Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: make sure the bags are on all supports  (Read 898 times)

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
make sure the bags are on all supports
« on: December 02, 2010, 06:19:10 AM »

took my new baby out for a spin tonight in between thunderstorms, quite the norm this time of year in melbourne, clears up very quickly.
went out a couple of hours later after she had cooled down to put some more shine into the chrome and what do i find looking down ,,,,, one saddlebag is a bit off kilter, i had them off this morning to take photos and thought i had it on and didnt think anymore about it, but obviously i put the stabiliser at the bottom and only put one side up top, did about 20 miles like that , lucky i didnt lose it , will double check now each time, not the fault of the bags or mountings , purely human error on my part

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: make sure the bags are on all supports
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 08:16:51 AM »

This was a noted problem on the 2010 but has the potential to have worse, quicker results on the 2011 as the '10 has a full loop for a stabilizer down below.  the '11 is just a 1/2 moon bracket that rests up against the bushing (like you said, stabilizer) and if you lose something at the top, there isn't a safety harness, so to speak and it will just be gone behind you on the road.  Didn't think that was really an improvement but  guess once again, someone else did.  Once you get it really secured, don't think anything will just blow it off and you'll be good to go.

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.