Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cigarmike Ties the score!!  (Read 1165 times)

cigarmike

Cigarmike Ties the score!!
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:05:50 PM »

With all the problems and crappy treatment I have recieved from Bob Drons H.D. Of Oakland. I have decided to never use their services or refer them again. So today when I went in to see my dentist for bi annual cleaning, we started talking (Mostly him doing the talkin with his hand in my mouth), I know he rides a BMW, and likes to tell me about his road trips. He said he was going down to Drons to look at A tour Bike!!!, so as soon as I got to rinse, I told him that I just got a SEEG, He had a million questions, especially about how was the experience and treatment at Bob Drons!!!, LMAO< hes coming by my house to look at my scoot this weekend, and he WILL NOT be going to Drons now. I am going with him to Mcquires, and maybe Fremont H.D. to look for a new scoot, hoping I can talk him into a SEEG after seeing mine,  

If anyone from Drons is reading this, Thats one .....Im hoping to cost you at least one lost bike sale per month minimum. All the friends I know will gladly ride to the other dealerships in our area, and they love the web-sites that I found here from you guys that give a discount thru the internet. None of us will be doing our annual Christmas shopping there anymore. You screw one of us, you screw us all. GL with that Bob Drons. Formal complaint to MoCo is coming soon also, still cant believe how crappy Service dept. has treated me, Im not the kinda of person to forget, word of mouth is a powerful thing, Im sure Im not the Only one unhappy with their poor excuse for service, GL with that Drons.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Cigarmike Ties the score!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:18:30 PM »

I moved you here to other topics Mike as this is more dealer related than CVO. You know my thoughts on the service department at Dron's are similar to yours, although  I have not been treated in the poor manner that you have. There have been many stories of the crap the so-called service manager dishes out. What really amazes me is that there all so many people that do not know any better and take it. All we can hope for is enough people complain to Bob & Tracy Dron and the guy goes away.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »

Hey! Mike
Your not tied yet! with all the crap you put up with !!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 01:41:39 AM »

I was in Walnut Creek on business at the end of January (two weeks after I took delivery).  As I was leaving the Oakland Airport I stopped in to your favorite shop [smiley=oops.gif] to look around.  I bought the Scream'n Eagle emblem ($20)...  Wish I could take it back after hearing your story.
I usually pick up a Dip-Dot for my Grandson's collection on his closet mirror but they were out.  Next time I'm up, I'll honk and waive as I pass by on my way to McGuires in WC.
My uncle lives in Piedmont, I will have to ask him if he knows the owner.

Next time I stop in at my dealer, I think I will make a point of saying thanks for being so good!

Sorry you have not been as fortunate.
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

cigarmike

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:13:37 AM »

Im sure Drons will continue to have great success, they are expanding and in the process of moving to a larger building, but Ive also lived here my whole life, and am very social, between my friends and myself, we will be a PR nightmare for them. And I dont care how great the sales dept. or the parts dept. is, service is the most important part of a dealership after you buy a scoot and have warranty issues, They not only let me know that they dont want my buisness, they shoved it up my azz on last go around. If I cant get my bike serviced there, I dont buy anything there period. Im learning that thru simple conversation with other bike owners, Drons is having a lot of problems with customer care after the sale. I just remodeled a bathroom and kitchen for a guy who went to McQuires, and bought his last bike, an '05 from them, even though he lives 2 miles from Oakland HD. I asked why, he stated, "*** Drons, Ive had enough of their ****", LOL. I took that as a, he was not happy with them. At least I know Im not the only one. he said that San Ramon HD treats him like very well, difference is night and Day..THATS what I expect from my dealership.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:17:48 AM by cigarmike »

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 05:51:52 PM »

Get after them CigarMike [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Word of mouth is a powerful thing!
Five years ago I had a similar issue with a dealership 10 miles down the road from where I live. Long story so I won't get into. But our friends and us haven't stepped a foot in that sh!T hole since. And we spend some big ging on Motorclothes and accessories. I've steered at least 15 new bike purchases away from them. My girlfriend knows a couple of the motorclothes girls from their and they say they definatly have lost out on some great customers.

Keep up the free negative advertising [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;D

Grover

cigarmike

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 04:09:50 PM »

OK, make it 2 now....My buddy is upgrading to a bagger, he bought his last bike, a softtail at Drons....not the next one. Hes checking out Dudley Perkins in San Fran. this weekend. Letter was written and sent to owner of Bob Drons this morning, as to 'why' hes buying elsewhere when Drons is 10 minutes away from us.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »

Get 'em Mike. All kidding aside, those that abuse should pay the price. Word of mouth really means a whole lot.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 06:21:10 PM »

Mike,
    Your not alone.  San Diego Harley is as bad if not worse.  They used to be the only game in town and people put up with it.  Now we have a new store (BIGGS) in San Marcos that is the way a sales/service operation should be run (these dealerships need to realize that we are spending leasure dollars.....not rent money,  not buying groceries......FUN money).  San Diego has 2 stores now,  but the main one employ's the dregs of the Harley planet.  There are a couple of good guys there,  but the parts counter guys don't know enough about "OLDER" bikes (like even '99 and '00 boy those are realy freakin old) to be able to give you a simple set of brake pads for a '99 Ultra (they ask "is it twin cam?? oh you get the 4 piston jobs.....bullsh$t....they were the old EVO style calipers.  Even after an argument they insisted they were right).

The clothing bitches in San Diego Harley SUCK!!!!  No discussions.
I've asked these POS to order me a size 13 boot....."we can't do that....we don't stock those".  I went at christmas time to get Mrs.Beagle some goodies,  they didn't have a couple of item in her size,  asked if they could order them, the sales bitch walked away and didn't come back. I dropped everything I had in my arm right in the middle of the store and walked out. A good bro bought me a watch there for X-Mas a couple of years ago,  stopwatch timer didn't work,  talked to some bitch Stacie or Tracie or something that was absolutly useless,  she didn't even have a record that they ever sold the thing,  couldn't order parts or get it fixed.  I finally took it to a watch maker to have it repaired.  I wouldn't buy a shirt or jacket in that store if it was 100 degrees below and I was naked.

Had a 5K service done (7 yr warranty stuff, normally I'd do it myself),  a spark plug fell out on a 250 mile ride in the desert (no sh$t.....fell out),  bad enough.  They put the wrong freakin plugs in the bike,  so my plug wrench (that came with the bike didn't fit).  They pulled the PEM nut out of my air cleaner backing plate (had to pay for a new one),  burned up the tour pack light, tech left the TP lid open too long (blamed it on me),  didn't clean the oil off the voltage regulator....now I have oil stains in the garage and driveway.  For all this,  I have to do it all over myself,  and pay $285.00 to them.  Bullsh$t.
I'm taking my money to Biggs,  and bringing everyone I can with me!!!

I hope someone from San Diego Harley is reading this,  I'll be there Saturday for lunch,  cause if Myke is buying,  I'm eatin,  then I'll go spend my money at Biggs
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 01:50:43 PM »

Jesus Christ Beags Dago HD really suck.They cant get anything right.It surprises me that these a$$holes stay in business.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.