Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: gearing ?  (Read 13849 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: gearing ?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 05:42:56 PM »

Well I've decided not to install the Dakota SIM in my 08 SERK. Looking it over, it appears I would have to hard wire it into the ECM. With the prior electrical problems I've had with this scooter, no thanks on cutting wires.

If anyone has figured a way to make this a plug and play add on, let me know. If not, anyone looking for one of these get a hold of me. The Drag dealer I got it from went belly up. Drag says they will not accept it back direct from me. They are considering allowing another DS dealer to handle the deal.  :nixweiss:

Does the Mastertune TTS have the ability to adjust the speedo? I thought I heard that?

JW

fatboi1959

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all good!
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2010, 06:08:13 PM »

I know this is an old thread but thought I would throw some imfo out there anyway. I put the baker 30t trans pulley on my 07 flhtcuse2. I'm running the Thundermax. All you have to do is change the speedo cal value in the smartlink four software from 42000 to 39375 and presto the speedometer is accurate and the 6 gear indicator light works. The more i learn about the Thundermax the more I will never buy anything else. Zippers has an excell program they will e-mail to you for free that will calculate for you any combo you can muster up. i just changed cams and increased my displacement to 117 threw in some bigger injectors etc. and loaded a base map that wasn't all that close to my setup and it purrs. If i had some of the dyno tune money I have spent in the past i could retire. Anyway i'm running amuck and am offtopic,good riding to all.
2007 FLHTCUSE2
I'm spending my retirement one mod at a time

rugguy51

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »

I know this is an old thread but thought I would throw some imfo out there anyway. I put the baker 30t trans pulley on my 07 flhtcuse2. I'm running the Thundermax. All you have to do is change the speedo cal value in the smartlink four software from 42000 to 39375 and presto the speedometer is accurate and the 6 gear indicator light works. The more i learn about the Thundermax the more I will never buy anything else. Zippers has an excell program they will e-mail to you for free that will calculate for you any combo you can muster up. i just changed cams and increased my displacement to 117 threw in some bigger injectors etc. and loaded a base map that wasn't all that close to my setup and it purrs. If i had some of the dyno tune money I have spent in the past i could retire. Anyway i'm running amuck and am offtopic,good riding to all.
So how do you like the change in the gearing with the 30 tooth? Do you wish you would have gone with the 31 tooth? Going to change gearing in my 08'. Thanks

fatboi1959

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all good!
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »

Your only talking about 200 rpm difference from the 32 to the 30. But taking off in first is easier and stop and go traffic i don't have to work the clutch as much to maintain slow speeds. Shifting out of fifth gear into 6th at 105 mph is easily achieved with the 32 tooth trans pulley, and hopefully the 30 will slow me down a little!! ::)
2007 FLHTCUSE2
I'm spending my retirement one mod at a time
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.