Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Expensive Ultra Classic  (Read 936 times)

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
Expensive Ultra Classic
« on: March 29, 2006, 10:42:35 PM »

While traveling in the Indianapolis area today , I stopped at Indy West Harley Davidson. They are not known for low pricing. They did have an Ultra Classic that was a real eye catcher. It had the color shop Blazin' Black Pearl with Orange Flames paint set. It was #4 of 50. It also had the chromed front end with flames, the flamed exhaust shields and the flame fender skirt. All the grips and controls were of the flame variety. Like I said, It was really sharp. Price : $34,000. For that price it could have used the 103 C.I. and been more inviting.

SPIDERMAN

Re: Expensive Ultra Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 03:47:36 PM »

Biggs in San Marcos CA had one with a Screamin Eagle built up 113, 6-speed, Color shop Black and flames paint, tons of chrome and get this - - -only set up for one up touring with the Tour-pak rack/ Price was (who knows maybe still is ) $39,500. Nice bike, can't say I didn't like it. If someone who wanted the ultimate UC and was going to keep it for a long time bought it, that would make sense. IMO buying a high dollar non CVO and only keeping it for a couple of years seems like a good way to lose a bunch of money.But then again, not all of our CVO's have held price as good as we'd hoped. I know it's discouraging to Golden SERK owners to see them on the block for $20-22k

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:02:03 AM »

I allmost bought a 2003, I thought they would even go up a little in value?Maybe they just need a few more years before they level off and start too creep up in value? [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
hdnut

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 01:10:27 PM »

Biggs in San Marcos CA had one with a Screamin Eagle built up 113, 6-speed, Color shop Black and flames paint, tons of chrome and get this - - -only set up for one up touring with the Tour-pak rack/ Price was (who knows maybe still is ) $39,500. Nice bike, can't say I didn't like it. If someone who wanted the ultimate UC and was going to keep it for a long time bought it, that would make sense. IMO buying a high dollar non CVO and only keeping it for a couple of years seems like a good way to lose a bunch of money.But then again, not all of our CVO's have held price as good as we'd hoped. I know it's discouraging to Golden SERK owners to see them on the block for $20-22k

Buing something like this is like loading up a car and selling it quickly.  If you enjoy and get use from the options and keep it for a long time it makes little difference, but if you sell it in a couple of years, kiss the $$$ good bye.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 04:47:02 PM »

If your on this site that means you take pride in your scoot and you'll ride it and get your moneys worth while feeding your OCD.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.