the real deal,  likely also buy into "global warming" and adore Al Gore. >:(

US.Army.Retired

• Junior CVO Member
  • US Army (Retired)

• CVO1: 2004 Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
    • CVO3: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 10:13:05 AM »

THIS LOOKS PROMISING-

Doran 360M™ Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems for Motorcycles, Trikes and Trailers

Doran’s Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems employ state-of-the-art technology to continuously monitor tire pressures. The Doran 360M™ system is a low profile, simple to install system that provides reliable and accurate “real-time” tire pressure information to the rider. Each tire location can be programmed to a specific baseline tire pressure and low pressure alerts are triggered when the tire pressure drops 12.5% and 25% below baseline pressure.

The Doran wireless tire pressure sensors can be installed outside or inside the tire rim using Doran's valve stems (patent pending) that are included with the system. The sensors are waterproof, weatherproof, and spin-welded to prevent corrosion and provide long-life.  Once the sensors are screwed on to the valve stem, they become activated and begin to receive and transmit tire pressure data to the monitor via radio-frequency signals.

:cherry: The best part is the Remote Warning Light that can be installed on the handle bars.  :pineapple:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 10:27:38 AM »

That looks nice also----now where to put the main module--under the seat I guess :nixweiss:

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »

:cherry:
That looks pretty neat,  still pricey......has anyone tried it out???

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »

:cherry:
That looks pretty neat,  still pricey......has anyone tried it out???

Pricey yes...but it's cool looking.......

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 10:07:43 AM »

THIS LOOKS PROMISING-

Doran 360M™ Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems for Motorcycles, Trikes and Trailers

Doran’s Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems employ state-of-the-art technology to continuously monitor tire pressures. The Doran 360M™ system is a low profile, simple to install system that provides reliable and accurate “real-time” tire pressure information to the rider. Each tire location can be programmed to a specific baseline tire pressure and low pressure alerts are triggered when the tire pressure drops 12.5% and 25% below baseline pressure.

The Doran wireless tire pressure sensors can be installed outside or inside the tire rim using Doran's valve stems (patent pending) that are included with the system. The sensors are waterproof, weatherproof, and spin-welded to prevent corrosion and provide long-life.  Once the sensors are screwed on to the valve stem, they become activated and begin to receive and transmit tire pressure data to the monitor via radio-frequency signals.

:cherry: The best part is the Remote Warning Light that can be installed on the handle bars.  :pineapple:

This one is getting the best reviews.. and the price is right in line with everything i've seen so far.. They also offer a four tire version, I think this is the one  :2vrolijk_21: found their web site here.

http://www.doranmfg.com/motorcycle-tire-pressure-monitoring-systems.htm

OH... thanks for posting the info   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:10:20 AM by sportygordy »

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »

:nixweiss:

The (Doran) monitor and the Tiregard monitor too........are both pricey at about $199 or so.  It's been several months since this topic was kicked around.  Did anyone pony up the price and try one of them yet??

It sure would help avoid the aggrevation of checking and re-checking and rolling back and forth looking for that elusive valve stem on the rear.

Any feedback would be appreciated from anyone that tried one out. :nervous:

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.