Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: gear change on 2010 seuc  (Read 1420 times)

crunch29

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 seultra, red and black, D&D fat cat,SE Ventilator air cleaner, se pro tuner,Pro 110 performance upgrade
gear change on 2010 seuc
« on: June 18, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »

I'm thinking about changing to a 31 or 30t gear. From what I gather on previous posts is the 31t I can run my original belt and the 30 I will need to find a differant belt.
Who has made a gear change on a 10seuc and what are your thoughts and if you'd share what part numbers did you end up purchasing.

Thanks Crunch

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Re: gear change on 2010 seuc
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:07:30 AM »

Crunch29, I would suggest calling Baker Trans. to get some help with your question. 1-877-640-2004.  (info@bakerdrivetrain.com). They have a RPM calculator in their website. If you know the diameter of your rear tire, and the amount of teeth on your pulleys you can calculate your RPM at any speed. Also their customer service department is very helpful. They will be able to tell you if you need to change your belt depending on the pulley changes you might want to make. Other guys on the site have commented on this before. My only experience was with my 95 Heritage. I went from the stock 32 front pulley to a 30 and still used the same belt. Baker told me that if you decrease your front pulley by one tooth you would have to be able to adjust your belt .125" towards the rear  to  keep tension. (again this was on my heritage). I hope this helps. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.