Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Corbin Saddle  (Read 13094 times)

Ramjet-SS

Re: Corbin Saddle
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 09:07:58 AM »

I am hoping the orange will fade some into a darker color and it will over time. I also have to sno-seal it which will darken it alittle.

MontereyJack

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »

Nice looking seat. I would load of pics of mine but they are on Corbins website under new products. How is your seat held on? The solo one I have has a key that moves somekind of locking device. Mine is the prototype of the solo so the production one may be different. I my solo is complete production model I have one that is heated with oval back rest for sale. I do not have the female connector for the heated seat and do not know what the locking device hooks to on the bike. Anyone that has a solo please let the me know. i would not want this seat to just set on a shelf in the shed.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »

Yes you use existing holes and put a bracket with a spade that locks in the seat. The rear bracket you have to bend the bracket because of the curvature of the seat and bolts, that bracket mates up with metal tab on the rear of the seat to hold it from right to left movement. The comfort and contour of this seat is so much better than the factory seat. Corbin did an outstanding job on this seat but I have come to expect that from them.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 05:13:10 PM »

Mine arrived today. Looking things over...it didn't come up bolts for the rear bracket...I assume the thumbscrews cannot not used.  So did you just buy a couple bolts instead?

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »

KR
I'm assuming that you purchased the solo seat, right? Go to the solo page and click on NOTES and it will show you what to do. http://www.corbin.com/harley/softail/hdst10cvos.shtml

Etudeguy

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 07:58:04 PM »

I used the studs that were there with spacers but on my 2011 I had to bend the bracket a little to follow the contour of the rear fender better then i git some nuts and lock washers and bolted down the bracket. You are correct the thumb screws will not work. Other than that it went on well you might have to adjust the spade up a little to get a better fit. and so it engages nicely.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »

Thanks.  Anxious to get it on...my third Corbin but the quality of this one is really exceptional. 

Proud50

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »

I received my Corbin Dual Tour Saddle for 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE and its not fitting.    I called Corbin who indicated I should modify the front hook clip and possibly add washer to back to get it working.   I was hoping to get some feedback from someone else to know if they had similar experience.   The metal clip that hooks near the gas tank seems quite different than the Harley seat.    Let me know if anyone else got a dual tour seat and if you had to modify to get it to fit.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »

I used the studs that were there with spacers but on my 2011 I had to bend the bracket a little to follow the contour of the rear fender better then i git some nuts and lock washers and bolted down the bracket. You are correct the thumb screws will not work. Other than that it went on well you might have to adjust the spade up a little to get a better fit. and so it engages nicely.

So I don't mean to be dense here.  I'm putting on the saddle finally but I don't understand how the rear mounting bracket "holds" the back of the seat.  The bracket on the rear of the saddle doesn't latch in anyway to the bracket on the fender?  That results in more vertical movement of the back of the saddle than I would expect. 

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »

You will see a notch on the bracket the tab on the seat sits in the notch and that will prevent side to side movement. The flare on the bracket faces up. You will have to bend that bracket to follow your fender contour and you will have raise the bracket up with some washers or spacers under it.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

Proud50
I received my Corbin Dual Tour Saddle for 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE and its not fitting.    I called Corbin who indicated I should modify the front hook clip and possibly add washer to back to get it working.   I was hoping to get some feedback from someone else to know if they had similar experience.   The metal clip that hooks near the gas tank seems quite different than the Harley seat.    Let me know if anyone else got a dual tour seat and if you had to modify to get it to fit.

So I am curious for an update.  Did you modify the seat or need to send it back to Corbin?  Did you get it to fit correctly? 

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 06:39:19 PM »

I received my Corbin Dual Tour Saddle last week and I have the 2011 Convertible.  I was able to get the seat to fit but it was tight. The thumb screw that came with the bike which screws the seat on to the rear fender is to thick because the Corbin seat extends to far back.  I had to go to the Harley store and purchase a thin screw to get it to fit.

Another thing that is aggravating is that I have a luggage rack attached to my sissy bar and it won't fit because the Dual Tour extends to far out.  The luggage rack would need to be approximately an inch future back.  I could have the rack soldered back about an inch and re-chromed. Anyone have any suggestions for me on this one.

I sent my seat back because I purchase a back rest that I was going to use up front but I tried to get it to fit for the passenger since the sissy bar wouldn't go on but I couldn't get it to fit because the hole for the screw wasn't the right size.  Corbin is having computer problems and hasn't sent UPS by to pick of the saddle yet.  They said after they picked it up it would take about two weeks to get it back to me.

I really need the luggage rack on the sissy bar to hold my T-bag to have enough luggage space to tour with my wife.

Problems!!

Etudeguy

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »

Just got back from a 1,500 mi. trip riding 2 up.  Stock seat was fine along with the big bucket back rest for my sweetie.  For all the fitment troubles described by you guys I'll stick with the stocker.  Is it really that difficult to make a bolt-on replacement seat? 

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »

2smoke
I'm fine with the stock seat but my wife hates the passenger pillion.  Your idea for the custom made pillion certainly sounds fine as well.  I do know that the Harley Sundowner seat is fine.  We've always rode on a Corbin seat in the past and have loved it.

I'm glad to hear your 1,500 mile trip was successful.  We're taking a 5,000 mile trip pretty soon.

Etudeguy

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »

2smoke
I'm fine with the stock seat but my wife hates the passenger pillion.  Your idea for the custom made pillion certainly sounds fine as well.  I do know that the Harley Sundowner seat is fine.  We've always rode on a Corbin seat in the past and have loved it.

I'm glad to hear your 1,500 mile trip was successful.  We're taking a 5,000 mile trip pretty soon.

Etudeguy
A 5,000mi. trip is nothing to scoff at!  A true Iron Butt experience.  Make sure you give us a trip report.  I hope you have as much fun as we did on our ConV.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.