Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Rust Spots in Paint?  (Read 12220 times)

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
Re: Rust Spots in Paint?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 10:15:04 PM »

Hmmm, now you have me a little concerned. I can only hope i dont have a similar experience to you. I have read elsewhere in this forum about lemon laws in the USA, maybe that could be an avenue if that applies in your state??

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »

I just saw this thread and sorry to see you guys have this problem on such a beautiful bike. I'm going to chime in here and reassure you guys that my 05 sefb (first year for the grind metal) and absolutely no issues with the paint or rusting under the clear coat grind metal finish. This bike has about 20k been ridden in the rain probably 10 times including two monsoon trips and sits in a garage that can get down to 20 degrees in the winter here in Chicago. I'm only saying all this to give you guys some hope that this is obviously a process that when done correctly will be durable....

speedoe

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 05:53:59 AM »

I will keep you guys posted. I really wish the bike would be OK and I could keep it as I really don't like the 11 models and that metal grind paint (without the rust) is awesome.

speedoe

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »

Well after talking to the MOCO customer service I am really frustrated. Customer service said my request to return the bike and get something else was denied. I was told that their solution was to repaint the skins again. I told them this would be the 4th try at getting a paint job that would not rust under the clearcoat. Customer services response was they could paint the skins a different color and not have the metal grind paint scheme. I told them this was unacceptable as the color would no longer match the vin and would no longer be original. Not to mention the paint was the biggest reason I fell in love with the bike when I first saw it on the showroom floor. I was then told that this was the final decision from the warranty department and there was nothing else that would be offered. I explained that my bike only has 1 month left under warranty and what happens if (when)  (if I do elect for them to repaint the skins again with the original metal grind paint) this paint shows rust. Customer service could not give me an answer. By the way if any of you have this kind of problem call customer service
 (414)343-4056 and get a case number this may help and can't hurt if you have a reocurring problem like I have. Maybe if enough people call and complain the MOCO may actually feel some heat and properly address this issue. I am just an average guy making an average salary......I purchased this bike after years of saving and making sacrifices so that I could afford this purchase and at this point I am very aggravated, sick to my stomach and dunno what else to do. Right now I feel the purchase of this bike was one of my biggest mistakes and I have an idea that I will end up trading this thing in (at a big loss). What a mess!

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 08:07:27 AM »

I wonder how many of our bikes without the metal grind scheme are rusting under the paint like an invisible cancer.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.469 seconds with 22 queries.