Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: SESG...would you do it again? POLL  (Read 9853 times)

JB3

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: SESG...would you do it again? POLL
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »

Yes, Yes and Yes!!! IMHO i've been riding for 20 years 5 bikes the last three HD's, and I traded my 2010 SG for the 2011 SESG.  I loved the SG but this bike is by far my favorite in looks, power and handling.  I personally dont care about the price, I wanted it, I could afford it, and its only money that I can't take with me when I'm gone so I'm enjoying it now.  I've owned the bike for two months and have 4500 miles on it, and there would be more if work and weather didnt get in the way.

Jack

Emerald Ice

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond and Crimson
SESG...would you do it again? POLL
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2010, 01:41:35 AM »

Absolutely, In a heartbeat!  Love the bike.

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »

Traded a 2007 SE RK  for a 2011 black diamond SESG 3 weeks ago. Have 2k miles on it. No regrets. Bike is awesome. No issues at all. Bike handles like a dream in the twisties.
2013 CVO Roadglide

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 08:08:35 PM »

I love this bike and recently road a Electra Glide and it was like riding a tractor after riding the 10 SESG. :2vrolijk_21:

In your opinion...WHY?

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »

I sold my 2004 Road King to buy the 11 SESG.  Absolutely no buyers remorse.  I can tell that this is the best bike that I have ever owned since I have been still riding this season even in 20 something degree weather.  I would never do that before on the RK. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010, 11:00:40 PM »

In your opinion...WHY?

The handling on the newer frame and chassis is so much more dialed.......just so much more responsive and sure footed.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2010, 11:54:08 PM »

The handling on the newer frame and chassis is so much more dialed.......just so much more responsive and sure footed.
That's exactly how it is on my 09SEUC compared to my 03RKC. 09SEUC is way better. I thought the 03RKC rode great, didn't think it could be any better but I was wrong. The 03 ride and handling was light years ahead of my 99'RKC.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2010, 08:54:57 AM »

For those who haven't made the plunge yet.......

They may jump on this forum and be put off by all the negative appearing posts.  We all know that polls aren't fact and often aren't even an accurate scale of public opinion however, to help get a more accurate picture, I'm putting this poll up.

JC ...... Many thanks for putting up this poll.  It's really great to see the actual numbers of members who are pleased with their bikes and enjoy the company of like minded members as in the "good 'ol days" of this forum when threads were filled with enthusiasm about mods, personalization and sharing the many good ideas.  Maybe your efforts will temper the constant, endless bitchin' by the few HD bashers and return us to the fun of riding these unique machines and sharing those experiences with our friends.

Thanks again! I look forward to reading and participating more in non-depression threads.  ::)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2010, 09:21:20 AM »

JC ...... Many thanks for putting up this poll.  It's really great to see the actual numbers of members who are pleased with their bikes and enjoy the company of like minded members as in the "good 'ol days" of this forum when threads were filled with enthusiasm about mods, personalization and sharing the many good ideas.  Maybe your efforts will temper the constant, endless bitchin' by the few HD bashers and return us to the fun of riding these unique machines and sharing those experiences with our friends.

Thanks again! I look forward to reading and participating more in non-depression threads.  ::)

Very well said!  :2vrolijk_21:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »

This past year I put 27K miles on mine and Nancy put 10K miles on hers. We made all the GTG's we could. I rode the Dragon 5 times this year and the Cherohala twice.
Some of the best memories were at the GTG's with new friends. We shared the highs and sometimes the lows of Screamin Eagle ownership.
If you made a GTG this year please comment and post your favorite picture in this thread.
 http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=57483.new#new

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ultraroad

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2010, 10:15:23 AM »

My 2011 S.G. is the 5th H.D I have owned and without question also the best, not because its a C.V.O either. Some tend to complain  but if you have a  H.D touring bike 2009 or newer they are miles apart from earlier models. I originally owned a  2008 Ultra CVO that I  traded in for a 2011 103 S.G.
         I was so blown away by the difference that I traded my almost new 2011 103 Street Glide back in for the new 2011 S.G. C.VO. model because my thoughts were that this is finally the bike that has everything for me , handling, height,stock seat comfort, sound system,looks etc and after 5000miles of hard running I am still stoked about it. So anyone who is waiting around for a new CVO let me tell you imho you will be really happy.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 03:21:42 PM by ultraroad »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2010, 10:31:18 AM »

Me too!  I couldn't have said it better myself, Brian. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

samule

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2010, 07:01:11 PM »

Ditto on all the good coments. Best by far. Never happier. Had an 06 Se ultra. Felt like it had a hinge in the middle of the frame in the corners compared to my black and orange 11. Did 900mi last weekend in the Texas hill country and just ran out of time for . Bike is perfect

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 09:20:23 AM »

The poll at the top of the page speaks volumnes if anybody had any reservations about getting a new bike.  Overwhelming majority are happy that they went forward with it. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »

thats a tough question.  I only have 3,000 miles on mine before i had to put it away for the winter.  Sometimes i think i should have bought a LTD, and do a bit more to the engine, but at the end of the day, by time you do all the adds, paint your real close to having spent the same amount...so probably would keep it
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.