Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fuel consumption  (Read 919 times)

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
fuel consumption
« on: November 22, 2010, 08:35:10 PM »

what is the normal range of kilometres or miles i can expect on my new converible, around town and in traffic is my normal riding, i was getting around 180 miles which equates to about 300- 320 km on my softail custom  , evo 1340 with just screamin eagle mufflers and large jets in carby and air cleaner breather kit,
will i expect better mileage once i change the stock pipes and do sert,

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: fuel consumption
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:37:11 PM »

Dc, Last year I bought a new '10 convertible and got it just about this time of year.  all thru the winter and spring i would ride it and most times I got 171 miles and the tank was empty.  that was when it was cold out.  then when I decided to go to sturgis in August (warm) and by then the bike had about 6,000 miles so it was well broken in, I rode several tankfuls that gave me over 50 miles per gallon.  that spells 250+ out of a tank of fuel.  So, definitely it will improve as the bike gets broken in (in the beginning it is sucking up fuel like crazy as you up and down the rpms) but the warmer weather also expands the gas in the tank/lines and so you get more mileage out of a gallon.  My first tank on the trip yielded 238 miles and it ran absolutely dry.  I carry a pup-can in the saddlebag with about 30 oz. of fuel so I could do that.  that being said,,,,,,,,,,this '11 seems to run so close to perfect as far as timing, etc right out of the box and I can't help believe I will be seeing higher mileages yet.  Or it may end up the same mileage just more power.  either way I won't be disappointed.  I think you'll be delighted with the mileage.   Pork

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.